It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While I'm thinking of it, and I figure it's been asked about before but humor me, has GOG taken steps against people scalping: snagging 10 codes at a discount and then trading them for full priced games?
Opinions on the following; if one game reaches zero before the other, will it cycle through on its half or just hang there at zero until the other one sells out?
tinyE: While I'm thinking of it, and I figure it's been asked about before but humor me, has GOG taken steps against people scalping: snagging 10 codes at a discount and then trading them for full priced games?
As far as I know they've instituted no such proviso. Same applies to any game that goes on discount. A number of folks here stock up on these bargains for giveaways as well.
Tekkaman-James: Opinions on the following; if one game reaches zero before the other, will it cycle through on its half or just hang there at zero until the other one sells out?
From the news post: "Once a game sells out, another will immediately take its place so that two are always available."
Tekkaman-James: Opinions on the following; if one game reaches zero before the other, will it cycle through on its half or just hang there at zero until the other one sells out?
I suspect it will update on its own. Thus we'll end up with two parallel sales, each moving at its own speed. Should be interesting, especially if one starts moving a lot faster than the other.
And if the reality is the former option, will Keane hang indefinitely as people take the path of least resistance, if it appears at all? =P
Post edited March 02, 2015 by expopower
Since it is a double insomnia sale, I would think that each one is independent of the other....
Head to head... :)
tinyE: While I'm thinking of it, and I figure it's been asked about before but humor me, has GOG taken steps against people scalping: snagging 10 codes at a discount and then trading them for full priced games?
Never crossed my mind that people would actually do this. Especially since GOG used to have a great community. I thought that the quantity of copies you're able to buy of a single game is limited. Truely a shame
FearfulSymmetry: [snip]
IAmSinistar: [snip]
Sounds like this will be a bit more interesting than I originally anticipated. Bring it on!
On the down side, I am currently unemployed so I should be filling out applications rather than watching the sale and prepping to spend money.

On the up side, I'm not currently operating a commercial motor vehicle like I was last time this sale came through, so I don't have the opportunity to kill a bunch of people this time!

Keane on!
Esputi: Never crossed my mind that people would actually do this. Especially since GOG used to have a great community. I thought that the quantity of copies you're able to buy of a single game is limited. Truely a shame
I seriously doubt a reg would do it.
Shit I hope I didn't give anyone any ideas! :P
On my third cup of coffee now, as is appropriate for the event. :D
IAmSinistar: You may have to sign out and do the dreaded full purge (cookies and all). Then restart the browser and sign back in. That's the best way to ensure there's no legacy cookie mucking up the works.

No guarantee this will fix it. I got the tip from a small bear in a trenchcoat.
I'll give it a try, but these tricks never seem to work for me. *sigh*

Pidgeot: I'm working on adapting my bot to the new format. Will hopefully have something up in the next hour or two, and if I'm reading the data returned correctly, it'll also include regional prices.
An Insomnia Promo wouldn't be the same without your script! Cheers!
Oh no! I already lost my last job because I had not enogh sleep during insomnia and now I am gonna lose the next ....

No, just kidding. But it really is mean to do an insomnia sale at the beginning of a work week. Can somebody explain to me how the free games work of which you are talking here?

Oh, btw my site switched to $ even though I had set it to show Euros.