It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

6 am and still no signs of Din's Curse or the Shadowruns.
Better go to sleep... -_-
Good luck with the crits everyone! :)
seanb.655: What do you mean by "after Steam ceases to exist"?
Everything ends at some point of time, no retailer can last forever.

j0ekerr: I'll refer them to rule 30 of the internet.
kek :)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by huN73R
huN73R: Everything ends at some point of time, no retailer can last forever.
Doubtfull that a company with 90% market share will die soon.
Prohzac: Whaaa? Steam better not die, until I move my Thief and LoK collection from there to here! And in this case, you better get latest Thief remake, Gog. Ha! I bet it's somewhere on wish-list there. Gotta vote yes!
Indeed it is, you can vote for it here.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/thief_2014
huN73R: What if it's a woman who wants that game? (Not me, just curious)
j0ekerr: I'll refer them to rule 30 of the internet.
Let's push it to rule 31, then. And as my Grandpa used to say, "let's not push a good idea too far".
Psst. Someone do me a favor. If Wasteland 2 comes up again, grab a bullhorn and let me know. It will be much appreciated, thanks.
Prohzac: Whaaa? Steam better not die, until I move my Thief and LoK collection from there to here! And in this case, you better get latest Thief remake, Gog. Ha! I bet it's somewhere on wish-list there. Gotta vote yes!
it's not a remake , it's a reboot, that's not the same thing....

Tomb raider (2013) reboot isn't a remake of Tomb Raider 1
kblazer883: Psst. Someone do me a favor. If Wasteland 2 comes up again, grab a bullhorn and let me know. It will be much appreciated, thanks.
Sorry it already went through.
MsParanoid: Argh. I just bought The Witcher 2 and paid through Paypal but GOG's follow-on page said there seemed to be a problem with the payment, and that I should wait up to an hour for their confirmation e-mail before retrying to purchase. Nooo.

Meantime PayPal has sent an e-mail to say the payment went through. What should I do? Only 449 left now. Do I have it? Or not?

Anyone else had such a thing happen? How did it play out?
xep624: I haven't had an "error" like that. But if the payment went from PayPal account, that means that sooner or later Witcher 2 will appear in account. If not just write an e-mail to GOG.com support and they will sort it out for you. But I'm confident that within an hour you will have your copy. But the way there is Total Rebalance mod for Witcher 2 that makes the game more playable for people not too familiar with action games (and you don't have to keep rolling like crazy). I couldn't play the game without that mod (I'm not good with action games).
Thanks. I've written meantime and hope it'll be resolved.

Umm... so I'm not too familiar with action games (does it show?) and don't know what "rolling like crazy" means. Rolling dice? Rolling on the ground? And where does one get the Total Rebalance mod with instructions on what to do with it?
Lemon_Curry: Don't you just love it when a review of a buggy indie game begins this way?:

(Dead State reviews p.4)

Obviously, it does not have to be a fake review but... just go ahead and read the rest. ;)
j0ekerr: We have a word for this kind of thing, It's called "palmero" which roughly translates as: 'one who claps'.

The more you know.
Internationally that's called a claqueur which means exactly the same thing. That's originally a french word but it was taken over into English as well as German.
bler144: Yeah, I already owned it on Steam, and got one of the free GOG keys in that giveaway just in case I ever want to play through it again after Steam ceases to exist.
I sense a rumor starting....
kblazer883: Psst. Someone do me a favor. If Wasteland 2 comes up again, grab a bullhorn and let me know. It will be much appreciated, thanks.
ElTerprise: Sorry it already went through.
Thus, I used the word "again" to signify if it comes up "again". Thank you for letting me know about the first time though.
Man, Nox is still great. I have the big box still on my shelf from back in the days and haven't played it since 2000 or so. But, I bought it today from the sale and had a quick 20 minutes game with it and it still rocks. Really well made hack and slash for its time! GOG is just amazing and please, bring more stuff from the early 90's!

By the way, are all the oldies done for the sale as we are getting fresh titles? I missed the Fate of Atlantis alltogheter :(
stg83: Indeed it is, you can vote for it here.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/thief_2014
Already did :)
bler144: Yeah, I already owned it on Steam, and got one of the free GOG keys in that giveaway just in case I ever want to play through it again after Steam ceases to exist.
Well good chance is, that if steam goes under, things aren't rosy for gog either. Lots of companies trying to get into the market with their own distribution channels (however silly that is) and others trying to control it. Microsoft tried (because hey it works for consoles, it surely must work the same way on pc), failed , and are now trying again (and hopefully fail again...).

But at some point it might just work. Heck even steam is trying to do that now.