It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

iangold: Why don't they add a final chance notice?! Sales tempo would increase at least by half. :)
Perhaps, sadly they only do it on their Twitter account (possibly Facebook too, I won't bother checking that).
Tallima: Its quite different from Sim City. All of your people are accounted for and they move like a strategy game, but on their own. So if you want to chop down a tree, you need to wait for someone to go over to it and chop it down.

You mostly have to make sure that you have the resources to keep your village alive. At first, it's easy. But then you get to taste the true nature of the game: You're stuck in a very limited space. So you mitigate disaster the best you can. Your population can explode or not move at all or, worse yet, suddenly all die off. You can overforest (because your people are cold and need firewood and lumber for house-building, not just because you are Haiti) and then your people end up even more cold and more unsheltered and more dead.

So, you do manage your village. But mostly, your goal is to keep that village alive. And during a really good time, thriving. And during the worst times, keep it from totally collapsing in on itself.

It's a good one. And it's a good game to play for 30-60 minutes while you're deciding what to play next.
Thank you! That helps way more than all the steam reviews I was looking at. That sounds a bit like the villagers games by Last Day of Work company. I vaguely remember playing those and having to task my people and buildings and such.
iscagog: No, not really. It's more 'people' focused than type of building, economy or zone.

Banished is a really great game, although ultimately has some fatal flaws
ElTerprise: I got Banished earlier in the promo. What fatal flaws does it have if i may ask?
Just you the player. :)

There are lots mods for it to make it more complex after you get the hang of it.

Trentonlf recommended me this one: http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/679-CC-Excellent-Adventure-BlackLiquid It adds a ton and quite seamless and well-done.
iangold: Why don't they add a final chance notice?! Sales tempo would increase at least by half. :)
I got the notice by mail.
Mister-Gosh: Hmm, this is the list I have, can someone confirm it's good?
Other than the fact that your list seems to be missing a list, it looks good.
Klumpen0815: I scored two crits, one I could gift to trentonlf and another not even cheap one that wasn't yet part of my collection (The Last Federation) and I've been blessed by the gentlemen of this thread too, so for me it was a good promo, even if my bank account suffered quite heavy.

Shadowgate and Grimrock 1+2 have risen right to the top of my backlog now.
Can't speak for the others, but Grimrock 1 is quite good for fans of old dungeon crawlers, like Dungeon Master.

Speaking of which, GOG should get Dungeon Master...

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/dungeon_master
My 3rd crit was children of nile. Got no interest in it for myself, so the first person who let's me know they'd like it can have it :)

(No hording though, or I'll give it to someone who does redeem)
Micro-BIOS: I got the notice by mail.
I just checked my e-mail, and there was no such message...yet. I always seem to get them HOURS later than most.
Tallima: Its quite different from Sim City. All of your people are accounted for and they move like a strategy game, but on their own. So if you want to chop down a tree, you need to wait for someone to go over to it and chop it down.

You mostly have to make sure that you have the resources to keep your village alive. At first, it's easy. But then you get to taste the true nature of the game: You're stuck in a very limited space. So you mitigate disaster the best you can. Your population can explode or not move at all or, worse yet, suddenly all die off. You can overforest (because your people are cold and need firewood and lumber for house-building, not just because you are Haiti) and then your people end up even more cold and more unsheltered and more dead.

So, you do manage your village. But mostly, your goal is to keep that village alive. And during a really good time, thriving. And during the worst times, keep it from totally collapsing in on itself.

It's a good one. And it's a good game to play for 30-60 minutes while you're deciding what to play next.
calicogamer: Thank you! That helps way more than all the steam reviews I was looking at. That sounds a bit like the villagers games by Last Day of Work company. I vaguely remember playing those and having to task my people and buildings and such.
Generally avoid steam reviews, objective and constructive reviews are far in between,,,,,,
I got two crits and bought one game twice (once for me and once to sweeten the pot of LAGTAG).

Bought: Papers Please
Critted: Cognition, Shadowrun: Dragonfall
high rated
Tekkaman-James: I just checked my e-mail, and there was no such message...yet. I always seem to get them HOURS later than most.
There's still time for the newsletter to arrive - the Promo will last a few more hours.
ElTerprise: I got Banished earlier in the promo. What fatal flaws does it have if i may ask?
Tallima: Just you the player. :)

There are lots mods for it to make it more complex after you get the hang of it.

Trentonlf recommended me this one: http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/679-CC-Excellent-Adventure-BlackLiquid It adds a ton and quite seamless and well-done.
Yep - have just downloaded that mod. Glad I mentioned it now, because the colonial pkm might make me fall in love with the game again :)
deleted
yyahoo: An optimist! I admire you guys. Probably not for the reasons you'd prefer, but you take what you can get... ;)

BTW, I do have a few gift codes burning a whole in my pocket. I'll PM you. Feel free to let me know if any of them interest you...
Dalthnock: I know I thanked you in the PM, but I want to thank you for the offer in here as well.

That was very decent of you & I really appreciate it.
No problem at all. Enjoy!
Micro-BIOS: I got the notice by mail.
*stares at MicroBIOS' avatar*

Okay, now all I want to do is leave work early and go home and pet my dog (a blue merle adult Aussie mix). :(