It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: Horatio Hornblower was a fictional Royal Navy officer fighting against France, if I remember correctly. Strange indeed. But then these are the same people that made the U.S. the heart of the federation of planets, and made all ships be called U.S.S. instead of U.F.S., or maybe U.F.P.S. :-)

Endre has a nice mankini he might let you borrow. Although maybe not the weather for it, especially in Denmark. :-)
Indeed. During the Napoleonic Wars. Well that's a thing many American SciFi-series suffered from. Usually the Humans are basically Americans in Space. There is an explanation for the U.S:S but it's rather weak :)

It's way to cold in Denmark for that :)
AgentBirdnest: Good evening, Endre.
It is kinda fun... Hopefully a ship full of Freddies will inspire me to win and bring my score to 1/30 :-) ... and I'm wondering what other games might be fun to do this with...
Darkest Dungeon maybe :P
Post edited February 05, 2016 by ElTerprise
ddickinson: Yay! *eats all of the cake, not saving any for the rest of the crew.* :-)

Of course, I will do that as well. But if you all die and I am left all alone drifting in space then I must eat. I am pretty sure giant alien insects can't bake cakes to eat. :-)

*even bigger silly hug*
You are trying to starve the rest of the crew so you can eat them too? ,'',',','',',':-o

... and... apparently mantises can bake cakes :-p
ElTerprise: Indeed. During the Napoleonic Wars. Well that's a thing many American SciFi-series suffered from. Usually the Humans are basically Americans in Space. There is an explanation for the U.S:S but it's rather weak :)

I guess it is to be expected, they make the shows for the US viewers first and foremost. Maybe they never imagined the international recognition it would get.

But swimming in the cold is fun. Many parts of England go swimming during winter, Boxing Day just after Christmas. Often for charity, but it is quite fun, but very cold. :-)
ddickinson: Horatio Hornblower was a fictional Royal Navy officer fighting against France, if I remember correctly. Strange indeed. But then these are the same people that made the U.S. the heart of the federation of planets, and made all ships be called U.S.S. instead of U.F.S., or maybe U.F.P.S. :-)

Endre has a nice mankini he might let you borrow. Although maybe not the weather for it, especially in Denmark. :-)
ElTerprise: Indeed. During the Napoleonic Wars. Well that's a thing many American SciFi-series suffered from. Usually the Humans are basically Americans in Space. There is an explanation for the U.S:S but it's rather weak :)

I always thought it was UnitedStarShip. ;)
So, do you still consider Starbound worth buying now?
ElTerprise: Darkest Dungeon maybe :P
Hmmm... not really my usual type of game (then again, I'll try just about anything)... Have you played it?
AgentBirdnest: You are trying to starve the rest of the crew so you can eat them too? ,'',',','',',':-o

... and... apparently mantises can bake cakes :-p
Maybe? That would be a fun development. I guess we need to recruit a cook to make sure there is enough cake.

That is a Glux mantis, I am a Marux warrior mantis. We don't bake. >:-| <- Alien sexism. :-)
(I made Glux and Marux up, so if they mean anything else then that is just a coincidence.)

*even more silly hug*
ddickinson: I guess it is to be expected, they make the shows for the US viewers first and foremost. Maybe they never imagined the international recognition it would get.

But swimming in the cold is fun. Many parts of England go swimming during winter, Boxing Day just after Christmas. Often for charity, but it is quite fun, but very cold. :-)
Yes. That's probably the main reason for it and honestly that's ok. Although it's easier for American series to get international recognition than series produced in other countries.

I heard that people doing that here as well during winter :)

EndreWhiteMane: I always thought it was UnitedStarShip. ;)
So, do you still consider Starbound worth buying now?
That's the explanation but it's still pretty close to the originial meaning. Babylon5 for example had a more unique prefix: E.A.S. = Earth Alliance Ship :)
My first verdict is still valid although i think that the bigger missions (including boss fights) feel less Terraria and a bit more like a Run and Gun light with looting....Also the mission was apparently instanced...
Outside of the mission you have the usual Terarria like building and exploring game-play with a lot of planets and moons (after you fix your ship). The game might be a bit lacking in terms of small missions / quests and some features like pets are still missing but i still like it :)

AgentBirdnest: Hmmm... not really my usual type of game (then again, I'll try just about anything)... Have you played it?
Played a bit of it and died in the tutorial due to bad luck :D
I think I will call it a day. I have a doctors appointment first thing to get my next set of results, so I had better get some rest. I hope you all have a lovely night, and if I don't see you over the weekend I hope you all have a great weekend. Take care.

*hugs, waves, and a hungry look at Agent with my mantis eyes* :-)
ddickinson: I think I will call it a day. I have a doctors appointment first thing to get my next set of results, so I had better get some rest. I hope you all have a lovely night, and if I don't see you over the weekend I hope you all have a great weekend. Take care.

I wish you a good night and best of luck for the appointment. Take care and sleep well :)
*big good night hug*
ddickinson: I think I will call it a day. I have a doctors appointment first thing to get my next set of results, so I had better get some rest. I hope you all have a lovely night, and if I don't see you over the weekend I hope you all have a great weekend. Take care.

Sleep well DD, hope the results are fantastic.
*night night hug*

Have a good night, D. Fingers crossed for those test results. =)
I think i'm going to sleep now. Feeling pretty tired. I wish you all a good night and see you all later :)
ElTerprise: I think i'm going to sleep now. Feeling pretty tired. I wish you all a good night and see you all later :)
Good night, sleep well my friend.
Good morning!

*leaves a pot of coffee on the stand and also a cauldron of fish soup over a burner*
Gotta do some wotk soon, don't burn the stand, mr. Burner.. or is it mrs...?
Post edited February 05, 2016 by superstande
superstande: don't burn the stand, mr. Burner.. or is it mrs...?
An easy way to tell is to have me try to identify it. Chances are, it'll be the one that I don't pick.