It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

penumbren: Lifelong Starscream fan, myself... although I can still name all of the Dinobots from memory. lol
Starscream is an epitome of the fawning-yet-conniving evil. One of the most interesting characters of the series.

I also like the Quintessons from the animated film. Some folks have mistaken my avatar for one, but that doesn't bother me. :)

"Innocent. Feed him to the Sharkticons."
penumbren: Thank you for the review! Given that I do have times where grinding relentlessly for hours is all kinds of entertaining for me, I'll have to dig out Grimrock and replay it. Grimrock 2 is definitely one I'll keep an eye out for. (And sheesh, is it ever hard to not write "Grimlock"! Guess what my childhood was filled with? ;)
I loved the Dinobots, they were my favourite as a child! I remember telling my Uncle that I loved Transformers, and he said "I didn't realise you were into electronics." Silly "old man" :P

With that, I am off for a walk as the sun is shining and breaking through this icy wind, and I need to get moving a bit after so much time glued to the computer :)
InaneKorruption: I'm surprised Sam and Max: Hit The Road isn't disappearing faster. I've never played or owned the game myself, but everything else from LucasArts seemed to disappear so quickly so I thought this to follow suit. The only explanation would be that most GOG users already have it.
That, and the fact that this timeslot is pretty much the slowest one everyday. Sales go much slower 12 pm to 10 am GMT.
MrBanballow: That's the one!! I think I saw it pop up earlier (didn't I?), so I assume I would have to wait for the next go around.
ZaineH: Yeah, it's been around twice so you'll have to catch it in the third round. Good luck!
If the order/pattern holds, it's probably 2 days off at that. ;)
Getcomposted: Also if you liked the Eye of the Beholder games, and that is showing my age!
IAmSinistar: I would love to get the EotB titles here, along with a few other choice dungeon crawlers from the SSI catalogue. They hold up well even today. I played them on the Amiga, obsessively mapping my way on graph paper...
I saw the various SSI goldbox games in the store, but I never did play any of them. I regret that now, but they would have been wasted on me at the time - crpgs are their own special breed, and that was right around the time I was getting sucked into console RPGs thanks to FF and DQ (NES) and FF2 (SNES). I would dearly love to see them show up here someday, if the horrible rights mess could get sorted out. I know I can easily snag them for free (in a questionably legal way), but I would much rather pay for versions that have already been tweaked and updated to work on modern systems.
BillyMaysFan59: OK... nice stuff in my haul... what should I play first?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/so_whats_your_haul_from_the_double_insomnia_so_far/post57
Indy, hands down.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/so_whats_your_haul_from_the_double_insomnia_so_far/post57
Depends on your mood, but my vote goes for Freedom Planet. That's what I'm currently playing through myself.
HypersomniacLive: Indy, hands down.
Wouldn't it be harder to play it that way?

Indiana Jones by a landslide.
penumbren: Lifelong Starscream fan, myself... although I can still name all of the Dinobots from memory. lol
Savant - Starscream Forever just came up on my playlist!
IAmSinistar: <snip>
Depends on your mood, but my vote goes for Freedom Planet. That's what I'm currently playing through myself.
What's Freedom Planet. Looks a bit like a Sonic game.
IAmSinistar: <snip>
ElTerprise: What's Freedom Planet. Looks a bit like a Sonic game.
It was originally a Sonic fangame. But it really good and the fact that it is a homage to the Sonic games is nothing bad. It's was Shovel Knight was for the NES. Just for Sonic Games :)
ElTerprise: Same for me with Deus Ex. Lots of these Re-releases could easily been a patch.
The worst for Deus EX; HR DC it's console port -_- (from my reading)

The non DC is less bugged , anyway , the only points to have the DC is the integration of the Missing Link , and for the bosses battles , so it's a no in my book.....
Post edited March 06, 2015 by DyNaer
madth3: Wouldn't it be harder to play it that way?
And off to the BBBBoB pool of links you go post #12669!
ElTerprise: What's Freedom Planet. Looks a bit like a Sonic game.
The_Blog: It was originally a Sonic fangame. But it really good and the fact that it is a homage to the Sonic games is nothing bad. It's was Shovel Knight was for the NES. Just for Sonic Games :)
Pardinuz: <snip>
A sonic "clone" with fighting mechanics and some of the worst dialogue in history of gaming. Still recommend it, though. The gameplay is great.
I see. Thank you. I might try to get it in the third round.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by ElTerprise