It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It looks like there is skin drops for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty on Twitch Prime now.

Monthly subscription places I consider Digital Rights Management (DRM).
high rated
Uhhuh... https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post1249

Never think CDP won't outdo themselves in smashing what little's left of GOG's pillars.
Cavalary: Uhhuh... https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post1249

Never think CDP won't outdo themselves in smashing what little's left of GOG's pillars.
Cohhcarnage and every single twitch streamer who accepts this should be ashamed.
Johnathanamz: Cohhcarnage and every single twitch streamer who accepts this should be ashamed.
That's quite a lot then:
https://cdn-s-cyberpunk.cdprojektred.com/cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty-support-a-streamer-full-list.pdf
It makes you feel as if it's a micro-transaction. I appreciate the free drops, but why do I have to pay an additional $9.90 (2 Gift Subs) for an additional drop?
Johnathanamz: Cohhcarnage and every single twitch streamer who accepts this should be ashamed.
BreOl72: That's quite a lot then:
https://cdn-s-cyberpunk.cdprojektred.com/cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty-support-a-streamer-full-list.pdf
Like I said every Twitch streamer supporting this should be ashamed.
It says something about how interesting they think the streams are...
high rated
I wish twitch would die soon.
People who know me know I'm very pro-GOG and I don't agree with the "anything online is automatically DRM" perspective, but I have to agree with this. Free drops are one thing. Connect rewards for linking with GOG Galaxy are also fine. However, the gifting subs nonsense is unacceptable and is a literal, direct example of DRM.
This is what happens when most GOG customers - not all though - turned a blind eye to, gave a free pass to, and even proactively defended CDPR's earlier choices to add DRM to Witcher 3 and to Cyberpunk 2077.

Since those acts of DRM-adding failed to cause a backlash akin to the massive size of the Hitman GOTY debacle backlash, CDPR & GOG took from that lack of any significant backlash (but there was some backlash) the lesson that adding DRM to CDPR games and to GOG games is fine & dandy and A-okay.

Well, now we have slid down to the next level of this slippery slope.

Unless a significant backlash comes about this time, then no doubt the descent down this slippery, DRM-filled, slope will continue more and more into the future.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: This is what happens when most GOG customers - not all though - turned a blind eye to, gave a free pass to, and even proactively defended CDPR's earlier choices to add DRM to Witcher 3 and to Cyberpunk 2077.

Since those acts of DRM-adding failed to cause a backlash akin to the massive size of the Hitman GOTY debacle backlash, CDPR & GOG took from that lack of any significant backlash (but there was some backlash) the lesson that adding DRM to CDPR games and to GOG games is fine & dandy and A-okay.

Unless a significant backlash comes about this time, then no doubt the descent down this slippery, DRM-filled, slope will continue more and more into the future.
Yeah it will.
Happy I refunded Cyberpunk 2077 while ago.
Lord_Kane: I wish twitch would die soon.
We can only hope.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by Syphon72
Ancient-Red-Dragon: This is what happens when most GOG customers - not all though - turned a blind eye to, gave a free pass to, and even proactively defended CDPR's earlier choices to add DRM to Witcher 3 and to Cyberpunk 2077.

Except those complaints over Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 weren't DRM. You got stuff for connecting your GOG account. There's nothing wrong with that, nor is it DRM.

Offering exclusive rewards for connecting to a third-party platform certainly is leaning in the DRM direction and offering a reward exclusively to people who pay to gift subs most definitely is DRM.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by JakobFel
JakobFel: Except those complaints over Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 weren't DRM. You got stuff for connecting your GOG account. There's nothing wrong with that, nor is it DRM.

Offering exclusive rewards for connecting to a third-party platform certainly is leaning in the DRM direction and offering a reward exclusively to people who pay to gift subs most definitely is DRM.
Except they were, and saying otherwise leads here, and to worse.

No DRM means you can download the offline installer from the site through your browser of choice or even a custom tool that can supply the credentials to log in, put it on some external storage device, go to a remote off-the-grid cabin in the woods, install it on a computer there and it works and has the full singleplayer content that anyone else may have.
high rated
People dismissed "My Rewards" as insignificant in vanilla Cyberpunk 2077 and as a result these have quadrupled (See attachment).
CDPR is clearly testing the waters to see how much they can get away with.

If GOG users continue dismissing all this as insignificant and worthless, The Witcher 4 will probably have an exclusive mission in there, like back in the days when the whole industry was trying to fight used game sales with free day one DLC codes in the box.

All of these "rewards" are still tied to our GOG accounts, so they have every resource to give us offline installers for this stuff. They know which account is entitled to what, but they'd rather keep it Galaxy-only.
Attachments:
Post edited September 28, 2023 by SargonAelther