It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Yeah, I remember that now! I don't think it was an objective to capture or destroy the World Trade Center, but it could be garrisoned or destroyed. I think they were at the very top of the map, so only the bottoms of the towers were showing... because I guess it would be kinda difficult to include the full towers without poking the camera ;-)
And let's not forget the Space Needle in Seattle that let you see the entire map when you garrisoned it. I think it was the same level where you had to save the MassiveSoft CEO :-)
Good memories indeed...
ddickinson: I think it was just a bit of fun, although in hindsight not the most appropriate. I liked that you could destroy everything, it added to the crazy fun feel Red Alert 2 had.

I think it is the same lever where you see MassiveSoft. Who in no way is supposed to be Bill Gates. :-)
Sadly games we will likely never see on here.
Never know, EA games might add more on here, after all we've got medal of honor, crusader and dungeon master! Perhaps they might throw us a bone
Qz501: Never know, EA games might add more on here, after all we've got medal of honor, crusader and dungeon master! Perhaps they might throw us a bone
I think it has been a fair few years since they last brought any games here. It would be nice, but I don't hold much hope.
Qz501: Never know, EA games might add more on here, after all we've got medal of honor, crusader and dungeon master! Perhaps they might throw us a bone
ddickinson: I think it has been a fair few years since they last brought any games here. It would be nice, but I don't hold much hope.
I agree, origin is quite the issue, but no DRM is the 'in' thing right now, so they might try to come off as a 'down to earth' group to get attention. Yet it's still extreamly unlikely
Post edited February 10, 2016 by Qz501
ddickinson: I think it has been a fair few years since they last brought any games here. It would be nice, but I don't hold much hope.
May 28, 2014 to be exact (SimCity 4) :-\
ddickinson: Ewwww. You must be hallucinating if you would eat that. :-)

*gives Tom some of Agent's spare blankets to keep him from shivering*

*big get well soon hug*
I probably am... I think I still have some canned chicken soup in the cupboard. Maybe I can eat that.
Hey, how's everyone ?
Qz501: I agree, origin is quite the issue, but no DRM is the 'in' thing right now, so they might try to come off as a 'down to earth' group to get attention. Yet it's still extreamly unlikely
As Agent mentioned below, we have seen no sign of a game since 2014, so I doubt EA even cares about GOG anymore, especially with all the friction between all the different store platforms. Wasn't it EA that took some of their games off Steam to only sell on Origin?

AgentBirdnest: May 28, 2014 to be exact (SimCity 4) :-\
*gold star for Mr Memory* :-)

toxicTom: I probably am... I think I still have some canned chicken soup in the cupboard. Maybe I can eat that.
Chicken is much better. And it means more snails and frogs for Owl. :-)
ddickinson: As Agent mentioned below, we have seen no sign of a game since 2014, so I doubt EA even cares about GOG anymore, especially with all the friction between all the different store platforms. Wasn't it EA that took some of their games off Steam to only sell on Origin?
Yeah, that's the problem with EA: they are very much pro-DRM and they want to promote their own store.
Additionally oldie sales probably don't create that much cash-flow, a big company like that can easily ignore GOG.

On the other hand I hope having Disney and BethSoft here draws more attention from big players towards GOG.
ddickinson: *gold star for Mr Memory* :-)
*puts star in jar and saves it for the Empress*
(I miss her :'-O,'',',',',''',,'')

It wasn't memory though :-p
- Click the "Games" tab
- Filter by company : EA
- Order by "date added"
- Oogle "simcity 4 release gog.com"
- Post the date from the release post on the thread :-)
toxicTom: Yeah, that's the problem with EA: they are very much pro-DRM and they want to promote their own store.
Additionally oldie sales probably don't create that much cash-flow, a big company like that can easily ignore GOG.

On the other hand I hope having Disney and BethSoft here draws more attention from big players towards GOG.
Do you really think they will come back either? When was the last Disney release? It seems we get a "big" publisher, they dump a bunch of old games that GOG often has to make work. They then take those games sell them on Steam and just leave us and not look back. Like SquareEnix and some others.

AgentBirdnest: *puts star in jar and saves it for the Empress*
(I miss her :'-O,'',',',',''',,'')

It wasn't memory though :-p
- Click the "Games" tab
- Filter by company : EA
- Order by "date added"
- Oogle "simcity 4 release gog.com"
- Post the date from the release post on the thread :-)
*smashes the jar and takes the star back from Agent the cheater.* :-)

You can have it back if you work your magic and make GOG put FTL on sale this weekend for 75% off like it was on Humble. :-)
Post edited February 10, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Chicken is much better. And it means more snails and frogs for Owl. :-)
Microwaved chicken-noodle soup it is.
toxicTom: Microwaved chicken-noodle soup it is.
You stick a whole live chicken called Noodle in the microwave? That is evil. :-)
ddickinson: You stick a whole live chicken called Noodle in the microwave? That is evil. :-)
Maybe. And also very messy...

>:-)
toxicTom: Maybe. And also very messy...

>:-)
Poor Noodles the chicken. :-(

*big silly hug*
ddickinson: *smashes the jar and takes the star back from Agent the cheater.* :-)

You can have it back if you work your magic and make GOG put FTL on sale this weekend for 75% off like it was on Humble. :-)
Noooo :'-O
Maybe it will show up in the sale if I complain at the right time, like I did yesterday :-p

And more random dates, just for fun...
Activision's last release : October 1, 2012 (Spycraft)
Square Enix : August 18, 2015 (Revenant. Though ElT tells me it only took so long because GOG was busy fixing it. Otherwise, Gex would be the next newest release from Square Enix on November 25, 2014)
Luckily Ubisoft still likes us. They had a break for about 2 years I think, but they have released a few lately.