It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Empress_Owl: Even worse, to be honnest.
But I don't care. I just do my best, and if it's not enough, they can go pl*ck themselves.
How are you ?
Sorry to hear that... I'll keep my *fingers crossed* that things get better for you... and keep cheering you on, 'cause I'm your biggest fan.
I'm okay... I feel like sh*t physically, but am in a decent mood, so it's not too bad :-) Plus, it is release day, which always makes me excited.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
CarrionCrow: ...
I think too many people these days are just too quick to take people to court, especially if there is the chance they can make money. I know that in the UK at least there is strick testing in place before medication is deemed safe for humans, but even then mistakes can happen as you can't account for everything and how everyone will take it.

But if we talk that would be us being grown ups, this is the internet, we have to behave like idiotic hate filled children. :-)

That is true, as lovely as many of the conversations are they are just light hearted conversation, nothing serious that requires quick responses.

So they skipped 9 altogether? That is a bit strange. But it is Microsoft, so you never know. I read that windows 10 is their last incarnation, and that they will just keep updating that one. But I am not sure if that will be the case.

I would rather have the old ones as well. I would think Fox would be okay releasing the old one, it would be profit with very little work, especially if they had GOG try to make it work on modern systems. From what I have seen one GOG gets them working then the publishers are free to take that version and sell it elsewhere as well. But I guess the profit is so meaningless to a large corporation like Fox that it is not even worth bothering with.

I forgot to mentioned the convenience as a plus as well. That is a good thing about ebooks, you can take a whole library withy ou while travelling. The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite is quite a good ereader, I do like the paper feel the screen has and it does work well as a substitute.

Amazon has more than enough customers, so I get the feeling they don't care about a few getting annoyed. A bit like most companies, at first they value their customers, but then as tehy get a large customer base they don't really care any more and don't see losing a few customers as a problem as there are many more. Which is why many companies fail. By the time they finally realise that tehy can't be jerks to customers all the customers have left and gone to some competitor who treats them like customers should be treat.

Anther option could be a signed contract with Kickstarter breaking down what the money is needed for and what must be delivered. If they fail to do that Kickstarter could blacklist them. True they could still get away with one scam, but after that it would be harder. But again, while Kickstarter makes money doing nothing, why should they stop, there is no risk to them.

Empress_Owl: Nope :) ... same owlsh*t as yesterday... !
I wish we had a time machine, I'd hit the "PAUSE" button right now...
**Big busy hug**
*big comforting hug*

Sorry to hear you are having a hard day. *more hugs*

AgentBirdnest: There once was a man from Nantucket...

Good morning, DD :-)
That was a short poem. You Americans sure are lazy. :-)

*big silly hug*

Good morning, Mr Agent!

Any guesses for today's release? My guess is another "retro" inspired indie game, or just a game with graphics that look like it was made 10 years ago. :-)
Post edited February 04, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: That was a short poem. You Americans sure are lazy. :-)

*big silly hug*

Good morning, Mr Agent!

Any guesses for today's release? My guess is another "retro" inspired indie game, or just a game with graphics that look like it was made 10 years ago. :-)
How about an even shorter one?

Fleas

Adam had 'em.

I heard that one all the time, since my name is actually Adam :-p

I think we'll get a classic release today. It has been a week (at least) since the last one. I'll guess something from around 2003. A strategy game. That is as much as my crystal ball tells me :-)
AgentBirdnest: How about an even shorter one?

Fleas

Adam had 'em.

I heard that one all the time, since my name is actually Adam :-p

I think we'll get a classic release today. It has been a week (at least) since the last one. I'll guess something from around 2003. A strategy game. That is as much as my crystal ball tells me :-)
I already new your name from before the times of the Birdnest. Moomin Adam, as it would be in Moomin valley. :-)

A classic would be nice, but what kind of strategy game? I am not a fan of the Paradox ones, way too time consuming and complex. A nice RTS would be nice, maybe the classic C&C games, or Warcraft 1-3, or Starcraft 1 with a HD patch for better resolution. :-)
I hope it will not be another strategy game. It should be something that makes me want add it to my collection :P
moonshineshadow: I hope it will not be another strategy game. It should be something that makes me want add it to my collection :P
A game for Moon's wishlist? Well then, to hell with the strategy games. We must get more games for Moon to make her wishlist nice and long. How about all the other Lucas Arts adventure games?

*big hug*
moonshineshadow: I hope it will not be another strategy game. It should be something that makes me want add it to my collection :P
ddickinson: A game for Moon's wishlist? Well then, to hell with the strategy games. We must get more games for Moon to make her wishlist nice and long. How about all the other Lucas Arts adventure games?
*big hug*
That would certainly be nice. Even if I'd only add them to the wishlist for backup purpose of my disks ;-)
*big return hug*
moonshineshadow: That would certainly be nice. Even if I'd only add them to the wishlist for backup purpose of my disks ;-)
*big return hug*
Maybe we will get some new adventure games that are just like the old Lucas Arts games. Of course, then the challenge would be to gift them to you before you just buy them for yourself. :-)

*big return hug*
ddickinson: I already new your name from before the times of the Birdnest. Moomin Adam, as it would be in Moomin valley. :-)

A classic would be nice, but what kind of strategy game? I am not a fan of the Paradox ones, way too time consuming and complex. A nice RTS would be nice, maybe the classic C&C games, or Warcraft 1-3, or Starcraft 1 with a HD patch for better resolution. :-)
I haven't tried the Paradox ones, because they don't really appeal to me. I usually prefer my strategy in real-time, like the ones you mentioned. I would love to see C&C here of course. Starcraft "HD" would be lovely- I tried that game for the first time about a decade ago, but just couldn't get into it because of the resolution. It gave me a headache after a while (I guess I am a graphics snob :-p)
Homeworld looks interesting, and I'd love to play it but I'm not quite willing to buy the "remastered" edition from a developer that I don't like on a rental service. If the original showed up here, I might give it a try though.
Company of Heroes was an enjoyable game; I'd love to see it DRM-free here.
Codename: Panzers was another WW2 one that wasn't bad either. I have a CD copy, but I think it uses Starforce DRM, so I hesitate to re-install it.
I always keep a lookout for one called "Empires: Dawn of the Modern World" (I think from Activision.) The game takes place over several different eras. You play during medieval (<--- I spelled that right on my first try ^^) times, the gunpowder age, WW2... Sounds like an interesting concept. I think there is trouble selling it because multiplayer doesn't work anymore, or so I've heard.
Supreme Commander is a pretty fun one. A lot like Total Annihilation (same developers, I think.) Would love to see it DRM free over here.
I'd even be interested in playing the Halo RTS, but I'm not ever sure if that one is on PC :-p
moonshineshadow: That would certainly be nice. Even if I'd only add them to the wishlist for backup purpose of my disks ;-)
*big return hug*
ddickinson: Maybe we will get some new adventure games that are just like the old Lucas Arts games. Of course, then the challenge would be to gift them to you before you just buy them for yourself. :-)
*big return hug*
Or RPGs that are like Gothic *unrealistic dreams*
But hey, it has been a while since I bought myself a game and since I reached my 40% finished goal, it would be nice to reward myself :P
AgentBirdnest: I haven't tried the Paradox ones, because they don't really appeal to me. I usually prefer my strategy in real-time, like the ones you mentioned. I would love to see C&C here of course. Starcraft "HD" would be lovely- I tried that game for the first time about a decade ago, but just couldn't get into it because of the resolution. It gave me a headache after a while (I guess I am a graphics snob :-p)
Homeworld looks interesting, and I'd love to play it but I'm not quite willing to buy the "remastered" edition from a developer that I don't like on a rental service. If the original showed up here, I might give it a try though.
Company of Heroes was an enjoyable game; I'd love to see it DRM-free here.
Codename: Panzers was another WW2 one that wasn't bad either. I have a CD copy, but I think it uses Starforce DRM, so I hesitate to re-install it.
I always keep a lookout for one called "Empires: Dawn of the Modern World" (I think from Activision.) The game takes place over several different eras. You play during medieval (<--- I spelled that right on my first try ^^) times, the gunpowder age, WW2... Sounds like an interesting concept. I think there is trouble selling it because multiplayer doesn't work anymore, or so I've heard.
Supreme Commander is a pretty fun one. A lot like Total Annihilation (same developers, I think.) Would love to see it DRM free over here.
I'd even be interested in playing the Halo RTS, but I'm not ever sure if that one is on PC :-p
I prefer my Medieval 2 Total War over the Paradox ones, as they mix RTS with TBS, plus you get cool full scale battles rather than just the Risk type board. Starcraft with HD resolution would be nice. There was an unofficial patch years ago that allowed that, but I can't find it these days, but it did show it was possible. But I would not want a HD remake, just a HD patch. Starcraft 1 and the expansion are two of my all time favourite RTS games ever, and I would hate Activision-Blizzard to remake it and ruin it all.

The Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War games would be a nice addition, even if the games did get worse with each expansion, and the second games are just a poor re-skin of a WW2 game. They would not be an insta-buy for me, but definitely on a good sale so I could back up my discs.

The other games you mentioned sound good as well, let's hope we get them sometime, but not really likely sadly. Did Halo make a RTS game? I have never played the Halo games, but I always thought they were FPS.

moonshineshadow: Or RPGs that are like Gothic *unrealistic dreams*
But hey, it has been a while since I bought myself a game and since I reached my 40% finished goal, it would be nice to reward myself :P
So I need to go talk to the developers about making Gothic 4 then. But only on condition they ban Moon from busying it so we get to gift it to her. :-)

You have reached your 40% goal? That is impressive. I think I am at about 9%, with no chance of getting to 40% anytime soon.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by ddickinson
moonshineshadow: Or RPGs that are like Gothic *unrealistic dreams*
ddickinson: So I need to go talk to the developers about making Gothic 4 then. But only on condition they ban Moon from busying it so we get to gift it to her. :-)
If they'd ever make a proper Gothic 4, there is nothing you could do to stop me from pre-ordering the physical collector's edition as soon as it was possible ;-)
moonshineshadow: If they'd ever make a proper Gothic 4, there is nothing you could do to stop me from pre-ordering the physical collector's edition as soon as it was possible ;-)
I could rally the thread to do some kidnapping. Then we keep you locked in Owl's oubliette until after the game is released. The we let you go and gift you the collector's edition, signed by all the developers with lots of goodies that we forced them to give us to stop Agent burning their offices to the ground. :-)
ddickinson: I prefer my Medieval 2 Total War over the Paradox ones, as they mix RTS with TBS, plus you get cool full scale battles rather than just the Risk type board. Starcraft with HD resolution would be nice. There was an unofficial patch years ago that allowed that, but I can't find it these days, but it did show it was possible. But I would not want a HD remake, just a HD patch. Starcraft 1 and the expansion are two of my all time favourite RTS games ever, and I would hate Activision-Blizzard to remake it and ruin it all.

The Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War games would be a nice addition, even if the games did get worse with each expansion, and the second games are just a poor re-skin of a WW2 game. They would not be an insta-buy for me, but definitely on a good sale so I could back up my discs.

The other games you mentioned sound good as well, let's hope we get them sometime, but not really likely sadly. Did Halo make a RTS game? I have never played the Halo games, but I always thought they were FPS.
I played a decent amount of Empire: Total War. I love cannons and muskets :-) It was decent fun, but not without some annoying problems. The AI seemed to be not very I at all, and naval battles got to be a real drag. Still, it wasn't a bad game, and I played about 20 hours or so of it.
I've played a bit of each of the Dawn of War games, and found them enjoyable. Even DoW2. I might pick up one or two of my missing ones if they showed up here...

Halo is an FPS, yes. They made one RTS spinoff a few years ago. I didn't like the FPS ones at all, so I wonder if I'd enjoy Halo more in an entirely different genre :-)
Hello everyone *big hugs and waves*

Currently having a break again. Hope you're all doing fine :)