It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: I'm not sure why nobody said this before, or if they did and I wasn't paying attention, but come on guys, these diary entry things were fun.
No love for the guy who shared 'em with us?
superstande did send some love out over them, so yeah.

I'm thinking of rebooting my own Clothesline McGee Jr. The Third chronicles since I ended up deleting my old Sims 3 save that I had written stories on. Or maybe a new Sims 3 story dump, who knows. I find that kinda stuff fun to read and write, some keep 'em coming AgentBirdnest!

Also the "main" (what I'm guessing is the main) puzzle in the first chapter of Silence of the Sleep is annoying. It's not "hard", just tedious because you have to keep going back and forth between two rooms. It's retaining its Downfall/Cat Lady clone feeling but at least it's trying to slightly twist the formula...not much but some.
zeogold: I'm not sure why nobody said this before, or if they did and I wasn't paying attention, but come on guys, these diary entry things were fun.
No love for the guy who shared 'em with us?
NoNewTaleToTell: superstande did send some love out over them, so yeah.

I'm thinking of rebooting my own Clothesline McGee Jr. The Third chronicles since I ended up deleting my old Sims 3 save that I had written stories on. Or maybe a new Sims 3 story dump, who knows. I find that kinda stuff fun to read and write, some keep 'em coming AgentBirdnest!

Also the "main" (what I'm guessing is the main) puzzle in the first chapter of Silence of the Sleep is annoying. It's not "hard", just tedious because you have to keep going back and forth between two rooms. It's retaining its Downfall/Cat Lady clone feeling but at least it's trying to slightly twist the formula...not much but some.
Oh, ok. Fair enough.

I have no idea what that is, but it sounds lovely.

DID SOMEBODY S-
...oh, wait, I'm already here. No need for me to crash in.
Good morning gogers, how are you doing today?
*Sunday hugs and waves*

I hope you're all reasonable well. Many thanks to the people responding to our loss.

I'm not feeling that well. Very sad, of course, and constantly spotting the cat from the corner of my eye, or catching myself waiting for the door slowly opening or listening for her claws clicking on the laminate floor.

Also the little one has fallen sick, with 40°C of fever and a very disturbed sleep. She seems a bit better than yesterday though.

On top of that heating is failing again. We can't get the place warmer than 17°C (that 63°F for the Muricans). Hot water works.

I have to go back to do some house work, we haven't lifted a finger to clean or tidy the place since Friday and it looks like a bomb has been dropped on a junk yard...
toxicTom: *Sunday hugs and waves*

I hope you're all reasonable well. Many thanks to the people responding to our loss.

I'm not feeling that well. Very sad, of course, and constantly spotting the cat from the corner of my eye, or catching myself waiting for the door slowly opening or listening for her claws clicking on the laminate floor.

Also the little one has fallen sick, with 40°C of fever and a very disturbed sleep. She seems a bit better than yesterday though.

On top of that heating is failing again. We can't get the place warmer than 17°C (that 63°F for the Muricans). Hot water works.

I have to go back to do some house work, we haven't lifted a finger to clean or tidy the place since Friday and it looks like a bomb has been dropped on a junk yard...
Hello,

Sorry to hear your troubles continue.
Good that your baby's getting better. I think young kids can get those heavy fevers, but hopefully for only a short period of time. I remember having something like that when I was around 8-9 years... Not much to do but rest and take medicine and drink hot drinks when possible.

That 17°C is way to cold... We should get someone to burn the people responsible to the ground. Or at least threaten them menacingly with a lit flamethrower for a bit.

*turn the luck for better soon hugs*
Post edited February 07, 2016 by superstande
Good moaning, how's your Sunday?
superstande: Hello,

Sorry to hear your troubles continue.
Good that your baby's getting better. I think young kids can get those heavy fevers, but hopefully for only a short period of time. I remember having something like that when I was around 8-9 years... Not much to do but rest and take medicine and drink hot drinks when possible.

That 17°C is way to cold... We should get someone to burn the people responsible to the ground. Or at least threaten them menacingly with a lit flamethrower for a bit.

*turn the luck for better soon hugs*
*hugs back*

The "little one" is almost 5 ;-)
But yeah, she's one of those who get rather high fever - whereas I'm a rather cold person, I feel real feverish from 37.5 on and my normal temperature is also lower than that of most.

They've had repaired the fucking heating only last week. We called emergency service yesterday afternoon and the guy couldn't do a lot. He said the new control unit had crashed and he had restarted it, but that's about all he could do. Didn't help, obviously. I hope tomorrow somebody from municipal utilities can do something (we have district heating).
toxicTom: *hugs back*

The "little one" is almost 5 ;-)
But yeah, she's one of those who get rather high fever - whereas I'm a rather cold person, I feel real feverish from 37.5 on and my normal temperature is also lower than that of most.

They've had repaired the fucking heating only last week. We called emergency service yesterday afternoon and the guy couldn't do a lot. He said the new control unit had crashed and he had restarted it, but that's about all he could do. Didn't help, obviously. I hope tomorrow somebody from municipal utilities can do something (we have district heating).
Argh, that's quite annoying... Especially with young children.
Hope they find a smart engineer or something like that who can find a quick way to fix the problem.
*computers hate me hugs and waves*
moonshineshadow: *computers hate me hugs and waves*
Don't worry. They hate everyone else too. I'm sure it's not personal :-p
*big comforting courage hug*
Post edited February 07, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Don't worry. They hate everyone else too. I'm sure it's not personal :-p
I am not so sure about. I have a laptop that I use mostly for work... and it decided that it does not want to boot anymore. I mean how likely is that this happens just one week after the troubles with my normal computer -.-
*drive-by have a nice sunday hugs*
superstande: Yeah that would be nice. It can't be too difficult...
Gog managed to incorporate dosbox into older games, and probably that's involved a lot of work, and was probably a helluva lot more challenging than just a controller plug'n'play thing.
One good thing about x360ce is, once it's configured to work with one game, you can use that configuration with other games. Only problem is, not all games seem to work with that one configuration... so far Samurai Shodown 2 has been that exception... took me about an extra hour to make it work.
Very true. I'd say it's possible if people were willing to put in the time and effort to do it.

That sounds cool, if incredibly buggy on occasion, given how long you had to fight with it to get it to work on that one title.
toxicTom:
For fuck's sake, man...

Try to hang in there as best you can. Will keep hoping you, yours and your situation in general stop getting kicked in the teeth so damned much.
-sorry, looks like I threatened the wrong computer wave in return with a shot of increased patience so you don't launch the thing out the nearest window-
Post edited February 07, 2016 by CarrionCrow
AgentBirdnest: Don't worry. They hate everyone else too. I'm sure it's not personal :-p
moonshineshadow: I am not so sure about. I have a laptop that I use mostly for work... and it decided that it does not want to boot anymore. I mean how likely is that this happens just one week after the troubles with my normal computer -.-
I really hate to say this but,
I think computers hate you. :/

Would you go make me some cookies now, please?
toxicTom: *Sunday hugs and waves*

Having a home and family is worth every one of the challenges it takes, sometimes a break is nice though.
Here's hoping that you get one very, very soon.
*I don't hug guys but here's one anyway hug*
Post edited February 07, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
moonshineshadow: I am not so sure about. I have a laptop that I use mostly for work... and it decided that it does not want to boot anymore. I mean how likely is that this happens just one week after the troubles with my normal computer -.-
EndreWhiteMane: I really hate to say this but,
I think computers hate you. :/

Would you go make me some cookies now, please?
Yep, I also think they hate me :D

Baking cookies would be a great thing to do, that would be relaxing, but I need to get the laptop running again before tomorrow, so no time ;-)
*big cookieless hug*