It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

budejovice: [...] I would love to bag a crit or two for gifting. C'mon GOG, hook a guy up! :)
HypersomniacLive: That sounds eerily like my own plan.
Ditto.
JDelekto: I'm trying to be cautious and wait to see who ends up on top (kind of like VHS vs. BetaMax or DVD-HD vs. Blu-Ray). :-)
In the DVD-HD vs BluRay war, the winner was Netflix.

I don't know a single person who owns a bluray player nor has plans to.
budejovice: [...] I would love to bag a crit or two for gifting. C'mon GOG, hook a guy up! :)
HypersomniacLive: That sounds eerily like my own plan.
I've given up hope, GOG won and I got a few more codes inc. a couple of Nox.
JDelekto: I'm trying to be cautious and wait to see who ends up on top (kind of like VHS vs. BetaMax or DVD-HD vs. Blu-Ray). :-)
j0ekerr: In the DVD-HD vs BluRay war, the winner was Netflix.

Well said sir
Hey guys and girls, what happened this day in the crazy insomnia sale? Wasn`t at home, had some to do. Then I was drinking some Tequila Sunrises with a girl, so I couldn`t follow the thread.
Co8uld you please inform me which games were sold this day?
j0ekerr: In the DVD-HD vs BluRay war, the winner was Netflix.

I have a BluRay player and a couple hundred movies to play on it :-P
j0ekerr: I don't know a single person who owns a bluray player nor has plans to.
I own a PS3 and about 30 Blu-Ray movies. Does that count?
Matruchus: FTL: ADVANCED EDITION should work and fits into your budget.

Link to game profile page: http://www.gog.com/game/faster_than_light
ymerejsasnak: Thanks. Was actually eyeing it last time it came up. But I'm sometimes wary of titles with 'roguelike' as part of their description (though, oddly perhaps given what I just said, Desktop Dungeons was the only game I had purchased on GOG prior to this sale)
Hammerwatch too.
http://www.gog.com/game/hammerwatch

I posted it earlier, but I cannot find my post! New GoG feature I guess!

I played it on openSuse. I don't know why they removed 128 MB VRAM requirement though. Now they don't write anything about VRAM.
mm3n: Anyone else feeling among the sleep already?
HypersomniacLive: Not yet, but if I finish my bottle of wine and it's still here, then we'll start having a problem.
It's good you are going through it with wine at least, I was trying to dry out a bottle of cola and it doesn't help with my growing sleepiness. Sleep deprivation symptoms sometimes result in just that.
Maxvorstadt: Hey guys and girls, what happened this day in the crazy insomnia sale? Wasn`t at home, had some to do. Then I was drinking some Tequila Sunrises with a girl, so I couldn`t follow the thread.
Co8uld you please inform me which games were sold this day?
Well, we hyped up Nox, which sold like hot cakes.
Oh, and all of the Seasoned titles are gone.
Redfern: Dammit, i missed Pier Solar...
ElTerprise: No you didn't :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post15563
I will be sleeping at that time probably...
budejovice: *snip*.....I would love to bag a crit or two for gifting. C'mon GOG, hook a guy up! :)
I wish you the best of luck for this noble endeavor budejovice, you like many other nice people here certainly deserve one. :)

So are you listening GOG RNG Freebie Algorithm, stop being so cruel to all these genuinely good folks and let them get a crit already. ;)
genkicolleen: lol~ My dad's 66 and a serious gamer -- he's playing Ascent - The Space Game as we speak; the latest in a long line of MMO's. I got my gaming tendencies from him (though I think that MMO's are evil. EVIL I say!) XD
Shendue: As i already mentioned on this very thread, i started gaming on pc by playing point-and-click games with my mother. I played all the classics in co-op with her, we helped each other taking turns when one of us got stuck at some point.

And my father was what i would define a closet gamer.
My parents divorced when i was very little and i went to live with my mother, who some years after married another man. Buy she always stayed in touch with my father and from time to time i spent some weekends and vacations with him. At one of those times, i guess i was 12-13, i stayed with him on my holidays.
I had an Atari Lynx i received for xmas and i kept playing the thing 24/7 with the two games i had at the time, Blue Lightning and Rygar. Since i was basically glued at the screen all time, he kept telling me that i would become dumb if i kept playing every time, and constantly kept telling me to turn the thing off at least for a little and talk with other people or do something more healthy.
After a couple days with him, i was sleeping at late night and woke up, i guess it was about 3 am and aimed to the kitchen to take a glass of water. As soon as i came out of the bedroom, i started seeing a light and barely audible sound. I followed them and found my father, 3 am, mind it, on the couch COMPLETELY fixed on the Lynx. I swear by God, it looked like he was playing the world championship finals or something like that, he was totally hooked. I said "but, dad...uh...it's 3 am..." and he was, like, "SHUT THE FUCK UP! I FINALLY REACHED LEVEL 6-2! DON'T TALK TO ME!" XD XD XD

Some years later he bought an early precursor of media center PCs, the OLIVETTI ENVISION (it was a revolutionary thing at the time, but didn't get much commercial success). I payed him a visit and he showed me the thing, enthusiastically. He kept saying that it was very cool and had lots of media functions, and was also pretty helpful for work.
I played with the thing a few and found out it had some videogames on a demo disk, so i asked him if i could try them. I started Street Fighter II and EVERY ENTRY OF THE HI-SCORE LIST had my father's name on it. "Work, uh? Sure." XD

I miss him a lot. I know it's kinda of a downer, sorry, but i gotta share: when i went to watch over him in the hospital after i heard he was really ill, i found a copy of a submarine simulator on his laptop. It may be stupid, but as a gamer it relieved me a little bit thinking that he was able at least to kill time and enjoy himself a little bit with something playful as a distraction those hard days.
I know this wasn't directed at me, but thanks for sharing this. Reminded me about how my father taught himself, though completely blind, to play to level 2-2 (that was the first underwater one right? he couldn't handle that one) in Super Mario Bros based purely on timing things based on the sounds/music.
ymerejsasnak: Thanks. Was actually eyeing it last time it came up. But I'm sometimes wary of titles with 'roguelike' as part of their description (though, oddly perhaps given what I just said, Desktop Dungeons was the only game I had purchased on GOG prior to this sale)
vanchann: Hammerwatch too.
http://www.gog.com/game/hammerwatch

I posted it earlier, but I cannot find my post! New GoG feature I guess!

I played it on openSuse. I don't know why they removed 128 MB VRAM requirement though. Now they don't write anything about VRAM.
Yeah, you are right. I missed that game in the upcoming list. +1
Tekkaman-James: The Rift is very neat, especially the DK2 version. As I said, my friend has one and I've used it on several occasions. Personally, while I am an Oculus supporter, I am comfortable waiting until the Consumer Version is available before I buy one. Hopefully, that won't be too much farther down the road.
My main concern with the Rift right now is the..."you have 2 new friend requests, Johnny posted a funny picture of his cat, like this on facebook"

I fear it might happen one day.