It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sithocan: The latter is the remastered version of original fist title in the series.
Tales..., on the other hand is made by Telltales years later than Escape from Monkey Island. So it's MI4 I guess.
LiefLayer: which would you choose between the two?
The Secret of Monkey Island
hands down the better pick.
sithocan: The latter is the remastered version of original fist title in the series.
Tales..., on the other hand is made by Telltales years later than Escape from Monkey Island. So it's MI4 I guess.
I played neither. But my logic says it's the first game that seeded the roots of the series and the popularity. So, you guess :)
ormaybemidgets: If it comes next and you're not back in time, I'll cover you. <3
Thank you very much! I have returned in time to see Mr. Threepwood take the stage. I appreciate your vigilance, regardless of how brief its tenure may have been. ^_^
FrasierWCrane: You could always wait until Part two comes out (whenever that will be) - I think then the reviews will be more informativ, and the game will surely be on sale again in the future.
MrDrWatson: That's what I usually do, I avoid episodic games until the last episode is available, then get them all together.
Normally I like episodic games. I have not that much time (at the moment none at all because I am sitting in fromt of this monitor for three days every minute of my free time) and one episode does not take too long. Often those episodes are structured in the way that they are kind of self contained so you would not have to remember so much until the next episode wioll be released. I never had problems with the Telltale Games (even though their support is unbelievable bad). Kentucky Route Zero has very looooong timeframes between the releases and I don't care - I enjoy every single one of them. It's like good wine. The only thing with Broken Age is that some people are not sure that the second part even will be released at all and given that the first episode ends on a huge cliffhanger I can understand that this does not lead to people buying the game. I however am pretty sure that it will be completed.
LiefLayer: what's the difference beetween:
"Tales of Monkey Island"
and
"The Secret of Monkey Island"
?
They're different games. Tales of Monkey Island is the most recent installment, Secret of Monkey Island is the very first game.
Edit: Whoops I was further back than I thought. If you're still looking for advice, definitely buy Secret of Monkey Island. Tales is... meh. I haven't played it a lot. Secret is a cult classic, very funny and charming.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by oldaperture
While it would be tempting to buy Secret of Monkey Island here, I'm still waiting for an answer from my retailer as to whether he has that Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition Collection, so I will pass for now.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Grargar
How many games left in second round in fresh games?
Klumpen0815: Part 4 was "Escape from Monkey Island" this early 3D abomination.
You're right. It is 5th. I'll edit my post to avoid further humiliation :D
ErekoseDM: The Secret of Monkey Island
hands down the better pick.
thank you all for the informations
Quick question about SoMI.
Do I have to play the remake or is the original included?
Also, I heard that voice-overs can be imported into the original one.
Someone?
sithocan: I played neither. But my logic says it's the first game that seeded the roots of the series and the popularity. So, you guess :)
The first game was a milestone, but it has some of the flaws of games from that era,
many cameos and puns even outside of this series relate to Monkey Island 1 though, so it's good to play it anyway, if only for historical reasons (it's quite funny, really).
Some of the puzzles are really absurd.
truhlik: How many games left in second round in fresh games?
11 more.
huN73R: Nuh, Dark souls would be much more awkward to see and he would have stopped rolling after 3 times because no stamina. Tried starting that game several times but never understood all the acclaim it got after seeing its combat.
You obviously have never played a 40 endurance character with a ring of favour, grass crest shield and cloranthy ring equipped.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by j0ekerr
ghaleonmagicemp: That bad?
bew1977: Not about Broken Age itself. Mainly because Tim Schafer is a **** stain that has managed take a heaping dump over every fond childhood memory of his early work.
Please explain (if this hasn't already happened - I am reading as fast as I can ;)).
IAmSinistar: Fuuuuu... I bought it largely for the game Oquonie, and it's MAC ONLY. When they Hell did HB start bundling games like that? p_O
Developed for iPoop systems, it seems.