It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hey all! We've managed to secure the last discounts for the titles! You can grab them both at -80% now :)
Post edited August 27, 2024 by king_kunat
*thumbs up*

Picked them up just then. :) It sucks they're being delisted at all but it's nice to have them before they're gone anyway.
Thanks for the warning. Looks like I already picked them up.
Just bagged the sequel with the discount.

Here is hoping that FEAR2 and FEAR3 get added in case of delisting and the same goes for the Batman games.
king_kunat: Hey all! We've managed to secure the last discounts for the titles! You can grab them both at -80% now :)
Thank you, GOG! What a nice surprise. I really did not expect that move. Cheers!
Post edited August 28, 2024 by g2222
tacitus59: Original Obscure was on GOG - I somehow own it. Do not have the sequel. I bought it when I was chain-buying almost any older game that both came up on gog and came up on sale (2009)
MysterD: Why did Obscure 1 leave GOG?
And how come Obscure 2: The Aftermath never come to GOG?

For some reason, both of those Obscure games (Obscure 1 and 2) are still sold on the other store that has elbow-pipes.
I love the Obscure duology, local co-op survival horror. Really wish both were here I'd buy them in an instant.
high rated
****Incoming****

For anyone who misses the sale or can't afford the games atm, note that I will be holding a small giveaway around mid-september. Around that time I will also post again here to let everyone know when it's about to begin.
king_kunat: Hey all! We've managed to secure the last discounts for the titles! You can grab them both at -80% now :)
Thanks very much, great job! :-D
GamezRanker: ****Incoming****

For anyone who misses the sale or can't afford the games atm, note that I will be holding a small giveaway around mid-september. Around that time I will also post again here to let everyone know when it's about to begin.
Thumbs up. I own both now but "The Suffering" is a good game. I bought it likely over a year or years ago when I saw it here.
Sarang: Thumbs up. I own both now but "The Suffering" is a good game. I bought it likely over a year or years ago when I saw it here.
I'd even go so far as to say the second game is somewhat decent in some ways(one being that it continues the story and expands upon the lore). That said, i'm stocking a copy or two away as i'm sure some will miss the final sale.
Will The Suffering get the remake treatment?

Also thanks @GOG for securing a discount and @GamezRanker for the planned giveaway!
Post edited August 28, 2024 by .Keys
.Keys: Will The Suffering get the remake treatment?
As long as they don't censor out anything and include the original with the remake, that'd be awesome.
(edit: also would be nice if they kept it under 20 bucks)

.Keys: Also thanks @GOG for securing a discount and @GamezRanker for the planned giveaway!
If only I hadn't pulled the trigger a bit early and bought a copy before the sale. Ah well, live and learn.
For clarification: I will be holding a birthday giveaway like I do most years, and of course the suffering will feature as the "special guest star"....a very apropos time given it's almost Halloween around then :)
Post edited August 28, 2024 by GamezRanker
.Keys: Will The Suffering get the remake treatment?
GamezRanker: As long as they don't censor out anything and include the original with the remake, that'd be awesome.
(edit: also would be nice if they kept it under 20 bucks)

.Keys: Also thanks @GOG for securing a discount and @GamezRanker for the planned giveaway!
GamezRanker: If only I hadn't pulled the trigger a bit early and bought a copy before the sale. Ah well, live and learn.
For clarification: I will be holding a birthday giveaway like I do most years, and of course the suffering will feature as the "special guest star"....a very apropos time given it's almost Halloween around then :)
I suspect that it is getting pulled more because of what is going on with WB Games right now and the massive hit WB took after the fail of the Suicide Squad game. There was talk of them even selling WB Games or they have already sold them.
As far as the Suicide Squad game goes everyone loves Batman and people don't want to play a Single Player story game as a grindfest that has to be online. It was a bad idea all around.
GamezRanker: If only I hadn't pulled the trigger a bit early and bought a copy before the sale. Ah well, live and learn.
Can't hurt to try to get a refund while you can still rebuy, or the difference returned as wallet funds at least. Maybe even more so if you'll specify that you're buying for a giveaway.
"The Suffering" games are definitely good enough that they earn a full price purchase, at least in my book. Even the sequel is good. I bought both games in boxes for full price at Gamestop when each of them was released, and bought them again here when they became available, so I've likely got about $100 total invested in the series, and never regretted those purchases.

One very cool feature I remember was that you can play the entire game in first person if you want, which I did. IIRC, it defaults to third person and was designed primarily as third person, but I always have preferred first person in games like these, so I was excited to find I could switch from third to first back and forth at will. Not many games had that feature, or if they did, it wasn't promoted much. "Outwars" was another great game designed for third person, but had a perfectly-functioning first person option as well.

Also, kudos to you for doing that giveaway!
Sarang: As far as the Suicide Squad game goes everyone loves Batman and people don't want to play a Single Player story game as a grindfest that has to be online. It was a bad idea all around.
I think people also didn't like to see some of their favorite caped heroes dying in lame ways like total bitches.

-

Cavalary: Can't hurt to try to get a refund while you can still rebuy, or the difference returned as wallet funds at least. Maybe even more so if you'll specify that you're buying for a giveaway.
It's all good, this way I can save the time/hassle of going through the refund process and also what Giles said :)

-

GilesHabibula: "The Suffering" games are definitely good enough that they earn a full price purchase, at least in my book.
I was mainly miffed because the sale came a few days later and I was* on a budget, but yeah the games are good even at full price.
(* got a bit more funding now so I can afford a few more keys, even after the initial buy)

GilesHabibula: Even the sequel is good. I bought both games in boxes for full price at Gamestop when each of them was released, and bought them again here when they became available, so I've likely got about $100 total invested in the series, and never regretted those purchases.
Ah, the time when stores like gamestop sold used pc games and didn't flood it's stores with bobble heads. I miss it so.

GilesHabibula: One very cool feature I remember was that you can play the entire game in first person if you want, which I did. IIRC, it defaults to third person and was designed primarily as third person, but I always have preferred first person in games like these, so I was excited to find I could switch from third to first back and forth at will. Not many games had that feature, or if they did, it wasn't promoted much.

Also, kudos to you for doing that giveaway!
Yeah, I played the game entirely in first person, as one thing I liked doing was being able to look around at the environments(especially outdoors).

p.s. no problem....hope to see you at the party when in comes :)
Post edited August 29, 2024 by GamezRanker