It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: Glad to hear it has been good. Do you have more stressful classes tomorrow?

*random hug*
Thank you. Indeed. Will be the last day of the class and afterwards i have to prepare for the Copenahgen field trip starting sunday :)
*big non-random because random reminds me of statistics ^^ return hug*
AgentBirdnest: Sounds promising to me. I hope that's the case :-)

Haaaaaa 8-o ... I'm afraid my baking and decorating skills aren't quite that good. It would probably come out looking more like this :-|
Let's hope for sometime nice.

No worries, but cakes like that do look impressive. But baking is supposed to be fun, not a competition.

*big bakers hug*

ElTerprise: Thank you. Indeed. Will be the last day of the class and afterwards i have to prepare for the Copenahgen field trip starting sunday :)
*big non-random because random reminds me of statistics ^^ return hug*
Are you still looking forward to your tip? Denmark is a lovely country.

*big statistical hug*
Post edited February 05, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: No worries, but cakes like that do look impressive. But baking is supposed to be fun, not a competition.

*big bakers hug*
Unless you are in a baking competition :-p

And I'm off on my 29th attempt at FTL! (Many more actually, but 29th since reformatting and losing my saves.)
Our Empress and natural flier is at the wheel... I'll be manning the weapons >:-) ... ElT on the engines, so we can blame him for not speeding up if we get hit (ElT and agent are in the wrong rooms. They will switch when the game starts.) ... and DD, the fearless mantis, ready to tear apart any intruders :-)
Blast off!!
Attachments:
ftl01.jpg (235 Kb)
Post edited February 05, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Unless you are in a baking competition :-p

And I'm off on my 29th attempt at FTL! (Many more actually, but 29th since reformatting and losing my saves.)
Our Empress and natural flier is at the wheel... I'll be manning the weapons >:-) ... ElT on the engines, so we can blame him for not speeding up if we get hit... and DD, the fearless mantis, ready to tear apart any intruders :-)
Blast off!!
FTL teasing bully. :-)
But you have definitely made me want it now when it goes on sale, but maybe not straight away, maybe when I can play games more.

I like when you can customise characters in games, especially if you can customise it to look like the person. It can make you much more attached to them and more sad when they die. Be sure to let us know what order we all died in, or if any of us survived. *big hug*

*big Mantis hug, but gentle enough not to tear Agent the master-at-arms apart*
ddickinson: Are you still looking forward to your tip? Denmark is a lovely country.

*big statistical hug*
I am. Will be interesting but also stressful because the working groups will have to research for their topics....in my case it would be Copenhagen as Urban Tourist Destination :)
Yep. Denmark is a lovely country indeed. I've been to Denmark multiple times (once to Copenhagen) - which is not really surprising considering the short distance between Hamburg and the German-Danish border :)
You've visited Denmark?

*big correlation return hug* damn :P
Post edited February 05, 2016 by ElTerprise
ddickinson: FTL teasing bully. :-)
But you have definitely made me want it now when it goes on sale, but maybe not straight away, maybe when I can play games more.

I like when you can customise characters in games, especially if you can customise it to look like the person. It can make you much more attached to them and more sad when they die. Be sure to let us know what order we all died in, or if any of us survived. *big hug*

*big Mantis hug, but gentle enough not to tear Agent the master-at-arms apart*
Hihi n__o

I love that too... I like to make my characters look like people I know. I'm much more careful with them that way :-) Makes things a lot more interesting when you are more attached, like you said.
*big space hug*

At our second jump, we run into a pirate... They demand a toll of 18 scrap, but we can't afford it, so they fire... And right away, ElT gets stunned, allowing a shot to hit our oxygen supply... of course 9__9 But Agent is deadly with the weapon system, and makes quick work of the pirate. We've taken a couple hits, but we won this battle easily.
Attachments:
ftl02.jpg (173 Kb)
ElTerprise: I am. Will be interesting but also stressful because the working groups will have to research for their topics....in my case it would be Copenhagen as Urban Tourist Destination :)
Yep. Denmark is a lovely country indeed. I've been to Denmark multiple times (once to Copenhagen) - which is not really surprising considering the short distance between Hamburg and the German-Danish border :)
You've visited Denmark?
Hopefully it will not be too stressful for you so that you can enjoy your tip.

I have never visited Denmark. I intend to someday, but life is a little too busy for me most of the time.

AgentBirdnest: Hihi n__o

I love that too... I like to make my characters look like people I know. I'm much more careful with them that way :-) Makes things a lot more interesting when you are more attached, like you said.
*big space hug*

At our second jump, we run into a pirate... They demand a toll of 18 scrap, but we can't afford it, so they fire... And right away, ElT gets stunned, allowing a shot to hit our oxygen supply... of course 9__9 But Agent is deadly with the weapon system, and makes quick work of the pirate. We've taken a couple hits, but we won this battle easily.
You also get to kill them off if you hate them. :-)

Yay for us! Can the crew betray you on the game, and can you put fires out by opening the outer doors to remove the oxygen? Should your ship not be U.S.S. (United States Sandwich), or maybe E.O.S. (Empress Owl Ship) Red-Tail? :-)
ddickinson: Hopefully it will not be too stressful for you so that you can enjoy your tip.

I have never visited Denmark. I intend to someday, but life is a little too busy for me most of the time.
Yes that would be great and i guess it should be possible :)
I see. But you should do that eventually. They have really awesome to hike and Copenhagen is also definitely worth a visit :)
ElTerprise: Yes that would be great and i guess it should be possible :)
I see. But you should do that eventually. They have really awesome to hike and Copenhagen is also definitely worth a visit :)
I am sure it does, there are lots of lovely places all over Europe, although I tend to prefer Northern Europe over Southern Europe (because we are just so much cooler :-)). Joking of course. I just prefer the landscape and the histories of the Northern areas, possibly as they share a lot with England an her history.
ddickinson: You also get to kill them off if you hate them. :-)

Yay for us! Can the crew betray you on the game, and can you put fires out by opening the outer doors to remove the oxygen? Should your ship not be U.S.S. (United States Sandwich), or maybe E.O.S. (Empress Owl Ship) Red-Tail? :-)
If your enemy uses their mind control device on one of your crew, that crew member will turn hostile and start attacking your own ship... and I think there are a few random events in the game where choosing an unwise dialog option may cause a crew member to turn against you. Otherwise, they normally stay loyal to you.
I forgot to change the name of the ship. I think you can only do it when you are choosing your ship though, and I didn't think to do it until it was too late. I was thinking of "Thread-Tail" instead of Red-Tail... E.O.S. Thread-Tail sounds lovely :-)
And funny you mention fires...
We arrive at a star, and are attacked. A solar flare starts a fire in the weapons and medical rooms. Fortunately, Agent is experienced in burning things to the ground, so he knows how to contain the fire in the weapons room. Nobody is located in the medical room though, so our fearless Empress orders the airlock doors open, so the oxygen will be sucked out of the room until the fire is out. A few laser blasts destroys the enemy ship, and our crew flies away (mostly) unscathed...
Attachments:
ftl03.jpg (201 Kb)
ddickinson: I am sure it does, there are lots of lovely places all over Europe, although I tend to prefer Northern Europe over Southern Europe (because we are just so much cooler :-)). Joking of course. I just prefer the landscape and the histories of the Northern areas, possibly as they share a lot with England an her history.
That's true and i'd like to travel around Europe a bit more. But i generally also prefer the North :)
AgentBirdnest: If your enemy uses their mind control device on one of your crew, that crew member will turn hostile and start attacking your own ship... and I think there are a few random events in the game where choosing an unwise dialog option may cause a crew member to turn against you. Otherwise, they normally stay loyal to you.
I forgot to change the name of the ship. I think you can only do it when you are choosing your ship though, and I didn't think to do it until it was too late. I was thinking of "Thread-Tail instead of Red-Tail... E.O.S. Thread-Tail sounds lovely :-)
And funny you mention fires...
We arrive at a star, and are attacked. A solar flare starts a fire in the weapons and medical rooms. Fortunately, Agent is experienced in burning things to the ground, so he knows how to contain the fire in the weapons room. Nobody is located in the medical room though, so our fearless Empress orders the airlock doors open, so the oxygen will be sucked out of the room until the fire is out. A few laser blasts destroys the enemy ship, and our crew flies away (mostly) unscathed...
I see. I was just thinking how fun it would be if it turned out ELT was a double agent. :-)
I don't know what I would call my first ship. It would start with H.M.S. of course, but not sure. If I thought there was a change it would survive I would name it after my partner, but knowing how often you die in that game I will pick something else. :-)

Yay for Agent for saving our ship. If you all die and it is just me, do I get to eat you all since I am some strange alien creature? :-)

ElTerprise: That's true and i'd like to travel around Europe a bit more. But i generally also prefer the North :)
I prefer the nice cooler weather of the North over the sun and heat of the South. Plus you seem to run into lots more creepy guys in the south trying to flirt with holidaymakers, which kind of gets annoying and spoils things sometimes. Not that you don't get that everywhere, but it seems to be worse in the hotter regions.
ddickinson: I see. I was just thinking how fun it would be if it turned out ELT was a double agent. :-)
I don't know what I would call my first ship. It would start with H.M.S. of course, but not sure. If I thought there was a change it would survive I would name it after my partner, but knowing how often you die in that game I will pick something else. :-)

Yay for Agent for saving our ship. If you all die and it is just me, do I get to eat you all since I am some strange alien creature? :-)

I prefer the nice cooler weather of the North over the sun and heat of the South. Plus you seem to run into lots more creepy guys in the south trying to flirt with holidaymakers, which kind of gets annoying and spoils things sometimes. Not that you don't get that everywhere, but it seems to be worse in the hotter regions.
Don't you mean just Agent? Because being a double Agent involves being a "normal" Agent in the first place and that would be rather pointless on a friendly ship :P

What about H.M.S Surprise. Had to think about it because i'm currently reading the Aubry/Maturin series from Patrick O'Brian and also because the luck is an essential factor in that game :D

Same here - except for the creepy guys :)
Post edited February 05, 2016 by ElTerprise
ddickinson: I see. I was just thinking how fun it would be if it turned out ELT was a double agent. :-)

Hmm... Maybe I'd better open the airlock to cut off his oxygen, just to be sure ;-)
Probably a good idea. It's probably better to name your ship something that you wouldn't mind exploding over and over again :-p

Good Gog, I don't want to be eaten ,','','',',,':-| I'm requesting a traditional airlock funeral. (There is no crew-eating in the game :-p And no funerals either. When you die, you disappear.)

We've ran into an automated scout ship. They have a combat drone that quickly takes down our shields, and the enemy is able to get a couple lucky shots to our oxygen, medbay, and door systems. The crew is in danger of suffocation, but thankfully we hired another crew member at a store for 50 scrap just before jumping here; an Engi, who excels at repairing broken systems, by the name of Moon :-) As she repairs the oxygen system, the battle continues until the enemy ship is destroyed...
... and Agent takes a break for the night :-p
Attachments:
ftl04.jpg (203 Kb)
ElTerprise: Don't you mean just Agent? Because being a double Agent involves being a "normal" Agent in the first place and that would be rather pointless on a friendly ship :P

What about H.M.S Surprise. Had to think about it because i'm currently reading the Aubry/Maturin series from Patrick O'Brian and also because the luck is an essential factor in that game :D

Same here - except for the creepy guys :)
But i said agent with a small a, not Agent with a capital A. They are different things. :-)

I would probably use the names of real ships that served in the Royal Navy. Especially those from the two world wars. Which is what they did with a lot of ship names on Star Trek TNG, possibly due to the captain being English.

How about some creepy women instead? Or maybe you are not dressing right for the creepy guys. Try a nice swimsuit or a summer dress. :-)

AgentBirdnest: Hmm... Maybe I'd better open the airlock to cut off his oxygen, just to be sure ;-)
Probably a good idea. It's probably better to name your ship something that you wouldn't mind exploding over and over again :-p

Good Gog, I don't want to be eaten ,','','',',,':-| I'm requesting a traditional airlock funeral. (There is no crew-eating in the game :-p And no funerals either. When you die, you disappear.)

We've ran into an automated scout ship. They have a combat drone that quickly takes down our shields, and the enemy is able to get a couple lucky shots to our oxygen, medbay, and door systems. The crew is in danger of suffocation, but thankfully we hired another crew member at a store for 50 scrap just before jumping here; an Engi, who excels at repairing broken systems, by the name of Moon :-) As she repairs the oxygen system, the battle continues until the enemy ship is destroyed...
... and Agent takes a break for the night :-p
But I am a giant insect, why can't I eat my former crew? :-)

We have Moon on our ship now? Yay! Now we are sure to be alright. Thank you for the little updates, it has been fun.

*big hug with no eating... yet* :-)