It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

goplanet: And the introduction is unforgivably stupid.
You've got that right! I just watched the damn thing.
toxicTom: Most be a console thing. I can't think of many PC games that have bats as enemies.
They are quite common in older games, such as Forbidden Forest and Hunt The Wumpus. Basically any time you had a flying enemy that wasn't a spaceship, there was a good chance it was a bat.
high rated
trentonlf: Now that is doggy heaven LOL :-)
Nth less for our favourite Husky! :-)

And you scored post #14,000!! Conrats!
Is there a limit to the number of posts / replies that newbies are allowed to make in the forums in a day? I have tried a number of times to post a second reply to Tarnicus, and a reply to Trentonlf, but the box just sits there spinning its wheels. I've focused my psychic powers on it, but nothing is happening at all.

I'm trying to see if it's all posts or only replies that are affected...
toxicTom: Most be a console thing. I can't think of many PC games that have bats as enemies.
Klumpen0815: Diablo, Diablo 2, Inquisitor, Heretic, Injustice: Gods among us and most other games with Batman.
Legacy of Kain has this half bat half man character (ancient vampire) who is actually one of the nicer guys.
I think his name was Vorador.

I can't think of others atm though.
Sunless Sea has bats too :)
Undying is up now. Was there someone waiting for that one?
Seasoned: Clive Barker's Undying (-75%) [250]

Great game, bought another gift key.
zenwan: Is there a limit to the number of posts / replies that newbies are allowed to make in the forums in a day? I have tried a number of times to post a second reply to Tarnicus, and a reply to Trentonlf, but the box just sits there spinning its wheels. I've focused my psychic powers on it, but nothing is happening at all.

There are no limits but forums aren't responding sometimes. If that happens just restars your browser and login again.
IAmSinistar: They are quite common in older games, such as Forbidden Forest and Hunt The Wumpus. Basically any time you had a flying enemy that wasn't a spaceship, there was a good chance it was a bat.
I remember the bat from Adventure on the old Atari 2600. Hated that stupid thing.
zenwan: Is there a limit to the number of posts / replies that newbies are allowed to make in the forums in a day?
No. But there's a limit to the number of users the site can... "bear" :P

Translation: Everything's fine. It's just the site that's lagging a bit.
zenwan: Is there a limit to the number of posts / replies that newbies are allowed to make in the forums in a day? I have tried a number of times to post a second reply to Tarnicus, and a reply to Trentonlf, but the box just sits there spinning its wheels. I've focused my psychic powers on it, but nothing is happening at all.

If that happens there is something wrong with the post. You most likely messed up the quote tags when you shortened the quote.
Tarnicus: I thought dogs got fleas, not spiders?
IAmSinistar: That's what makes it horror.
Does no one ever think of the spiders?
The poor little eight legged things, they're also plagued by fleas.

I'll let you think about spider fleas.
wizardofid: Well I heavy into tower defense games, That is the extend I can manage, tactical and strategical, never been good, at any type of RTS games, I always get whipped. So glad I got some semi old school tower defense games in this sale, I gobble every one I can find.Defense grid is next on the list, just got death trap, pretty nice game, another seriously awesome game is sanctum 2. Tower defense in FPS view, nice hybrid mix.
i have some towerdefense games aswell, they are not 3d but more 2d and they might look 'childish'
i have these( GG)
all drm free , except for 300 dwarves (key or something needed to activate)

Sidereal Defense (not that good but it is list priced at 49 cents i believe so you cant expect much for 49 cents)

the better games

Admiral Nemo
strategy they say but i think its more a differnt version of a towerdefense, except you have to control and shoot things yourselves, its a simple but nice game

Roaming Fortress

this is a bit different, you must destroy things while you walk on a dino or something that has some small fort on it

Royal Defense: Invisible Threat
Toy Defense
Toy Defense 2 Deluxe Edition

iBomber Defence Pacific

Orczz
(Casual, Strategy, Indie, Tower Defense)

Risen Dragons
(Casual, Strategy, Tower Defense, Match 3, Time Management)

The Wall - Medieval Heroes
(Casual, Strategy, Tower Defense, Time Management)

300 Dwarves
(Casual, Strategy, Tower Defense)

(based on styxx from c64)
fortix 1 and fortix 2
--> fun game i play it alot

Garden Rescue
(Casual, Strategy, Indie, Tower Defense)
zenwan: Is there a limit to the number of posts / replies that newbies are allowed to make in the forums in a day?
No but there are several people interested in limiting the number of post/replies people like me can make in a day. :P
skeletonbow: *snip*

Luck? Miracle? $deity did it? Random nonsense coincidence? We may never know the answer to these things! Join us on next week's program where we discover... is it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q4F-kvWY7A ;oP

On a side note, I don't have or believe in lucky numbers per se, but there is a number which I have observed frequently since I was 16 and it always catches my attention - 723. I've researched this phenomenon from a mathematical and psychological perspective and it is an interesting pattern matching thing the brain does despite it looking like a particular number appears often out of nowhere for those that experience it. Many people who experience or observe this often attribute it to being a lucky or unlucky number or some other significance, however I just think it is an interesting coincidence and feature of the human brain. Might or might not be similar to what you mention above. :) There is a book called "Phantoms of the Brain" which explores many such oddities of the brain which is just fascinating to read.
Shh don't tell anyone but it is merely a number that I have observed and now have ingrained in my mind and take note of every time I see it. I'd much rather say that it is the number that guides my destiny and reassures me that I am on the right path in life, divinely guided. It makes for a much better story :D I'll have to share some of the crazy 33s that have occurred, including the woman who introduced me to it and has it tattooed on her :)