It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wizardofid: In the news.

"Website reports half of it members have died, due to unknown cause . In unrelated news, coffee prices soared to new heights and undertakers smiling all the way to the bank, as a shortage of grave sites doubles and finally redbull to sponsor Gog.com sales."
innerring: "Freelance reporter uncovers a sinister plot concoted by GOG.com and the biggest coffee suppliers in the world to deprive the site users of sleep and increase coffee prices and sales"
Well I should make a gog.com insomnia game, where you attempt to stay awake and get crit hits, by using a physics engine that will allow the in game user sway left and right to keep him a wake, bonus points for gifting games and minus points for buying some thing on the sale at full prices.
Banjo_oz: Also, I still don't understand how people were getting free games; I ended up buying a dozen titles, both fresh and classic, and didn't get a single freebie, not even when clicking on the ones I already owned. While I don't mind that part so much, since I was happy just getting them at a cheaper price, it's left me baffled why the whole "free" mechanism seemed to be working for so many other people and not a select few. Is it browser related, perhaps?
Some people have been adding the games to their cart from the game card or similar, not getting a freebie, and doing that over and over and wondering why they never win. You have to click on "Buy Game" directly on the homepage though, not put it in your cart from elsewhere on the website. So that explains why some number of people don't win, they're not playing the game correctly. Aside from that though if everyone clicks on 200 games over a few days of the promo or whatever and person A wins 0 games, person B wins 1 game, person C wins 3 games, person D wins 5 games, their ratio of try to win mathematically is:

A: 0/200 = 0.0% win rate
B: 1/200 = 0.5% win rate
C: 3/200 = 1.5% win rate
D: 5/200 = 2.5% win rate

This shows that despite some people winning and some people losing, mathematically the percentage of difference they have in their win ratios are very very small, only a 2.5% variance from not winning anything to winning 5 games. In a small sample size of people posting in forums and seeing other people's results it is well within the margin of error of pure randomness. It only gets interesting if somehow one person tried 200 times and won say 25 games or something less likely mathematically. Even then it's possible however because some people do win longshots on the lottery with enormous odds.
innerring: "Freelance reporter uncovers a sinister plot concoted by GOG.com and the biggest coffee suppliers in the world to deprive the site users of sleep and increase coffee prices and sales"
wizardofid: Well I should make a gog.com insomnia game, where you attempt to stay awake and get crit hits, by using a physics engine that will allow the in game user sway left and right to keep him a wake, bonus points for gifting games and minus points for buying some thing on the sale at full prices.
And a "rate of coffee in blood" displayed with need of sleep (and food) level :D
skeletonbow:
I think it all depends on luck. On the first two days I had zero critical hits and then yesterday I scored Wacky Wheels and Seven Cities of Gold
Has anyone else been passing the Keaneing by watching the Twitch streams?
It's introduced me to a few games I would never have thought about, but now will.

Like Botanicula - from what I saw it's a mini-game, with oddness thrown in everywhere. Perfect for those times when you want to be surreal.
Fish!
wizardofid: Well I should make a gog.com insomnia game, where you attempt to stay awake and get crit hits, by using a physics engine that will allow the in game user sway left and right to keep him a wake, bonus points for gifting games and minus points for buying some thing on the sale at full prices.
Splatsch: And a "rate of coffee in blood" displayed with need of sleep (and food) level :D
Imagine playing the game during a sale, in fact make the game only playable during a sale.Game should look up the computer time and how long you have been playing, and your reaction times, to throw in some curve balls :p
Splatsch: "Incoming on GOG : The One Month Insomnia Sale !"
wizardofid: In the news.

"Website reports half of it members have died, due to unknown cause . In unrelated news, coffee prices soared to new heights and undertakers smiling all the way to the bank, as a shortage of grave sites doubles and finally redbull to sponsor Gog.com sales."
LOL thank you I really needed that :)
g. morning guys!
so for fresh games 2 games missing in the second round? is it right?
Getcomposted: Has anyone else been passing the Keaneing by watching the Twitch streams?
It's introduced me to a few games I would never have thought about, but now will.

Like Botanicula - from what I saw it's a mini-game, with oddness thrown in everywhere. Perfect for those times when you want to be surreal.
Fish!
It's a very strange game. Warning if you hate adventure games for there lack of logic in puzzles stay away from Botanicula is my advice.
Getcomposted: Has anyone else been passing the Keaneing by watching the Twitch streams?

Fish!
I have seen Startopia yesterday and I loved what I saw. Dungeon Keeper in space, more or less. Definitely on my list now.

Other than that I have been watching Let's Plays of some of the more obscure games I bought like Smugglers V. If the learning curve of a game is steep or the GUI clunky I often find it useful to watch someone play it who is passionate about the game and who knows their way around it. Just gotta be careful not to spoiler yourself too much.
Splatsch: And a "rate of coffee in blood" displayed with need of sleep (and food) level :D
wizardofid: Imagine playing the game during a sale, in fact make the game only playable during a sale.Game should look up the computer time and how long you have been playing, and your reaction times, to throw in some curve balls :p
And the game could give you percentage of luck to get the game you want in real life ;)

A game that help you to wait during the sale, which simulate the sale... Oh my... Don't you fear some people may do an "Insomnia sale overload" ?
Can I have someone(s) on the lookout for Nox/Gex/Tie Fighter? for a little while? I have to be up in 4 hours to run a classroom and teach children how to make good life decisions (like participating in an Insomnia sale).
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Gog, have been following the sale and lurking in this thread for the last couple of days. It's been an experience!

Bought more games than I should have, and scored a crit on Great Battles. I'm not really interested in that game myself, so got a gift code in case anyone wants it. Just let me know and I'll send it to you.

Also, I impulse bought the first Legends of Grimrock but figured out it's probably not really my sort of game after all - it's an unredeemed gift code, too. Any chances anyone would swap that for a Shadowrun Returns Code? I realise the latter seems a lot more popular, so I'm not holding my breath, but one can always hope...
qwerty_84: g. morning guys!
Good morning. =)

Correct, only 2 left. Finally.
qwerty_84: g. morning guys!
Good morning :)
Yes it seems ! You can check here : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post6747