It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've been a GOG customer from back when they sold little but the old Fallout titles, but this is my first experince with this odd kind of "sale" and I can't say I like the concept. It really doesn't seem fair to those of us with busy lives and jobs who can't sit by a computer day and night; the "one day only" and bundle approach of past sales seems much more sensible and reasonable, I feel.

Maybe I'm just bitter because all I really wanted was the LucasArts games, yet I missed Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis EVERY time it came around (even though it seems like there were massive numbers of copies sold?)!

Also, I still don't understand how people were getting free games; I ended up buying a dozen titles, both fresh and classic, and didn't get a single freebie, not even when clicking on the ones I already owned. While I don't mind that part so much, since I was happy just getting them at a cheaper price, it's left me baffled why the whole "free" mechanism seemed to be working for so many other people and not a select few. Is it browser related, perhaps?
djdarko: I had this weird error where I bought a copy of Stronghold HD and the payment went through but did not redirect to the "you bought the game" page, and no GOG receipt either.
I had the same problem second day of the sale (if I remember well) : I simply had to refresh my account (which solved the "missing game" issue) , and I send a support ticket asking for GOG receipt which they sent me pretty fast :)
djdarko: I had this weird error where I bought a copy of Stronghold HD and the payment went through but did not redirect to the "you bought the game" page, and no GOG receipt either.
Splatsch: I had the same problem second day of the sale (if I remember well) : I simply had to refresh my account (which solved the "missing game" issue) , and I send a support ticket asking for GOG receipt which they sent me pretty fast :)
I forgot, how do I refresh my account again?
CarrionCrow: I wiped out over 30 list entries from the sale. Looking forward to the summer sale so I can cut the remaining amount by at least half.
opticq: Yup that was me last year, until I was honest with my self and realized I wouldn't like 90% of those games. So now my wishlist is like 20 games.

I'm a bit hesitant in buying games recently after bad/boring games like Grimm, Capsized, Blocks that Matter.
You're fortunate.
I have everything listed that generates even a passing interest, whether for its quality or awfulness.
now my whishlist it's 3 games
Well I got all the games I wanted, just sticking around for a crit, only managed one hit, final one I wanted was little big adventure 2.If the price is right, might get 1 or two more.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by wizardofid
LynetteC: Check your PMs. :-)

And now, I'm off to work.

Catch you all later. x
Oooh, I didn't see this until after I posted.
I sent you a PM! And thank you for the thought!
opticq: Yup that was me last year, until I was honest with my self and realized I wouldn't like 90% of those games. So now my wishlist is like 20 games.

I'm a bit hesitant in buying games recently after bad/boring games like Grimm, Capsized, Blocks that Matter.
I always try to avoid "not really wanted" purchases. Not only due to my budget, but too because I don't like the idea to buy something I don't want/like. Sometimes, with very low prices, you can try some game... But I prefer to spend a little more in something that I will enjoy a lot.
Matruchus: Hey anybody noticed that Arcen Games is going to release a new 4x game called <span class="bold">Stars Beyond Reach</span> in May 2015. Its going to be a mix between Civilization style gameplay and simcity.
I didn't know that.
I love 4X games. I hope for a GoG release.

Thanks for the link.
djdarko: I forgot, how do I refresh my account again?
www.gog.com/account/refresh
Getcomposted: And I'm back! After more than half an hour wrangling with the bank, even though they were super helpful. It just took time, and I kept them on the line to try out some transactions on other game sites just in case. ;)

Incidentally, after I got off the phone with them the first time, I tried to get the $1 Weekly Bundle, but my card was declined! However, the bank told me the request for payment hadn't even come through to them from Humble. So is anyone else having problems with Humble today?

Hopefully, it's all fixed!
Fingers crossed for Myst and Legend of Grimrock 2!
Welcome back, and I wish you luck for your awaited games :)
Banjo_oz: I've been a GOG customer from back when they sold little but the old Fallout titles, but this is my first experince with this odd kind of "sale" and I can't say I like the concept. It really doesn't seem fair to those of us with busy lives and jobs who can't sit by a computer day and night; the "one day only" and bundle approach of past sales seems much more sensible and reasonable, I feel.

Maybe I'm just bitter because all I really wanted was the LucasArts games, yet I missed Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis EVERY time it came around (even though it seems like there were massive numbers of copies sold?)!

Also, I still don't understand how people were getting free games; I ended up buying a dozen titles, both fresh and classic, and didn't get a single freebie, not even when clicking on the ones I already owned. While I don't mind that part so much, since I was happy just getting them at a cheaper price, it's left me baffled why the whole "free" mechanism seemed to be working for so many other people and not a select few. Is it browser related, perhaps?
Purely random AFAIK. I've bought over a dozen games as well, and no crits either.

Splatsch: I always try to avoid "not really wanted" purchases. Not only due to my budget, but too because I don't like the idea to buy something I don't want/like. Sometimes, with very low prices, you can try some game... But I prefer to spend a little more in something that I will enjoy a lot.
Exactly! I have no problem spending a lot on LucasArts or WB games and am so glad those games came here.
Well, I get some sleep, walk the dog, make some breakfast and we're still in the second round of Fresh games.

I'll have to leave for work in an hour, but now I'm not worried the games I'm looking for will pass me by while I'm away.
Splatsch: Welcome back, and I wish you luck for your awaited games :)
Now to change my prayer back.

Please be Myst.
Please be Myst.
Please be Myst.

:D