It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

#YourImage Summer Spotlight Sale at comiXology, ends 15/7.

Huge sale on Image comics by Robert Kirkman, Rick Remender, Ed Brubaker, Brian K. Vaughan and Jonathan Hickman. My wallet let out a sob and crawled out of sight...

Can anyone recommend any particular standout titles or series? I tend to avoid long-running series (such as The Walking Dead) as they're too big of a time and money investment.
Deuter0s: #YourImage Summer Spotlight Sale at comiXology, ends 15/7.

Huge sale on Image comics by Robert Kirkman, Rick Remender, Ed Brubaker, Brian K. Vaughan and Jonathan Hickman. My wallet let out a sob and crawled out of sight...

Can anyone recommend any particular standout titles or series? I tend to avoid long-running series (such as The Walking Dead) as they're too big of a time and money investment.
I can heartily recommend East VS West and Saga! Even though I'm honestly only a tiny bit into both they are very popular and well written. Honestly I almost passed this sale by without looking into it - surprised (considering it popularity) that Saga wasn't on the front page for it

Tokyo Ghost is also a fantastic read and surprising in this one as its pretty new and yet its got al the way up to issue 7 on sale

Honestly one of the best sales some VERY good comics!
Post edited July 12, 2016 by overread
Deuter0s: Can anyone recommend any particular standout titles or series? I tend to avoid long-running series (such as The Walking Dead) as they're too big of a time and money investment.
All these writers are awesome writers, so I bet you can't go wrong with most of these series. Like almost everybody, I love Saga. Velvet is great but still unfinished (I think I've read it's going to be 15 issues?). Well, if you enjoy noir, Ed Brubaker is a sure bet, but I would pick up The Fade Out (a complete series of 12 issues) on another sale, as the single issues are not on sale and they have extra content not included in the collected editions.

The Manhattan Projects is another great (and finished) series, but I thought it didn't adapt all that well to digital; at least I thought it was rather uncomfortable to read on my iPad (I bet the experience is better on a bigger screen).

If I were to buy something (I can't), it would be the Strange Girl omnibus by Rick Remender. It contains the whole series (18 issues, more than 500 pages) for less than 10 euros.
Post edited July 13, 2016 by Andanzas
Deuter0s: #YourImage Summer Spotlight Sale at comiXology, ends 15/7.

I love everything by Ed Brubaker: I would especially recommend Criminal, as every story is self-contained, even though they have recurring characters / cameos.

Fatale is just as good and completed.

Scene of the Crime by Brubaker is also self-contained, although not as good as Criminal or his other more recent comics in my opinion.

I would definitely NOT recommend Saga to anyone who does not want to commit to a long-running series. I found this quote from the writer Brian K Vaughan regarding its length in an interview:

"Do you know for how many issues total will “Saga” run?

No. I keep saying that my goal is to do one issue longer than “The Walking Dead.” So it’s whenever Robert Kirkman hangs up the hat.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/brian-k-vaughan-talks-saga-and-we-stand-on-guard#KdzcbYH5y5cba31u.99"

So who knows how expensive it's going to get to buy into Saga.

The same goes for Paper Girls, although I read that it's going to be "much shorter" than Saga. His third series, We Stand on Guard, is a completed miniseries of 5 issues.

As for everything by Hickman: Very convoluted and long running. His stuff is very acid-trip-like crazy (Manhattan Projects) or just very hard to follow (East of West) and therefore is better to be read in one sitting, which is kind of hard since it is still ongoing. I read both but gave up on them at some point because I didn't like Manhattan Projects and East of West just wasn't worth the time and money and it's impossible to read in monthly installments (or as trades) because the story is too hard to follow for that.

East of West will probably run around 60 issues, maybe more according to Hickman (reddit AMA), so that would also be a rather big investment.

Remender I do not like, I do not like his weird nerdy story premises, do not like the stories he tells, but he certainly has his fans.

One other thing: You can also buy at imagecomics.com directly, which means that presumably the creators as well as the publisher get a bigger share of the money (no cut for Comixology/Amazon).

Andanzas: Well, if you enjoy noir, Ed Brubaker is a sure bet, but I would pick up The Fade Out (a complete series of 12 issues) on another sale, as the single issues are not on sale and they have extra content not included in the collected editions.
Actually, the single issues are on sale on imagecomics.com. And I agree, big recommendation on that series.
Post edited July 13, 2016 by emge27
Four new marvel freebies on the free section, and several new freebies spread in the new releases.
Humble has a huge Grant Morrison sale

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/grant-morrison-comics

I have no idea who this guy is nor the comics - any good?
morrison himself is a pretty good writer who tends to have out of the box and off the wall story lines
but his best and most well known works were for marvel and dc
with his take on doom patrol
animal man
batman
and new x-men

no idea about this series and after the last few bundles its a bit anemic
snowkatt: morrison himself is a pretty good writer who tends to have out of the box and off the wall story lines
I particularly liked his take on JLA too.

Gothic (LOTDK #6-10) is one of my favourite Batman stories.
snowkatt: morrison himself is a pretty good writer who tends to have out of the box and off the wall story lines
madth3: I particularly liked his take on JLA too.

Gothic (LOTDK #6-10) is one of my favourite Batman stories.
i forgot his run on jla actually

not really a dc fan
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm taking notes!

I already had Brubaker's Criminal and The Fade Out (the twelve issues that apparently have more content than the collected editions. I find this lack of coherence one of comics' more aggravating idiosyncracies).

This one will be a costly sale for me, on the level of the one when I bought the entire The Sandman series and many of its spin-offs.
It's been quite some time now since the last comics bundles from Groupees or Storybundle. Hopefully there'll be something nice during the upcoming Comic-Con ...
Geddes17: It's been quite some time now since the last comics bundles from Groupees or Storybundle. Hopefully there'll be something nice during the upcoming Comic-Con ...
last groupees bundle was ...dynamite comics ...again

nr 4 i think
Geddes17: It's been quite some time now since the last comics bundles from Groupees or Storybundle. Hopefully there'll be something nice during the upcoming Comic-Con ...
snowkatt: last groupees bundle was ...dynamite comics ...again

nr 4 i think
And the "Bundle of Independents", I think they ended at the same time (although the Dynamite bundle started earlier). Okay, that was only two months ago so it's not really atypical if I look at the dates of the Groupees comics bundles I bought (mostly there have been between six weeks and three months from one to another), but Storybundle is definitely overdue (the last one started in December) ...
Big sale on all (I think) Dark Horse single issues on both Comixology and Darkhorse.com.

Trades are not discounted, only single issues

Time for me to load up on the last few issues of Usagi, Fight Club 2 and maybe a few others.
"Make Mine Indie Comic Bundle" at Groupees: https://groupees.com/makemineindie

So how does this preorder-thing work? I pay $1 and get all the comics (that are not known yet) when the bundle goes live? Or just a part of them?