It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarnicus: Thanks for the swift replies :) Even though this is a tracking thread, I haven't really been tracking anything other than conversation. I picked up Xenonauts as well!
No prob' :)
Yes I know, you bought it after I talked about it ;) (here)
I really hope you'll love it as much as I do :D
And this thread is growing so fast, keeping track of the games AND simply talking in it must be very hard XD
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Splatsch
LordCinnamon: I actually really liked Assassin's Creed. I got it here (for the first time) when it released here, and as soon as you get rid of any completionist tendencies (this is crucial, it's awful otherwise), it's a very enjoyable, pretty game.
LiefLayer: I too loved it. in particular being able to move so smoothly and the atmosphere (Jerusalem is really the perfect location), shame only for the final.
All this talk of Assassins Creed is compelling me to bring up this video about the awesome game mechanics again. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzVWrOmFWpU
Post edited March 05, 2015 by stg83
TrevorWilliams: Was getting into the shower when I noticed a game had counted down to one. So I stood in the shower, head and one hand with phone out of the curtain, washing with one hand, and I swear it took ten minutes for that last copy to sell and the next game pop up. #addicted
LOL, that's mega funny. I'm about to hop in the shower also but still trying to pry myself from the computer. No mobile devices here to bring with me though. :)
opticq: Anyone here play Doorkickers? How is it? Is there a campaign?
Yes, there are campaigns and single missions. The game is really awsome and I highly recommend it:)
xep624: Speaking of movies - I think that it was a very good idea to put them in GoG.com catalog - especially movies related to games. However I would be very happy to see some good indie or Hollywood movies here, but that just my dreaming as I am aware that AAA studios don't want to drop DRM, which sucks ....
skeletonbow: Actually, according to GOG execs there are some Hollywood movie/TV show content that are willing to embrace DRM-free but they do not have worldwide distribution rights so GOG could only secure the rights to distribute the content in certain regions and not in others and that would vary from one title to the next. GOG is willing to entertain doing that they said but wanted to know if the customer base would be ok with that and asked for feedback in the particular forum at the time (months back). I never read the forum to see what people's feedback was there but there is an overall sentiment on GOG forums that appears strongly opposed to anything coming here unless it is under all-or-nothing "everything we want or go away" terms, so whether such content comes here or not depends on customers speaking up on either side of the coin about it. Otherwise a possibly small vocal minority may seal the deal and we'll only ever see documentaries and video game geek B movies etc. here. ;)
Thanks for that info. I would be happy to see more geek B movies here, however at smaller price point please. I know I am spoiled by Quickflix and I believe that Netflix has spoiled USA customers even more :)
xep624: Speaking of movies - I think that it was a very good idea to put them in GoG.com catalog - especially movies related to games. However I would be very happy to see some good indie or Hollywood movies here, but that just my dreaming as I am aware that AAA studios don't want to drop DRM, which sucks ....
skeletonbow: Actually, according to GOG execs there are some Hollywood movie/TV show content that are willing to embrace DRM-free but they do not have worldwide distribution rights so GOG could only secure the rights to distribute the content in certain regions and not in others and that would vary from one title to the next. GOG is willing to entertain doing that they said but wanted to know if the customer base would be ok with that and asked for feedback in the particular forum at the time (months back). I never read the forum to see what people's feedback was there but there is an overall sentiment on GOG forums that appears strongly opposed to anything coming here unless it is under all-or-nothing "everything we want or go away" terms, so whether such content comes here or not depends on customers speaking up on either side of the coin about it. Otherwise a possibly small vocal minority may seal the deal and we'll only ever see documentaries and video game geek B movies etc. here. ;)
That was before regional locks appeared around here (in games). Who knows, the way may be paved after all...

EDIT: And this may mean more opportunities for games as well. Some games may not be on GOG right now because they can't get distributing rights for the whole world...
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Tannath
stg83: It actually did get quite intense when me and my sister used to play with some family friends as kids. It was high stakes with no money involved, just pride. ;)
Tarnicus: And you can't put a price on pride! lol
The participants of every tabloid talk show ever would disagree.
I just looked at the artwork for the song I am listening to on a YouTube playlist, and it is gorgeous! I wish I had artistic skills like that. I'm more on the stick figure level :

Splatsch: No prob' :)
Yes I know, you bought it after I talked about it ;) (here)
I really hope you'll love it as much as I do :D
I'm sure I will! Given I quoted multiple people, it was more of a general comment to those who weren't aware :) I did help the Xenonauts queue along a bit with a spare copy...no idea where that one will go though. I will wait til after the sale to see what to do with it :)

Tannath: That was before regional locks appeared around here (in games). Who knows, the way may be paved after all...
Regional locking is the worst. Lost means to acquire Fallout 3 due to regional locking.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by huN73R
Oh 10 000 comment!
opticq: Anyone here play Doorkickers? How is it? Is there a campaign?
karac: Yes, there are campaigns and single missions. The game is really awsome and I highly recommend it:)
Argh. Don't put the knife again in the wound ! Damn GOGBear. Without him, I would have it.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Splatsch
10000th post?

Edit: nooo
Post edited March 05, 2015 by opticq
Darn post 9,999 so I cant get the magical 10,000!
karac: Yes, there are campaigns and single missions. The game is really awsome and I highly recommend it:)
Splatsch: Argh. Don't pull the knife again in the wound ! Damn GOGBear. Without him, I would have it.
Same hear, that bear made me miss Dragonfall and Doorliclers, I hate him.
Oh I was too slow - go 10 001 comment... crikey!