It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ArtisticMinstrel: Gog galaxy?
opticq: GOG's answer to Steam - client to download and play single and multiplayer games
http://www.gog.com/galaxy
I wouldn't say that is the answer to steam. It will work more or less as a downloader, in which you can log into your account (am I right?). Anyway, the games remain DRM-free - so that's good.
Thanks all, I hadn't heard of Gog Galaxy yet. Looks good!
opticq: GOG's answer to Steam - client to download and play single and multiplayer games
ziolkowskim: I wouldn't say that is the answer to steam. It will work more or less as a downloader, in which you can log into your account (am I right?). Anyway, the games remain DRM-free - so that's good.
No it will support multiplayer gaming, achievements and such.
ziolkowskim: I wouldn't say that is the answer to steam. It will work more or less as a downloader, in which you can log into your account (am I right?). Anyway, the games remain DRM-free - so that's good.
opticq: No it will support multiplayer gaming, achievements and such.
As long as it's DRM-free. I can't wait for achievements in old Sierra titles : "Died 41 times".
MissFable: Ok I'm really going to bed this time. Good night all.
Goodnight. Hope it's not too cold where you are.
Meh, Even Bananas fail me today... Or maybe its my own fault. I was rushing from shop yesterday so I wouldnt miss the sale of Sam & Max... So I forgot to buy em. Damn. Not my day it would seem XD
Will the seasoned deals be over soon?

Missed acouple I would have liked.
penumbren: *snip*

That even carries over to my movie preferences, actually; I've never wanted to go see a 'chick flick' (a.k.a romcom) in the theater, although we do own a few, but I have often dragged my husband to the newest Marvel movie, Jackie Chan flick, or pictures with lots of explosions. ;)
I have to say that out my partner and I, I am the chick-flick romcom lover, and she is the mindless action fan! I am the one who prefers an emotionally gripping tale that plucks my heartstrings, and she loves the violence and gore. Then again I did too when I was her age, and I think I've had my share of seeing violence glorified. We have managed to interest each other in our respective tastes in all manner of entertainment. I've always loved martial arts movies, but since undertaking full contact sparring a few years ago, I find so many of those flashy moves to be absolute BS! I love this clip Rudimental - Right Here ft Foxes for the story and martial arts choreography, no matter how easy it would be to avoid most of the flashy kung fu shown in it.

My partner is now as big a mixed martial arts fan as I am, and it has lead to her leading some basic self defense from me :) Her German Shepherd cross black Labrador dog is a great sparring partner :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: A client application similar to Steam but with the difference that it is optional. Galaxy is currently in alpha testing.
By any chance is the voice in that the same as in Grim Fandango?
opticq: No it will support multiplayer gaming, achievements and such.
ziolkowskim: As long as it's DRM-free. I can't wait for achievements in old Sierra titles : "Died 41 times".
It is DRM free.

But I don't think it's possible to retroactively add achievements to old games because that requires modifying source code to trigger GOG's equivalent of Steamworks. Of course this is all assuming GOG does make a Steamworks competitor. -fingers crossed- That would be huge for DRM-free gaming.

Only real confirmed things are store, game management, and multiplayer gaming. Achievements are rumored if I'm correctly remembering
Post edited March 06, 2015 by opticq
I just got Worms 2 for free--my first free game of the sale.

The strange thing is that all of the other free-by-chance games that I've gotten from Insomnia--Trine 2, Etherlords 2--have all been sequels. I'm starting to think that Gog has an evil plot to make me buy the first game in every series.
ziolkowskim: http://www.gog.com/galaxy
A plus from me, thank you for the headsup.

Thank you for the information, worth a plus to me. :-)

Editing to try to thank you both in the same post, I'm new to this.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by zenwan
ziolkowskim: As long as it's DRM-free. I can't wait for achievements in old Sierra titles : "Died 41 times".
opticq: It is DRM free.

But I don't think it's possible to retroactively add achievements to old games because that requires modifying source code to trigger GOG's equivalent of Steamworks. Of course this is all assuming GOG does make a Steamworks competitor. -fingers crossed- That would be huge for DRM-free gaming.

Only real confirmed things are store, game management, and multiplayer gaming. Achievements are rumored if I'm correctly remembering
Trophy icon around the 47 sec mark could be an indicator.
infinityeight: I just got Worms 2 for free--my first free game of the sale.

The strange thing is that all of the other free-by-chance games that I've gotten from Insomnia--Trine 2, Etherlords 2--have all been sequels. I'm starting to think that Gog has an evil plot to make me buy the first game in every series.
Brace yourself Wasteland 2 is coming!
I wish worms 2 was for Mac I remember that game being awesome. For that matter I wish Thief was too. I'd try getting something and using WINE but not sure how hard it is to use wrappers.