It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ah Crud, I missed Alien Rage twice! I planned on grabbing it in the FPS Heroes 2 bundle on Bundlestars for $1.99 but ended up sleeping, now it's gone up to $2.99. $2.99 isn't exactly bad for a whole bundle but I own nearly everything else at that tier and what I don't own I'm not interested in (Alien Rage aside, of course).

At the same time it was $2.99 during the Steam Lunar Sale thingy and I had enough Steam Trading Card Funny Money to make a good dent in it but I skipped buying it directly from Steam because I thought "Oh I'll just grab it in the bundle" and now the sale is over. Yeah $2.99 isn't much but it's more than I want to/can spend on taking a blind chance right now.

I'm a moron. On the other hand I'm taking this as another kick in the rear to get back to cleaning up my backlog, so I spent some time in Dishonored and all of five minutes in Risen 2. Great game Dishonored is, I just wish there was more than two non-lethal options available.
j0ekerr: And whose fault was that?!
And keep quiet about that, if my political enemies learned about it, it'd be a major scandal.
The mistakes of youth (two weeks ago I was younger).
I don't think someone having a shit game from Steam counts as scandalous. It's pretty much par for the course.
j0ekerr: Welp, I'm done with my last minute (last-hour) purchases.

Yarr 'tis be mine booty:

X-Com: UFO Defense
Tropico Reloaded
Parcel
Reveal the Deep
look-over-there-something-shiny:Sakura Spirit

Yep, those are my four purchaseS. Because I bought four games, as in two squared or 3 plus 1. I got four games, certainly not five.
I. SAID. FOUR. ALLRIGHT?!
*twitches nervously*
I wish I could've got here earlier. I have a copy of UFO Defense in my giveaway you could've taken for free.
I frigging swear...
Shoot for a simple, pick up and play arcade-type game, and I end up with a difficult grindfest that lags like hell when the action gets heavy, and it's going to take a long time to clear.
Wasn't even trying for one of those, but ended up with it anyway.
CarrionCrow: I frigging swear...
Shoot for a simple, pick up and play arcade-type game, and I end up with a difficult grindfest that lags like hell when the action gets heavy, and it's going to take a long time to clear.
Wasn't even trying for one of those, but ended up with it anyway.
What game?
toxicTom: What game?
It's called Overture. Got it during one of the rental service's end of the year sales.
deleted
Fairfox: OH MY GOD. I am going out with friends and family soon for the most delicious Peruvian meal in the WORLD (note: I have prior experience with said most delicious Peruvian meal in the WORLD) and I may have drunk a couple o' drinks that are really feel-good first. I am awesome and you are all very handsome individuals. This may be just a MIRAGE but it has to be said.
It's okay. Lots of things are mirages. Enjoy the food anyway.
Fairfox: OH MY GOD. I am going out with friends and family soon for the most delicious Peruvian meal in the WORLD (note: I have prior experience with said most delicious Peruvian meal in the WORLD) and I may have drunk a couple o' drinks that are really feel-good first. I am awesome and you are all very handsome individuals. This may be just a MIRAGE but it has to be said.
*hugs*

CarrionCrow: It's called Overture. Got it during one of the rental service's end of the year sales.
Hmm. Looks like bullet hell but is described as Rogue-like RPG action adventure?
Seems to have earned good ratings all over the place. But laggy controls are a pest.
My review of Men of Valor (after 4 hours) : Men of Valor is a video game. A first-person shooter. It has weapons, characters, and levels. It features sound, graphics, and aiming with the mouse.
AgentBirdnest: My review of Men of Valor (after 4 hours) : Men of Valor is a video game. A first-person shooter. It has weapons, characters, and levels. It features sound, graphics, and aiming with the mouse.
I've had this on my wishlist (on paper) for ages when games were still sold on CD... Then I forgot about it. Now it's here. I've dutifully wishlisted it again, but actually I'm not sure these military FPS games are still for me.
toxicTom: Hmm. Looks like bullet hell but is described as Rogue-like RPG action adventure?
Seems to have earned good ratings all over the place. But laggy controls are a pest.
It's a combination, sort of. Shooter gameplay, then using the gold you get on each run to unlock and upgrade characters.
CarrionCrow: It's a combination, sort of. Shooter gameplay, then using the gold you get on each run to unlock and upgrade characters.
Sounds familiar. I think some Gauntlet clone had that. 20-25 years ago... ;-)
toxicTom: I've had this on my wishlist (on paper) for ages when games were still sold on CD... Then I forgot about it. Now it's here. I've dutifully wishlisted it again, but actually I'm not sure these military FPS games are still for me.
Same here! I created a "top 5" wishlist on paper, around the time the game came out. I've still got it. I've been able to cross off System Shock 2, Omikron, Tron 2.0, and now Men of Valor just in the last couple of years :-) Still waiting on Aliens vs. Predator 2 though...
AgentBirdnest: Same here! I created a "top 5" wishlist on paper, around the time the game came out. I've still got it. I've been able to cross off System Shock 2, Omikron, Tron 2.0, and now Men of Valor just in the last couple of years :-) Still waiting on Aliens vs. Predator 2 though...
I have Tron 2.0 on disk, but it's the German version and the translation isn't the best. Would instabuy it again if it came here. I mean, it belongs Disney, it should be possible.

Great game, with many cool ideas, like the running away from the harddisk formatting and being inside this small computer that can't multitask...