It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh look, Broken Age.

F*** you, Tim.

F*** you.
jakob187: Fourth man, behind the second man, aiming for you: he has a staff that he uses to attempting bonking you square on the melon with its cap, but as he does, he slips and instead falls directly onto the blade of the first man, piercing his own heart and wildly flailing in his death throes.
goplanet: I cast Reverse Time and bring the poor fool back, then I cast Banishment and send this game into another thread.
I'm going with this, solely because I'm at work and we just got slammed. Stupid schools closing because of a little ice.
Broken Age is on j0ekerr - have you decided?
Hmmm.. I've heard so many unflattering reviews of Broken Age, and it's relatively pricey. But I love adventure games. Anyone have a good, balanced review I could read quickly before this sells out?
the_voivod: Little Big Adventure? That's not Nox.
No offense, but do we really have to do this again?
jakob187: I'll allow it, just because hilarity. Roll me a percentage die.
j0ekerr: Damn it! 28

I'm detecting a pattern here...
bler144: Having played Gothic, I'd say on the one hand you should absolutely buy Risen and keep the sale train moving!

But more practically, it seems like their games show up on sale frequently, so I don't think you're missing much if you miss it this round. I'd also say the combat system probably isn't for everybody. Especially in the early going I believe they programmed it to be intentionally clunky, so that you'd "feel" the progression as you skill up. That may strike you as a cool design feature, or just needless frustration ;)
toxicTom: I'm probably one of the few who actually loved the controls of the first Gothic (once I got used to them). I just don't understand why they didn't add native gamepad support.
And yes, the feeling of progression was really awesome - running from molerats in the beginning and beating up orc warriors without breaking a sweat (or taking any damage) in the end.
I like the controls of the old Gothics very much, the second one improved them greatly and I wish they would have improved them further instead of giving them up for this console like stuff.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Anaxphone: Hmmm.. I've heard so many unflattering reviews of Broken Age, and it's relatively pricey. But I love adventure games. Anyone have a good, balanced review I could read quickly before this sells out?
No need to worry about it selling out, it'll be there for a long time.

Witcher combat
Post edited March 05, 2015 by huN73R
deleted
Anaxphone: Hmmm.. I've heard so many unflattering reviews of Broken Age, and it's relatively pricey. But I love adventure games. Anyone have a good, balanced review I could read quickly before this sells out?
After last night, you should have plenty of time.
mcleodone: ah and there are sausages also! (dips one into marmelade)
yummy
Maxvorstadt: Eeeek, marmalade! Better try the mustard. Or better yet, try white sausages with sweet mustard and a pretzel.
hehe just remembered a famous conversation here - think must have been in a bizarre bonanza GA or the hermit cave
as i know excatly where maxvorstadt is i wouldnt never do such a blasphemy...
But being drunk or after 4 days of sleepdeprivation cause of insomnia you will do even more weird things ;-)
the_voivod: Did anybody here have a burning desire for Shadow Man? I was trying to swap it for Daikatana but that's not going to happen, so if somebody genuinely wants to play it (as opposed to just hoarding it) then let me know. First come, I guess, since I have but a single copy.

Also, buy Nox.
I would like to play it
deleted
This forum is amazing... I have been following it for a while as I obsessively follow this Insomnia sale. Love the GOG, love the forum. I'm more of a lurker than a poster - as you can see by my number of posts - but just had to say forums like this are what make the GOG such a great place.

Can't believe the deals this sale too, got tons of stuff from my wishlist at prices lower than I've seen before on those games. Only ones left I'm still thinking about are Wasteland 2 and Legend of Grimrock 2, though I think I've missed them this round.

Anyway, thanks for the entertaining reading, my online friends! I hope those of you still waiting for deals get lucky!
MarkoH01: Broken Age is on j0ekerr - have you decided?
Yep I have.

I'll have to sell my kidneys, but I'll go for broke.

I will always love Double Fine for Psychonauts and Brütal Legend, no matter what.

Thanks for the heads up.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by j0ekerr