It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So I too want to jump on this Nox bandwagon but those graphics look a bit...dated for my tastes atleast. How does gameplay compare to Diablo?
Klumpen0815: Vote for Albion! forum title
ArtisticMinstrel: I have, only wish I could do it 100 more times. And yes I know it's free out there, but I'd love it on GOG.
Very good.
Sadly it's not. Abandonware isn't really legal and as long as it isn't freeware, it's neither free nor available.
I've got the German original version and the English translation both, but would gladly buy it in a GoG package.

I wonder where the problem lies, this game is truly one of the most fitting on Good Old Games.

Here's a list of games that were formerly commercial and are freeware now, GoG could use some more of those for their "get them free with your account"-collection here too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_released_as_freeware
Klumpen0815: Good morning everyone!

I woke up, turned on my tablet, clicked on "The Last Federation" and scored a critical hit.
I didn't yet own this game and am quite happy, this day had a good start. :)

This was my second hit after Nox.
Congratulations Klumpen. You nailed a very good game there.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by Matruchus
opticq: So I too want to jump on this Nox bandwagon but those graphics look a bit...dated for my tastes atleast. How does gameplay compare to Diablo?
It's pretty good, ignore the graphics....and all should be good.It was release around the same time as diablo, diablo got more mainstream attention.....
opticq: So I too want to jump on this Nox bandwagon but those graphics look a bit...dated for my tastes atleast. How does gameplay compare to Diablo?
It had a 1024x768 resolution natively while Diablo 2 was still stuck at 640x480, so it aged better than most.
Gameplay is more fluid, a little faster and you can't look around corners with the shadow-effect, which gives it a bit more tension and immersion. It's less linear, because every class has a different line.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Id love to tell you but I get this weird graphical glitch at startup and the screen blinks and becomes unresponsive... :-(
ArtisticMinstrel: I have, only wish I could do it 100 more times. And yes I know it's free out there, but I'd love it on GOG.
Klumpen0815: Very good.
Sadly it's not. Abandonware isn't really legal and as long as it isn't freeware, it's neither free nor available.
I've got the German original version and the English translation both, but would gladly buy it in a GoG package.

I wonder where the problem lies, this game is truly one of the most fitting on Good Old Games.

Here's a list of games that were formerly commercial and are freeware now, GoG could use some more of those for their "get them free with your account"-collection here too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_released_as_freeware
Strange - I was sure Abandonia or one of those specifically said it was legal. My mistake. All the more reason to get a classic like this on GOG.

We have the discs in the family, but it's not strictly mine, plus it is a hassle to get it running again on updated machines. I'd snap it up in a heartbeat... (or at least very first sale at the latest)
Splatsch: Good morning everyone ! Hello again !
How are you all doing ?
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

Still sale watching despite having nothing to buy. Getting ready to put a game on.

How are you doing today?
Morning ! :)
Fine, and you ? Slept less than expected (I'm a little ill and coughing awoke me, and prevented me to sleep again. Not big cough but enough to do it XD), but that happens !

Addicted, even without anything to buy ? I agree, this sales are really fun :)
Klumpen0815: It had a 1024x768 resolution natively while Diablo 2 was still stuck at 640x480, so it aged better than most.
Gameplay is more fluid, a little faster and you can't look around corners with the shadow-effect, which gives it a bit more tension and immersion. It's less linear, because every class has a different line.
wizardofid: It's pretty good, ignore the graphics....and all should be good.It was release around the same time as diablo, diablo got more mainstream attention.....
Thanks for the info, I think I will hold off on it for the time being until I beat some more games.
If you can pass through the graphics, I advice you the game. It's a "light" diablo : it's more an action-rpg than a hack-n-slash, but with similar gameplay bases. Similar, but not exactly the same.
bew1977: Still no Pharaoh. I know I'm going to fall asleep and miss it.
zenwan: I tried to buy Pharaoh last time, then discovered I had it already. I'm waiting for Children of the Nile, it went so fast last time that I missed it.
Really enjoyed Children. One I figured out how to really play it was super fun
opticq: Thanks for the info, I think I will hold off on it for the time being until I beat some more games.
But if you're unsure, of course, you better have to hold off :)
If you need a nap, now is the time. These 2 will stay here for 3 hours.
Getcomposted: Yes! It's not Myst! \O/
Only 20 minutes before I can start trying to call my bank!
Check your PMs. :-)

And now, I'm off to work.

Catch you all later. x
Splatsch: If you can pass through the graphics, I advice you the game. It's a "light" diablo : it's more an action-rpg than a hack-n-slash, but with similar gameplay bases. Similar, but not exactly the same.
Yea, my tolerance for old school graphics only goes so far, but I will take a closer look at gameplay videos.

Mister-Gosh: Id love to tell you but I get this weird graphical glitch at startup and the screen blinks and becomes unresponsive... :-(
Changing compatibility settings didn't help?
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nox#Flickering_title_screen_or_black_screen_on_startup
Post edited March 06, 2015 by opticq