It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The_Blog: That's true. But that is not really exclusive to european. He was wondering why especially europeans have decent english skills.
Tekkaman-James: While on the subject, I must say that I am impressed with the vast majority of the non-English members here who are able to speak such a convincing level of "conversational" English. Very VERY few here speak like a robotic translator. Is that just learned over years of chatting like we do here on the GOG forums? Or do they teach this kind of stuff?
I attended a five year English course outside "regular" school and I lived six months abroad speaking almost nothing but English, so I better speak/write good English. ;)

I don't get much practice nowadays though, especially speaking. The rest is fairly OK (I hope...) thanks to the Internet, and I usually pick up books in English to try to keep current.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Tannath
Why is gog teasing me with INQUISITOR when clearly I want nox, not some thing that looks similar...."blegh,spits, take that gog"
madth3: Oh, I just tried it again and no more freebies for me but GOG says I can pay if I want them.
You finally got one freebie atleast, which is more then what most people can say. :)
the_voivod: If I don't crit Inquisitor there is no justice in the world.

I critted!

Edit: I'm lying.
Aaah, knew it!
There is no justice at all!
jakob187: Guys, let's kill the political talk and instead host a huge D&D game in here...because why not? I'll DM. Let's go.

You are sitting in a tavern, filled with low-life patrons grumbling among themselves. The barkeep, a bloke who looks to be in his mid-30s, is staring you down intensely.

To your right, you can see a set of stairs in a covered entrance that lead upstairs to where your room was. To the left, you see the door that leads into this fine establishment. You can see a table of well-dressed gentlemen across the room, also looking over at you every once in a while.
...what edition?
I expected Dragonfall! But again.. NO ONE EXPECTS THE INQUISITION!
yyahoo: Baldur's Gate is not in this sale.
Tarnicus: That wasn't my question :P

I'm still catching up with the thread, and will see if anyone wanted it. If not, the first person(who has contributed to discussion) who wants to add BG1 to their collection gets it if no-one has already put their hand up :)
I'm confused. Someone asked what was up next for the Seasoned and you guessed Baldur's Gate. I merely explained that it cannot be Baldur's Gate.
Tarnicus: I guess Baldur's Gate 1...who is keen to add that to their collection?
huN73R: I can't find it in the bot list though, it only repeats now right?
You were the first to show interest. It is a code I have from a previous sale :) Do you want it?
Thanks to everyone who chimed in on my "conversational English" tangent. Your comments are very much appreciated and surprisingly enlightening. Thanks to you all for making the effort to learn our silly language when most of us, myself included, will never return the favor. You're all awesome!

I'm still catching up with the thread, and will see if anyone wanted it. If not, the first person(who has contributed to discussion) who wants to add BG1 to their collection gets it if no-one has already put their hand up :)
Any chance you have it?? My BF loves that game, I want to give it to him
jakob187: I'm back after some good sleep, and the Fresh pile has only moved through about six or seven games...and none of them were LoG 2?

LET'S DO THIS!

Also, morning to you all!
Welcome back. Did you end up getting your Hexing Pants last night?

Sure :D
huN73R: I can't find it in the bot list though, it only repeats now right?
Tarnicus: You were the first to show interest. It is a code I have from a previous sale :) Do you want it?
Oh, now I understand...
jakob187: Guys, let's kill the political talk and instead host a huge D&D game in here...because why not? I'll DM. Let's go.

You are sitting in a tavern, filled with low-life patrons grumbling among themselves. The barkeep, a bloke who looks to be in his mid-30s, is staring you down intensely.

To your right, you can see a set of stairs in a covered entrance that lead upstairs to where your room was. To the left, you see the door that leads into this fine establishment. You can see a table of well-dressed gentlemen across the room, also looking over at you every once in a while.
huN73R: What character am I?
I want to attack those well dressed gentlemen.
You have to tell me what character you are. You pick your class, but we're going base classes here. For the sake of it all, we'll say this is 5e (which I've really been enjoying so far).

Use this to roll your dice, and don't lie. That doesn't make it any fun. = D https://www.wizards.com/d20modern/d20mdice/dice.htm
Tarnicus: You were the first to show interest. It is a code I have from a previous sale :) Do you want it?
It's in my library. Haven't gotten to it yet. Thank you for making the offer. I thought I might've offline when it was on insomnia deals when you said that, also had some hope for fresh ones.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by huN73R