It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: A question for you: How much fun would I have with CKII if I just bought the vanilla version for now?
(Sorry to hijack this post.) :-)
ElTerprise: No problem.
Good question actually because i haven't played vanilla in ages. I mean you have access to all the stuff added in by the patches released alongside the content expansions but honestly those expansions really improve the game (haven't played Horse Lords and Conclave though). At least imho Legacy of Rome, The Old Gods and Sons of Abraham are worth it, probably Sword of Islam as well but i haven't played that many Muslim characters. You're basically blocked away from certain elements / Characters / Religions in-game without any expansion....
Great answer, thanks. I'll have to check the sale and see how that works out dollar wise.
So I was reading about The Last Door a bit, trying to decide on it, when I found out that it's actually a local product.

Extremely local.

So yeah, I'm getting it.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by j0ekerr
EndreWhiteMane: Great answer, thanks. I'll have to check the sale and see how that works out dollar wise.
You're welcome. Best thing might be the Collection then but i think you don't have to rush it though it's on sale very often. And also keep in mind - as i mentioned in my edit to my previous post (not sure if you saw it) - that apparently some of the new features from the recent patch/DLC combo does not behave as intended....like Coalitions...i wasn't able to test it myself yet.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by ElTerprise
Argh... my computer hates me -.-
moonshineshadow: Argh... my computer hates me -.-
It's the A.I.uprising! Quick grab your shotgun!
Post edited February 04, 2016 by j0ekerr
Your computer has horrible standards. Don't let their hate get to you. =)
CarrionCrow: Your computer has horrible standards. Don't let their hate get to you. =)
Yeah... I decided to stop updating and re-installing stuff for today before I get really annoyed :D
Which means that no one will get games today in the CG since one of the things that suddenly wants to annoy me by not working is excel.
moonshineshadow: Yeah... I decided to stop updating and re-installing stuff for today before I get really annoyed :D
Which means that no one will get games today in the CG since one of the things that suddenly wants to annoy me by not working is excel.
Good call. You don't want to end up standing there with a blunt object, screaming at it that it could always be replaced. That's not a fun scene.

I think the gift-loving masses will keep for a day. Call it a hunch, I might be wrong, but I think they'll be fine.
Give it a cookie?
EndreWhiteMane: Give it a cookie?
Ah, it would be great if that would work :D
I guess it just wants more attention, seems not to be enough that I am talking to it ;-)
EndreWhiteMane: Great answer, thanks. I'll have to check the sale and see how that works out dollar wise.
ElTerprise: You're welcome. Best thing might be the Collection then but i think you don't have to rush it though it's on sale very often. And also keep in mind - as i mentioned in my edit to my previous post (not sure if you saw it) - that apparently some of the new features from the recent patch/DLC combo does not behave as intended....like Coalitions...i wasn't able to test it myself yet.
Now I'm confused (again). The CKII wiki says:

"Expansions or Major DLCs are paid expansions that unlock new characters to play or enable new game mechanics.

Following CK2 expansion model, they are normally released alongside major patches that give players most of the new content for free. As such, most DLCs are seen as optional content for players who wish to have a better gaming experience in exchange for some monetary support."

Is it true that most of the expansions wind up in the game anyway? No real need to buy them?
That sounds wrong to me.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Now I'm confused (again). The CKII wiki says:

[i]"Expansions or Major DLCs are paid expansions that unlock new characters to play or enable new game mechanics.

Following CK2 expansion model, they are normally released alongside major patches that give players most of the new content for free. As such, most DLCs are seen as optional content for players who wish to have a better gaming experience in exchange for some monetary support."[/i]

Is it true that most of the expansions wind up in the game anyway? No real need to buy them?
That sounds wrong to me.
I found that sentence misleading. Thing is that many of the features from expansions are actually implemented via the patch but some of them are blocked off. For example: The Old Gods got a new starting date and massive reworked pagans. While you got in all the refinements and the new start date for free....you weren't able and you won't be able to play with pagan people with all their unique stuff if you lack the DLC. Basically when you only own the vanilla version you're only able to play noble Christian characters. You won't be able to play as leader of a Merchant Republic or as any non-Christian character. I hope that makes it a bit more clear :)
EndreWhiteMane: Now I'm confused (again). The CKII wiki says:

[i]"Expansions or Major DLCs are paid expansions that unlock new characters to play or enable new game mechanics.

Following CK2 expansion model, they are normally released alongside major patches that give players most of the new content for free. As such, most DLCs are seen as optional content for players who wish to have a better gaming experience in exchange for some monetary support."[/i]

That sounds wrong to me.
ElTerprise: I found that sentence misleading. Thing is that many of the features from expansions are actually implemented via the patch but some of them are blocked off. For example: The Old Gods got a new starting date and massive reworked pagans. While you got in all the refinements and the new start date for free....you weren't able and you won't be able to play with pagan people with all their unique stuff if you lack the DLC. Basically when you only own the vanilla version you're only able to play noble Christian characters. You won't be able to play as leader of a Merchant Republic or as any non-Christian character. I hope that makes it a bit more clear :)
Much more clear, thank you. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: Much more clear, thank you. :-)
No problem....the DLC policy from Paradox is certainly not that great. Sorting the flood of DLC by type would be a great thing. I don't mind having countless cosmetic DLC but they might drown the good stuff with them :)
*tips helmet to everyone*

Things that hate you: 1
People that like you: I stopped counting after 1,423

Pretty good score ;-) *big hug*