It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sjons: What is this crit people talk about? All I can is buy gifts... :-/
Crit for critical like in RPGs. When you press the buy button for the games on sales in the promo you have a chance of getting it for free, GOG says you got a critical hit when that happens. If you don't get a critical, you do not have to buy the game.
gkonopka: I haven't seen a free game (crti) yet. Do you get them after clicking the "Buy" button or after you go to the "Pay now" screen?
You get them after you click the "buy" button. But you only have one chance per game and round. Clicking several times on the same game won't give you a higher chance to win.
the_voivod: Good morning! Any games been Noxxing today?
Good morning, Nox Ambassador.
Good morning folks! The DAY THREE list is now updated, as is the Games Remaining list. I am catching up on the thread itself. In a half hour we'll be kicking off DAY FOUR with your guest host Grargar, that amazing cat who has all the facts and who has kept this thread so timely already. Big thanks to him for taking the helm today!
Tarnicus: Loaded dice! Did anyone ever learn the technique to cheat roll with various polyhedron dice in pen and paper RPGs? Very sneaky and a great technique to learn :D
Green_Hilltop: No, which one? Sounds fun but I prefer to play honestly, but I'm interested how can you do it. :)
I was almost always the dungeon/game master and never used it in a game. Cheating in games is pointless to me :) It involves spinning the die in a certain way. I'll see if there are any videos of the technique. I've never searched before as the Internet didn't exist when I used to play :)

You know how you can spin a coin so it ends up looking like a sphere? Well it is similar to that. So for a 20-sided die, you would get one of the 5 numbers showing on top. This means that you can narrow the odds significantly. With enough practise, it is possible to learn to almost get the exact number but it is harder on D20s. The same technique can be used for all of them, even a D4!

The only game I remember cheating in was the card game 500, and that was when my father taught me how to cheat shuffle. The only person I cheated against was my mother as it annoyed her to be beaten by a child :P
sjons: What is this crit people talk about? All I can is buy gifts... :-/
varjonet: When you hit "buy now" button there's a (small) chance you get the game for free and the message says "Critical hit".
It's tied to your account so you only get one chance per game, no need to click "buy now" repeatedly :)
Ahah! I did see a message of some sorts yesterday when I bought Pier Solar (which does show up on my shelf but is not marked as owned on the gamecard), but the last few deals have been ones that I already own, so no crit on those I suppose....

Ty!
deleted
Damn, I just realised that I can`t download my freebie Pier Solar, because the last few megabytes won`t downlaod!!
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Maxvorstadt
the_voivod: Nox to see you!

Nox... Nice. Okay, it's a stretch.
You're really starting to chang that word.
sjons: Ahah! I did see a message of some sorts yesterday when I bought Pier Solar (which does show up on my shelf but is not marked as owned on the gamecard), but the last few deals have been ones that I already own, so no crit on those I suppose....

Ty!
No that is actually a bug where it says "Swing and a miss" and many folks got that including me, Critical hit message doesn't have anything to do with that. Its all random chance where some folks get lucky more often then others.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by stg83
deleted
Post edited March 05, 2015 by the_voivod
Splatsch: Time for me to leave ! (lunch and things to do time!) See you later all :)
stg83: Have a nice day Splatsch and feel free to pop in again whenever you get the chance for more insomnia madness. :)
Thank you, same for all of you :)
Like someone very well known say : "I'll be back" (I think. And I still have one game to hunt ;))
The_Blog: This is getting absolutly out of hand. Now my 7th (or was it the 6th) freebie.
Cognition: Game of the Year Edition. Why all these freebies? It is crazy. :O
Btw. what is the main difference between the goty and the non goty version? It says I already own it but I remember buying it when there was no goty version.
Torches and pitchforks people. Let's burn this heathen!
The_Blog: This is getting absolutly out of hand. Now my 7th (or was it the 6th) freebie.
Btw. what is the main difference between the goty and the non goty version? It says I already own it but I remember buying it when there was no goty version.
Grargar: Lucky 7th. ;)
skeletonbow: Congrats! GOG needs a new PRNG it would seem hehe.
Thx. :)

the_voivod: Good morning! Any games been Noxxing today?
Nope all games are more or less keaning. Atleast a few hours ago.
Looks like Noxxing is the new opposite to keaning. ^^
Post edited March 05, 2015 by The_Blog
IAmSinistar: Good morning folks! The DAY THREE list is now updated, as is the Games Remaining list. I am catching up on the thread itself. In a half hour we'll be kicking off DAY FOUR with your guest host Grargar, that amazing cat who has all the facts and who has kept this thread so timely already. Big thanks to him for taking the helm today!
Wohoo thanks Sin! :)