It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Personally, I saw the game's description, and said "I won't buy it if there are any more than 67 fish, because that would just be too many!" To each their own :-p

That's kinda how I am with Simcity. I like getting my city started, but then it just becomes boring to me. It happens with a lot of managerial games actually. I need a constant stream of new things to build to keep me interested. Evil Genius does that pretty well - there are always new items unlocking. On the other hand, that game is boring for other reasons.

I don't think I've played Zues and Poseidon... I think I have Pharaoh and Cleopatra in my library, and I haven't played that one either, except a demo years ago :-p (backlogs are awesome.)
*sneaks a Minecraft fish into Agent's pond to make it 68 fish.* :-)

I think I prefer it is more is going on as well, maybe a nice attacking army every so often. :-)

They are older games, but that does not really bother me. I wanted one that was not to micro-mangement heavy and Moon suggested that one. I like the setting, so I am sure that will help me get into the game more.

EndreWhiteMane: ...
*big random hug for Endre*
Post edited February 11, 2016 by ddickinson
AgentBirdnest: I don't think I've played Zues and Poseidon... I think I have Pharaoh and Cleopatra in my library, and I haven't played that one either, except a demo years ago :-p (backlogs are awesome.)
If you play Pharaoh and Cleopatra and get annoyed with the game because the AI of the NPCs is sometimes really stupid, but you otherwise like the game, get Zeus & Poseidon since that problem was fixed there :D

*really off now*
ddickinson: *sneaks a Minecraft fish into Agent's pond to make it 68 fish.* :-)

I think I prefer it is more is going on as well, maybe a nice attacking army every so often. :-)

They are older games, but that does not really bother me. I wanted one that was not to micro-mangement heavy and Moon suggested that one. I like the setting, so I am sure that will help me get into the game more.
Grahhhhh!! *uninstalls Terraria and throws it out the window!* >:-|

Or in the case of Evil Genius, attacking Agents B-)

What would you consider too much micro-management? Setting individual salaries for workers? Manually setting patrol routes for people? The cost, quality, and amount of ketchup on every hot dog? I'm naming a few features of Theme Park Inc (aka SimCoaster.) That was a bit too much for me :-)
moonshineshadow: If you play Pharaoh and Cleopatra and get annoyed with the game because the AI of the NPCs is sometimes really stupid, but you otherwise like the game, get Zeus & Poseidon since that problem was fixed there :D

*really off now*
Cool, thanks for the advice!

*really goodnight hug, with really fluffy pillows... like... seriously, almost too fluffy* :-)
Post edited February 11, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Grahhhhh!! *uninstalls Terraria and throws it out the window!* >:-|

Or in the case of Evil Genius, attacking Agents B-)

What would you consider too much micro-management? Setting individual salaries for workers? Manually setting patrol routes for people? The cost, quality, and amount of ketchup on every hot dog? I'm naming a few features of Theme Park Inc (aka SimCoaster.) That was a bit too much for me :-)
*picks up Terraria and puts it safely on Agent's doorstep knowing he will miss it terribly when the next multiplayer session starts and I would hate to see him sad.*

Yes, those evil Agent's always trying to spoil things for the Evil Geniuses. :-)

I am not sure really. Setting individual salaries would be annoying, as would individual patrol paths and things. Generalised settings I would be okay with, but not individual. I guess as I am more used to RTS type management I don't want to have to babysit someone and keep monitoring dozens of things. Take the Men at War games (I think it is them). They look nice, but they also require a bit of micromanagement that put me off. But yet I love Commandos 2 and that has it to a degree. Maybe that is my limit, the kind of thing with Commandos 2, or maybe I just have to be into the game more. Or maybe it is just that recently my tastes have changed a little and I have gone off micro-managment heavy games. I think perhaps it is just due to me having so little time for gaming that I putting myself of some games while I play my backlog. Who knows. *stops rambling on*
ddickinson: *picks up Terraria and puts it safely on Agent's doorstep knowing he will miss it terribly when the next multiplayer session starts and I would hate to see him sad.*

Yes, those evil Agent's always trying to spoil things for the Evil Geniuses. :-)

I am not sure really. Setting individual salaries would be annoying, as would individual patrol paths and things. Generalised settings I would be okay with, but not individual. I guess as I am more used to RTS type management I don't want to have to babysit someone and keep monitoring dozens of things. Take the Men at War games (I think it is them). They look nice, but they also require a bit of micromanagement that put me off. But yet I love Commandos 2 and that has it to a degree. Maybe that is my limit, the kind of thing with Commandos 2, or maybe I just have to be into the game more. Or maybe it is just that recently my tastes have changed a little and I have gone off micro-managment heavy games. I think perhaps it is just due to me having so little time for gaming that I putting myself of some games while I play my backlog. Who knows. *stops rambling on*
Aww... You are definitely right. I wouldn't want to miss playing with everyone :-)

I don't like too much micromanagement in RTS games, but I don't mind it for managerial games as much. I did play a bit of Men at War, and got a slight headache from the micromanagement. Blitzkrieg was kinda the same way for me. I enjoy it, but sometimes having to keep up the supplies for my tanks and artillery got a bit irritating, because I just wanted to blow stuff up without worrying about logistics :-p
Maybe Commandos isn't as bad because you control so few units? Only 4, if I remember right?
AgentBirdnest: Aww... You are definitely right. I wouldn't want to miss playing with everyone :-)

I don't like too much micromanagement in RTS games, but I don't mind it for managerial games as much. I did play a bit of Men at War, and got a slight headache from the micromanagement. Blitzkrieg was kinda the same way for me. I enjoy it, but sometimes having to keep up the supplies for my tanks and artillery got a bit irritating, because I just wanted to blow stuff up without worrying about logistics :-p
Maybe Commandos isn't as bad because you control so few units? Only 4, if I remember right?
I know, that is why I put it somewhere safe with a nice ribbon on it. :-)

I felt that way with Blitzkrieg as well. I remember playing it years ago and loving it, but I tried it more recently and for some reason I just didn't enjoy it as much. I guess I just have to be in the mood for them more these days.

Some of the missions on Commandos 2 has you command 8 or so, with the occasional pet and allied soldier. Buy yeah, maybe that is why I did not mind, it was on a more personal level, not with dozens of people.
AgentBirdnest: Boredom can be fixed with the 7 "T"s :
Tetris
Tropico
Terraria
Tongue Exercises
Typing your memoirs
Tea
Talking to Fred
In SОviet Яussia Tetris stacks you.
I have yet to try being El Presidente.
Terraria feels too much work. I purged crafting games from my system with minecraft
The kind of Tongue Exercises I'd like to do involve another person.
You don't want to read my memoirs, trust me on this.
Tea my dear fellow? Pip pip cheerio old mate.
That'd be talking IN Fred. (Which'd make us like the guys in Herman's head or that episode of Futurama)
Post edited February 11, 2016 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: Tea my dear fellow? Pip pip cheerio old mate.
Should that not be "old chap" instead of "old mate"? :-)
ddickinson: Should that not be "old chap" instead of "old mate"? :-)
Indeed it should (I think), such a droll mistake.
I think I'll be retiring for the night. I shall instruct Jeeves to ready the hot water bottle.
j0ekerr: Indeed it should (I think), such a droll mistake.
I think I'll be retiring for the night. I shall instruct Jeeves to ready the hot water bottle.
Toodle pip old bean. Sleep well. :-)
ddickinson: I know, that is why I put it somewhere safe with a nice ribbon on it. :-)

I felt that way with Blitzkrieg as well. I remember playing it years ago and loving it, but I tried it more recently and for some reason I just didn't enjoy it as much. I guess I just have to be in the mood for them more these days.

Some of the missions on Commandos 2 has you command 8 or so, with the occasional pet and allied soldier. Buy yeah, maybe that is why I did not mind, it was on a more personal level, not with dozens of people.
Oh, how lovely! Everything is better with a ribbon on it :-)

I don't really like party-based RPGs either, because I don't like having to micromanage too much. I enjoy maintaining one person's inventory, but 6 or 8 is a bit much for me.
I just like blowing stuff up :-)
AgentBirdnest: Oh, how lovely! Everything is better with a ribbon on it :-)

I don't really like party-based RPGs either, because I don't like having to micromanage too much. I enjoy maintaining one person's inventory, but 6 or 8 is a bit much for me.
I just like blowing stuff up :-)
Especially a pixelated Terraria ribbon. :-)

I remember the Paris level on Red Alert 2, where you Tesla the Trifle Tower. I used to blow up every building with the Crazy Ivans timer bomb. It is always fun blowing things up, in fact I used to destroy as much as possible in that game while waiting for resources and things, which was the fun thing about it and (almost) everything being destructible.
ddickinson: I remember the Paris level on Red Alert 2, where you Tesla the Trifle Tower. I used to blow up every building with the Crazy Ivans timer bomb. It is always fun blowing things up, in fact I used to destroy as much as possible in that game while waiting for resources and things, which was the fun thing about it and (almost) everything being destructible.
Yummy 8-þ,'',','
I liked sending a spy into the Soviet Battle Lab so I could build Chrono Ivans :-D ... man, the more I think about it, the more I remember how fun that game was. I always thought it was too silly, and it is, but it can be silly and fun at the same time :-)
AgentBirdnest: Yummy 8-þ,'',','
I liked sending a spy into the Soviet Battle Lab so I could build Chrono Ivans :-D ... man, the more I think about it, the more I remember how fun that game was. I always thought it was too silly, and it is, but it can be silly and fun at the same time :-)
It was silly, but it was still a nice game gameplay wise. I prefer the more serious games, but Red Alert 2 worked because the game itself was fun. I remember the Chrono Ivans, or just the regular Chrono Legionnaires. Use the waypoint feature and give them a long list and just leave them to it. Blowing up or just erasing from time. Sadly most modern RTS games don't put so much effort into things these days, instead going for shiny graphics or gimmicks over everything else. Red Alert 2 was also one of those games that pokes fun at the US as well as the enemy, not just makes them seem invincible.

Who did you prefer: Tanya or Boris? I liked Boris for his gun, but Tanya for her C4 and swimming. Overall I would go with Boris as he was good at infantry and vehicles.
Post edited February 11, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: It was silly, but it was still a nice game gameplay wise. I prefer the more serious games, but Red Alert 2 worked because the game itself was fun. I remember the Chrono Ivans, or just the regular Chrono Legionnaires. Use the waypoint feature and give them a long list and just leave them to it. Blowing up or just erasing from time. Sadly most modern RTS games don't put so much effort into things these days, instead going for shiny graphics or gimmicks over everything else. Red Alert 2 was also one of those games that pokes fun at the US as well as the enemy, not just makes them seem invincible.

Who did you prefer: Tanya or Boris? I liked Boris for his gun, but Tanya for her C4 and swimming. Overall I would go with Boris as he was good at infantry and vehicles.
Ha... I never tried that with Chrono units. I didn't use waypoints very often.

I liked Boris, for his ability to tear tanks to shreds quite effectively. And I thought it just looked cool when he would light up a building with his laser :-)