It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: Odd question.Is Skullgirls actually drm free? (if i remember it was supposed to be back on the original crowdsourcing effort).
No, they didn't say anything about that in the original campaign (at least from what I remember and taking a quick look back). It's DRM Free now (at least from the latest Humble Bundle that's out now), but they didn't mention having a DRM-Free build during the campaign. Having a DRM-Free build now makes more sense since much of their campaign work (updates, characters, soundtrack, etc.) is mostly finished.

Regarding this Indivisible project, I have very little hope that they'll even make their goal. I don't remember any video game campaigns on Indiegogo every reaching that amount, and their previous project didn't get to $1 million. Unless they have more than word of mouth to get people's attention, I don't see this project getting funded. Either way, best of luck to them.

Edit: I should've said video game projects on Indiegogo, since looking at highest pledged projects there were projects on there that made over $1 million.
Post edited October 08, 2015 by RayRay13000
Niggles: Odd question.Is Skullgirls actually drm free? (if i remember it was supposed to be back on the original crowdsourcing effort).
RayRay13000: No, they didn't say anything about that in the original campaign (at least from what I remember and taking a quick look back). It's DRM Free now (at least from the latest Humble Bundle that's out now), but they didn't mention having a DRM-Free build during the campaign. Having a DRM-Free build now makes more sense since much of their campaign work (updates, characters, soundtrack, etc.) is mostly finished.

Regarding this Indivisible project, I have very little hope that they'll even make their goal. I don't remember any video game campaigns on Indiegogo every reaching that amount, and their previous project didn't get to $1 million. Unless they have more than word of mouth to get people's attention, I don't see this project getting funded. Either way, best of luck to them.

Edit: I should've said video game projects on Indiegogo, since looking at highest pledged projects there were projects on there that made over $1 million.
Apparently Indiegogo specifically requested they run the campaign there because it was the site's best chance at breaking $1 million. I'm increasingly pessimistic about their chances, too, which disappoints me both because I was looking forward to this game and because they did everything we say crowdfunding campaigns should do - playable demo, honest budget and release date, transparency about publishing deals - and aren't being rewarded for it.
<span class="bold">Haque</span>

Old-school roguelike RPG with very retro looks, some interesting game mechanics, and a couple of intriguing plot elements: Tolkienian fantasy, old 8-bit computers, and giant eagle werewolves, among others.

From the author of the successfully Kickstarted and already delivered action-puzzle-platformer Project Maiden (which you can donwload and play on Windows/Mac/Linux free of charge on itch.io). The guy who did the soundtrack for that game is recurring here, so the musical aspect is guaranteed to be awesome as well in Haque (you can also check Project Maiden's soundtrack on Bandcamp).

PS: I might be a little biased as I've backed both projects and I am credited in the first game, but the recommendation is truly sincere. The dev is really nice, and his first game is very good (especially considering he practically learned how to code as he went along :P).
Post edited October 09, 2015 by muntdefems
RayRay13000: No, they didn't say anything about that in the original campaign (at least from what I remember and taking a quick look back). It's DRM Free now (at least from the latest Humble Bundle that's out now), but they didn't mention having a DRM-Free build during the campaign. Having a DRM-Free build now makes more sense since much of their campaign work (updates, characters, soundtrack, etc.) is mostly finished.

peacef5rog: Apparently Indiegogo specifically requested they run the campaign there because it was the site's best chance at breaking $1 million. I'm increasingly pessimistic about their chances, too, which disappoints me both because I was looking forward to this game and because they did everything we say crowdfunding campaigns should do - playable demo, honest budget and release date, transparency about publishing deals - and aren't being rewarded for it.
That's because Indiegogo reputation is not so good.

I think the crowdfunding donors is getting mature and gravitate towards better crowdfunding practices, thus kickstarter has long since overtaken indiegogo despite indiegogo start eariler and "WAS" larger

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/30/kickstarter-owns-indiegogo-with-around-6x-more-total-dollars-raised-average-success-rate-much-higher/

I initially wanted to support Indiegogo because monopoly is a bad thing, but Indiegogo is just not really worth my effort. see the following link

http://pando.com/2014/04/03/after-pando-shows-clear-evidence-of-fraud-on-indiegogo-company-responds-by-deleting-anti-fraud-guarantee/
peacef5rog: Apparently Indiegogo specifically requested they run the campaign there because it was the site's best chance at breaking $1 million. I'm increasingly pessimistic about their chances, too, which disappoints me both because I was looking forward to this game and because they did everything we say crowdfunding campaigns should do - playable demo, honest budget and release date, transparency about publishing deals - and aren't being rewarded for it.
Gnostic: That's because Indiegogo reputation is not so good.

I think the crowdfunding donors is getting mature and gravitate towards better crowdfunding practices, thus kickstarter has long since overtaken indiegogo despite indiegogo start eariler and "WAS" larger

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/30/kickstarter-owns-indiegogo-with-around-6x-more-total-dollars-raised-average-success-rate-much-higher/

I initially wanted to support Indiegogo because monopoly is a bad thing, but Indiegogo is just not really worth my effort. see the following link

http://pando.com/2014/04/03/after-pando-shows-clear-evidence-of-fraud-on-indiegogo-company-responds-by-deleting-anti-fraud-guarantee/
On the other hand, Indiegogo takes a smaller cut from projects (8% vs 12%, I believe?). Your point about their reputation is true, though; they've always seemed a little seedier than Kickstarter. I guess my assumption is that no crowdfunding platform is going to do much to protect me in the event a project goes bad, so I'm better off trusting Lab Zero on Indiegogo than, say, Molyneux on Kickstarter.

peacef5rog: On the other hand, Indiegogo takes a smaller cut from projects (8% vs 12%, I believe?). Your point about their reputation is true, though; they've always seemed a little seedier than Kickstarter. I guess my assumption is that no crowdfunding platform is going to do much to protect me in the event a project goes bad, so I'm better off trusting Lab Zero on Indiegogo than, say, Molyneux on Kickstarter.
It also used to be the case that Kickstarter did a better job than Indiegogo at curating what was being accepted as a campaign. Browsing IGG's gaming section has always been a cringeworthy experience: full of kids asking money for a PS4/XBONE/mega-ultra-gaming-PC, or videogames so shitty-looking that made Digital Homicide's ones seem like innovative masterpieces in comparison.

I reckon things may have changed a little, but for worse. IGG is full of the same old shit, and now KS seems to have opened the floodgates and anything goes.

peacef5rog: On the other hand, Indiegogo takes a smaller cut from projects (8% vs 12%, I believe?). Your point about their reputation is true, though; they've always seemed a little seedier than Kickstarter. I guess my assumption is that no crowdfunding platform is going to do much to protect me in the event a project goes bad, so I'm better off trusting Lab Zero on Indiegogo than, say, Molyneux on Kickstarter.
I thought kickstarter is getting a flat rate of 5%?
The rest is the credit card processing fees which is similar to indiegogo.

Indiegogo previously take a higher cut for flexible finding 9% lower for fix funding with 4%.
But now it follow kickstarter

It is not so much of crowd funding platform protect the customers should the project go bad.

It is the attitude and underhand tactics, that when there is proof that a ONGOING project seems like a scam, indiegogo refuse to take action and erase its own anti fraud statement. Giving the impression that they do not care if it is a fraud, as long as it gives them money.
Post edited October 10, 2015 by Gnostic
Wanderer: a cinematic platformer with RPG & adventure elements.

If you're interested, don't forget to vote for the Greenlight.
rgnrk: <span class="bold">Memoranda</span>

Memoranda tells the tale of a young woman who can’t remember things very clearly, especially her own name. In order to restore her memories, players must guide her through a surreal adventure that leads even into her own dreams.

Classic 2D Point & Click adventure game, with IMO, a great aesthetic.

(No info yet on DRM-Free status. I'll have to ask)
They confirmed a few days ago that it will also be drm-free. It's on top of the campaign info.
Post edited October 13, 2015 by rgnrk
Guide a group of survivors to safety, uncovering the mystery of the alien structure they’ve been stranded in along the way:
The Nullpoint
This one looks like a fun P&C adventure

Magic Lost

Drm-free
windows mac and linux
demo
Oh, man. This one's a biggie:

<span class="bold">Friday the 13th: The Game</span> - A 1v7 multiplayer horror game where Jason terrorizes the counselors of Camp Crystal Lake once more.

This started out as a different game, "Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp" which took more than a bit of inspiration from Friday the 13th. By a wonderful twist of fate, the devs were able to meet the franchise's creator, Sean S. Cunningham and he granted them the license to make their game an official Friday the 13th game. Makeup maestro, Tom Savini, will be designing the various deaths and creating a new look for Jason. Kane Hodder, long-time Jason actor, will be doing mo-cap for Jason. And, to top it all off, the game's score will be done by the composer for the original film, Harry Manfredini. Needless to say, the pedigree is strong with this one.

The game will be available on PC, Xbox One and PS4. I currently have a message out to the devs to find out if the game will be available DRM-Free. I will update this post once I get a response.
samlii: This one looks like a fun P&C adventure

Magic Lost

Drm-free
windows mac and linux
demo
I'm obviously a backer.
Didn't post about it because I don't think they have any chance to make it. P&C aren't near what they're asking for for a while now without any name involved. And even so.
Tekkaman-James: Oh, man. This one's a biggie:

<span class="bold">Friday the 13th: The Game</span> - A 1v7 multiplayer horror game where Jason terrorizes the counselors of Camp Crystal Lake once more.

This started out as a different game, "Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp" which took more than a bit of inspiration from Friday the 13th. By a wonderful twist of fate, the devs were able to meet the franchise's creator, Sean S. Cunningham and he granted them the license to make their game an official Friday the 13th game. Makeup maestro, Tom Savini, will be designing the various deaths and creating a new look for Jason. Kane Hodder, long-time Jason actor, will be doing mo-cap for Jason. And, to top it all off, the game's score will be done by the composer for the original film, Harry Manfredini. Needless to say, the pedigree is strong with this one.

The game will be available on PC, Xbox One and PS4. I currently have a message out to the devs to find out if the game will be available DRM-Free. I will update this post once I get a response.
They are getting a lot of money. Unfortunately, they are first and foremost an asynchonous multiplayer game, with a veiled mention to single player as an afterthought. So I really doubt it'll be drm-free.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by rgnrk
FORCED: Eternal Arenas

A single player 3D action brawler with deck building

I don't usually back steam only project, but their damming picture story did me in. It seems they are earnest and worthy.
peacef5rog: is a Metroidvania/JRPG (really!) from Lab Zero, the creators of Skullgirls. They've actually done the right thing and made [url=http://www.labzerogames.com/indivisible-prototype_win.zip]a prototype demo available for free, which shows off the battle and exploration mechanics and some of the (gorgeous) character and enemy art.
Their expected release date is January 2018, but backers will receive a regularly updated, spoiler-free beta version in the meantime. They're looking to raise $1.5 million on Indiegogo (fixed funding; you'll get your money back if they don't meet the goal), which will be backed up by another $2 million from their publisher should they succeed; if not, the project's cancelled.
Give the demo a try (Note that you'll have to install DirectX 9 if you're on Windows 8 or 10; Mac and Linux versions are due soon); it's pretty impressive and I'm definitely excited about the potential for this thing. Lab Zero massively over-delivered on their Skullgirls crowdfunding promises despite a bunch of outside interference, so they've earned my trust.
I've just played the Indivisible demo and it was excellent! I hope GOG can get it! Here is the wishlist!