It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: And why did my rep go down 1 point right now?? I've just noticed because 757 kind of caught the eye.
Oh, I found out the reason you went down in rep. It's your participation in the #Gamersgate thread. It's the saltiest thread in existence, and there is an INSANE amount of mass downvoting by people if you don't share in their opinion for some reason. Normally I'll go and make bad jokes on nearly any thread, but that one, I avoid like the plague.
zeogold: Oh, I found out the reason you went down in rep. It's your participation in the #Gamersgate thread. It's the saltiest thread in existence, and there is an INSANE amount of mass downvoting by people if you don't share in their opinion for some reason. Normally I'll go and make bad jokes on nearly any thread, but that one, I avoid like the plague.
Could be... though it's been a while that I posted there.

I really don't get it, all that hatred... :-/
zeogold: Oh, I found out the reason you went down in rep. It's your participation in the #Gamersgate thread. It's the saltiest thread in existence, and there is an INSANE amount of mass downvoting by people if you don't share in their opinion for some reason. Normally I'll go and make bad jokes on nearly any thread, but that one, I avoid like the plague.
toxicTom: Could be... though it's been a while that I posted there.

I really don't get it, all that hatred... :-/
Humanity runs on hatred. The anonymous internet just takes away any restrictions and allows you to see humanity's bare face.
So The Maker's Eden FINALLY released its second act, that only took a long long time...but at least it's out. So if you have The Maker's Eden you can go ahead and ya know...remember that you own it now.

Anybody have any word on the Downfall remake release date here? From what I understand it SHOULD be released in four days (the sixteenth) but it's not showing up in the Upcoming category here. I guess I'd prefer to buy it here but I'll grab it directly from Screen 7 (its publisher) if need be. I might do that anyway since Screen 7 has said that they'll give a discount to anyone who bought the original from them (which I did) and then grab the GOG version (if it IS coming here) in a cheap sale one day just for archiving purposes.
Oh and another heads up regarding Downfall: The original is still available for free via the publisher's website www.screen7.co.uk (just click the free tab) and there is a demo for the remake (just click on the Soon/Downfall tab) also on the publisher's website (same as listed earlier). I've just installed the demo myself and will be giving it a run through, so see ya GOGolytes later!
Post edited February 12, 2016 by NoNewTaleToTell
NoNewTaleToTell: So The Maker's Eden FINALLY released its second act, that only took a long long time...but at least it's out. So if you have The Maker's Eden you can go ahead and ya know...remember that you own it now.

Anybody have any word on the Downfall remake release date here? From what I understand it SHOULD be released in four days (the sixteenth) but it's not showing up in the Upcoming category here. I guess I'd prefer to buy it here but I'll grab it directly from Screen 7 (its publisher) if need be. I might do that anyway since Screen 7 has said that they'll give a discount to anyone who bought the original from them (which I did) and then grab the GOG version (if it IS coming here) in a cheap sale one day just for archiving purposes.
Thanks, I hadn't realized it would be released so soon. I grabbed the free version a while back but I haven't played it yet, so I might just buy the remake straightaway.
Hello Fredians! :D

How are you all doing?

I'm doing good :)
Just finished the demo, it took about ten minutes or so, so please keep that in mind that I only got a brief view into the game when reading the below.

I'll start with the negatives:
The voice acting shown in the demo isn't particularly good. It's not the worst voice acting ever, but it's quality is a big step down from The Cat Lady.

The graphics overall are also a step down from The Cat Lady's. The graphics (especially for the character models) are too bright, too clean and a bit too...cartoon-y/comic book-ish? The original Downfall and The Cat Lady both had a darker more gritty visual style, this remake's graphics just don't fit in with that. I mean, it's definitely trying to fit into the previous game's style but just doesn't completely jive with them, if that makes sense?

The (new) writing is a bit more awkward than in the previous two games, though I suppose part of this is due in part to the first of my complaints (the voice acting).

The walking animations are a bit stiff, but that's to be expected to be fair.

The positives:
My memory might be failing but I'm pretty sure I came across a piece of new content in the demo and saw a few more bits of newness in some of the screenshots on the Steam page, so that's cool.

So far all the previous environment interactions have seemed to carry over from the original to the remake.

The new music sounds pretty good although the original's music was cool too.

Overall I'm a bit bummed by the slight art direction change and the less than great voice acting but I'm still pretty excited about this.
Happy Friday, everyone. I hope you are all doing okay+.
AgentBirdnest: Happy Friday, everyone. I hope you are all doing okay+.
*big hug*
Soccorro: Hello Fredians! :D

How are you all doing?

Hi Socco, good to hear you're doing okay. :)

Hey Agent. I'm all right. I hope you're doing a bit better yourself? :)

How are you all doing?

FearfulSymmetry: Hi Socco, good to hear you're doing okay. :)

FearfulSymmetry: Hey Agent. I'm all right. I hope you're doing a bit better yourself? :)
:) how yre you?
moonshineshadow: *big hug*
Thanks. I needed one of those :-)
*big hug with some hot chocolate*
FearfulSymmetry: Hey Agent. I'm all right. I hope you're doing a bit better yourself? :)
All right sounds like an improvement(?) :-) Good to hear.
Yeah, I'm feeling better today. I had a nice day yesterday, and I've made a medication change that I'm confident will work out a bit better. Unfortunately my family's health can't be quite as good as mine, which is beginning to worry me quite a bit :-\ ... But, c'est la vie, I guess...

Excited for tomorrow?
Soccorro: :) how yre you?
I'm okay, looks like I'm finally recovering from the bout of flu I caught. :)

AgentBirdnest: All right sounds like an improvement(?) :-) Good to hear.
Yeah, I'm feeling better today. I had a nice day yesterday, and I've made a medication change that I'm confident will work out a bit better. Unfortunately my family's health can't be quite as good as mine, which is beginning to worry me quite a bit :-\ ... But, c'est la vie, I guess...

Excited for tomorrow?
Definitely better than yesterday! The flu is finally starting to go. :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed the change in medication will work out! Hopefully you'll be able to get rid of those nasty side effects and such. Sorry to hear about your family, though. :( *big hug*

Definitely! I'm looking forward to meeting Owl. And my sister is coming over as well since Owl has an extra ticket, and she generously invited me to ask someone else along. :) So it should be a really good day!
*looking for my favourite Socks*... Aha! Right there!
*big hug* Good mornoon, Socks ;-)
FearfulSymmetry: Definitely better than yesterday! The flu is finally starting to go. :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed the change in medication will work out! Hopefully you'll be able to get rid of those nasty side effects and such. Sorry to hear about your family, though. :( *big hug*

Definitely! I'm looking forward to meeting Owl. And my sister is coming over as well since Owl has an extra ticket, and she generously invited me to ask someone else along. :) So it should be a really good day!
That's excellent! :-) So glad to hear it.
And thank you *big return hug*

Sounds like a lot of fun, and that's cool that your sister will come. What a generous Empress! :-) If I'm not mistaken, I think this will be the first time two regulars of Fred will meet each other in person. I'm jealous :-) That would certainly be interesting to meet some of the people here that I talk to nearly every day. You'll have to let us know if it was weird ;-)
Post edited February 12, 2016 by AgentBirdnest