It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

superstande: Yeah... hope you get some snow soon!
I was just thinking about Berlin... Just because I found this subway map with lots of restaurants included, and another one for bars :) ... Also having lived a few years in a small town, big cities start to become quite attractive as destinations :)
Just a short easy trip first.
Berlin is supposed to be quite nice. Capital cities often have lots of lovely things for tourists. I hope you and your wife have a great time.
Came to check if anyone else is having the menu bar issue, looks like some of you are. I wonder if it's related to having Barefoot Essentials installed?
ddickinson: Good afternoon.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with a few things. I hope they will get better for you with time. How are you besides those unfortunate feelings?

Nothing much new, just a overpriced mobile port. :-)

*big hug*
Besides feeling very uncomfortable with nearly everything I'm rather alright thank you :)

It's mainly the neverending Ram-hogging about bad stuff in your brain and the continuous gut wrenching/clenching feeling that is rather working on my system, if you can imagine. Imagine a melody that's stuck in your head. Imagine very emphaticly tinged scenes of cruelty and bigotry in the same way now.

... Now imagine being a natural pessimist :p

But coming to this thread always clouds that over for a while. Music (both writing and listening) and chatting with my brother about nothing serious helps too.

But at least I am physically okay, hear me ramble ... I hope you yourself aren't doing to bad currently? :/

*big hotwater footbath and a hug*
ddickinson: Berlin is supposed to be quite nice. Capital cities often have lots of lovely things for tourists. I hope you and your wife have a great time.
Thank you :)
Are you going to do any traveling this year?

by the way, another cool thing would be, if one had lots and lots of money... to go to Poland and visit the GOG offices :) ... then take funny pictures... in my case after a few beers, trying to get into the offices and telling everyone their site is awesome until they threw me out :P
Post edited February 03, 2016 by superstande
IAmSinistar: Came to check if anyone else is having the menu bar issue, looks like some of you are. I wonder if it's related to having Barefoot Essentials installed?
I don't have it installed and I am having the same problems.

Vnlr: Besides feeling very uncomfortable with nearly everything I'm rather alright thank you :)

It's mainly the neverending Ram-hogging about bad stuff in your brain and the continuous gut wrenching/clenching feeling that is rather working on my system, if you can imagine. Imagine a melody that's stuck in your head. Imagine very emphaticly tinged scenes of cruelty and bigotry in the same way now.

... Now imagine being a natural pessimist :p

But coming to this thread always clouds that over for a while. Music (both writing and listening) and chatting with my brother about nothing serious helps too.

But at least I am physically okay, hear me ramble ... I hope you yourself aren't doing to bad currently? :/

*big hotwater footbath and a hug*
While not the same, I know how it feels to have a feeling of foreboding about certain things and having them slowly get to you. I do hope you will find a way to deal with the feeling and come to terms with things. It is never a nice feeling, but also one that can be hard to get past. I am glad to hear the forum helps a little. If there is ever anything we can do, feel free to ask.

I am not doing too well truth be told, but nothing I need to bother anyone with. And don't worry about your rambling, feel free to do so all you like.

*big hug*

superstande: Thank you :)

by the way, another cool thing would be, if one had lots and lots of money... to go to Poland and visit the GOG offices :) ... then take funny pictures... in my case after a few beers, trying to get into the offices and telling everyone their site is awesome until they threw me out :P
My plans reply on my health. All things being well me and my partner have some big plans this year, so I am not sure they leave much time for travelling. It would be nice to get to go to Norway for Christmas this year. We were due to go last year but I was not up to it.

They might give you a your. Awalterj visited the GOG HQ some time ago and I think Judas gave him a tour of the place, and some free goodies.
Post edited February 03, 2016 by ddickinson
superstande: Thank you :)

My Elder Brother visited Praag once, a few years ago. Reportedly, it's a magnificent city.

But I wouldn't know, I always mistrust cities. Waay too many human creatures on a tight plot of land for comfort ... a sound recipe for trouble ... :p
ddickinson: I don't have it installed and I am having the same problems.
Might be browser-related then. Curious that it would just suddenly pop into existence. And the fact that it is showing me Sign Up/Log In buttons while I am logged in tells me that there is something deeper. Possibly the forums are on a new host address.
IAmSinistar: Might be browser-related then. Curious that it would just suddenly pop into existence. And the fact that it is showing me Sign Up/Log In buttons while I am logged in tells me that there is something deeper. Possibly the forums are on a new host address.
According to the "What did just break" thread it is a problem on GOG's side, they said they will try to fix it soon.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread/post1248
ddickinson: Does Owl know you will just run away? :-)
Of course she does... How else do you think I got to be a Survivor? It's well known information ;-p
Post edited February 03, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Of course... How else do you think I got to be a Survivor? :-p
"He who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day!" :-)

But then again, there is this quote about those who run away:
"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once."
Vnlr: I'm trying to enforce my mental lockdown towards the outside world a bit more, it's beginning to work slowly. Imagine having exam stress. Now imagine having that all the time even after your exams are over and up till today for the past months. pff ...

I guess I could be off worse, but learning to not care is high up on my list of priorities ...
Be careful not to lockdown too much for too long. You'll end up stuck inside and never wanting to leave.
*big hug for the lovely Belgian*
ddickinson: "He who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day!" :-)

But then again, there is this quote about those who run away:
"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once."
Both good quotes... S'pose I'd better stop running :-\ *hangs up my running shoes*

I found a post yesterday that I'd never seen before, in the Thank the Fellows giveaway from a long time ago. You told a story about how I thought you were inactive, but you had only changed your avatar. I don't remember that, but in any case, reading your post made me smile really widely yesterday :-)
I had better be going. It has been lovely chatting, as always. I hope you all have a lovely day. Take care.

*hugs and silly waves*

AgentBirdnest: Both good quotes... S'pose I'd better stop running :-\ *hangs up my running shoes*

I found a post yesterday that I'd never seen before, in the Thank the Fellows giveaway from a long time ago. You told a story about how I thought you were inactive, but you had only changed your avatar. I don't remember that, but in any case, reading your post made me smile really widely yesterday :-)
It was in the early days of the thread I think, or at least the early days of us chatting. I can not remember it fully, but I do still a little. I thought it was very sweet, especially given that we did not talk much back then compared to now. I am glad it made you smile. I think if we did another thread like that all of the regulars on here would have to be nominated as you are all lovely.

*big hug*
ddickinson: It was in the early days of the thread I think, or at least the early days of us chatting. I can not remember it fully, but I do still a little. I thought it was very sweet, especially given that we did not talk much back then compared to now. I am glad it made you smile. I think if we did another thread like that all of the regulars on here would have to be nominated as you are all lovely.

*big hug*
*giggle* ... How silly of me n__o I've always been kinda bad at paying attention to usernames. I mostly pay attention to the avatars.
I counted up all the people I'd nominate/thank, and my list was 19 people, and I'm sure I was accidentally leaving a few out.

Have a nice day, Battle Sister. Take care of yourself.
*extra big hug*
ddickinson: I had better be going. It has been lovely chatting, as always. I hope you all have a lovely day. Take care.

*hugs and silly waves*
Have a good time/day now! *goodbye, for now - hugs*
ddickinson: According to the "What did just break" thread it is a problem on GOG's side, they said they will try to fix it soon.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread/post1248
Thanks Double-D, looks better here now.