It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Aww... you're right, I'm such a meanie...
*re-inflates the flattened DD, and gives her a big pile of beards for her beard-stealing campaign* :-p
And now you give me a big pile of dirty and possibly diseased beards? Just so that you can kill me again with some horrible disease, or a racoon that is hiding in there somewhere? You really are mean. Just wait until Owl finds out.

:'( <- So sad my bottom lip covers my nose.
ddickinson: And now you give me a big pile of dirty and possibly diseased beards? Just so that you can kill me again with some horrible disease, or a racoon that is hiding in there somewhere? You really are mean. Just wait until Owl finds out.

:'( <- So sad my bottom lip covers my nose.
No!! The complete opposite! The beards are to fight disease, not spread them! Haven't you heard that beard bacteria could be used as an antibiotic? :-) (I hadn't until a few minutes ago :-p)
Ho, no, don't tell my Empress... There are no blankets in the oubliette, and it is so cold down there :'-(',',',

Also, we have a new release on the front page :-)
Morning all, glad to see that everyone is OK or better. I fit that category too. ;)
*hugs and waves all around*

DD, you have blood on your nose!?
AgentBirdnest: No!! The complete opposite! The beards are to fight disease, not spread them! Haven't you heard that beard bacteria could be used as an antibiotic? :-) (I hadn't until a few minutes ago :-p)
Ho, no, don't tell my Empress... There are no blankets in the oubliette, and it is so cold down there :'-(',',',

Also, we have a new release on the front page :-)
Okay, I won't tell Owl. I will tell Chuck Norris instead that you stole his beards. :-)

*big silly hug*

What do you think of the new release?

EndreWhiteMane: Morning all, glad to see that everyone is OK or better. I fit that category too. ;)

DD, you have blood on your nose!?
Good morning! It is very good to hear you are doing okay or better. *big hug*

Blood nose? Buy my lip healed. Oh well, I will just tell Owl Agent did it. That should get him into more twubble. :-)

*big silly hug*
EndreWhiteMane: Morning all, glad to see that everyone is OK or better. I fit that category too. ;)
Good morning, Myster E! *big hug*
That's great to hear you are OK or better :-) *clinks glass of hot chocolate* Santé!
ddickinson: Okay, I won't tell Owl. I will tell Chuck Norris instead that you stole his beards. :-)

*big silly hug*

What do you think of the new release?
*phew* ... Chuck Norris doesn't even hold a candle to Owl, so I'm not worried :-p
*big return hug*

It looks interesting. The description says it is a mix between Terraria, Dungeon Keeper, and Dwarf Fortress. I haven't played the last one, but am a fan of the other two. I love games where I get to build stuff - cities, or castles, or an evil lair >:-) ... I think I'll keep an eye out. Hear what others have to say about it.
Post edited February 03, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
ddickinson: Glad to hear your day is going okay so far. I have never played that game, but hopefully you have lots of fun with it.

I don't mind the Winter, so I am fine with it lasting longer. Although I do wish we would get some snow before Winter is over.
Alright. Happy to hear you are appreciating the Winter :)
Everything is possible... We went from -29'C to +0'C in a few days :) ... and now it's going to get a bit more cold again...
AgentBirdnest: *phew* ... Chuck Norris doesn't even hold a candle to Owl, so I'm not worried :-p
*big return hug*

It looks interesting. The description says it is a mix between Terraria, Dungeon Keeper, and Dwarf Fortress. I haven't played the last one, but am a fan of the other two. I love games where I get to build stuff - cities, or castles, or an evil lair >:-) ... I think I'll keep an eye out. Hear what others have to say about it.
That is true, especially with her new secret army. :-)

The new game appears to be just another mobile port with no effort made for the PC version. Probably another game with little options, no keybindings, mobile aimed interface, and all the other fun stuff with lazy mobile ports.

superstande: Alright. Happy to hear you are appreciating the Winter :)
Everything is possible... We went from -29'C to +0'C in a few days :) ... and now it's going to get a bit more cold again...
That is a big jump in temperature. We tend to get a lot of rain more than snow, at least over the last few years. Are you looking forward to spring?
Post edited February 03, 2016 by ddickinson
I love how these lazy mobile ports make no effort to give PC functionality to their games, yet they are okay charging double or sometimes nearly three times as much. The game on iOS costs me £4.49, the GOG release at full price costs me £13.09. Developers really are honest and lovely these days. [/sarcasm]
ddickinson: That is a big jump in temperature. We tend to get a lot of rain more than snow, at least over the last few years. Are you looking forward to spring?
I've heard that England has a lot of rain, I guess it's really true. But listening to rain can be fun too, sometimes :) .. except if you are working outside, the "fun" can be a bit difficult to achieve, I guess.

Yeah... I am excited about spring... We are trying to save money to go traveling. Last year during spring and summer I stayed in Finland working even though I had holiday from one of my jobs... This year we'll have more freedom and can just go... somewhere :)
AgentBirdnest: *phew* ... Chuck Norris doesn't even hold a candle to Owl, so I'm not worried :-p
*big return hug*

ddickinson: That is true, especially with her new secret army. :-)

The new game appears to be just another mobile port with no effort made for the PC version. Probably another game with little options, no keybindings, mobile aimed interface, and all the other fun stuff with lazy mobile ports.
Weird thing is it doesn't appear to be available for Android, just iPad.
I had this on my Steam wishlist for a long time, finally got tired of reading about how brain-dead the AI is and took it off. It may be fun anyway but that would drive me nuts(er).
superstande: I've heard that England has a lot of rain, I guess it's really true. But listening to rain can be fun too, sometimes :) .. except if you are working outside, the "fun" can be a bit difficult to achieve, I guess.

Yeah... I am excited about spring... We are trying to save money to go traveling. Last year during spring and summer I stayed in Finland working even though I had holiday from one of my jobs... This year we'll have more freedom and can just go... somewhere :)
I guess being an island surrounded by the Atlantic as well as the North Sea will result in a lot of rain. I don't mind the rain, I normally work outdoors so I am used to it, but I do miss the lovely snow now and then.

That sounds lovely. Do you have any idea where you will be visiting during Spring?

EndreWhiteMane: Weird thing is it doesn't appear to be available for Android, just iPad.
I had this on my Steam wishlist for a long time, finally got tired of reading about how brain-dead the AI is and took it off. It may be fun anyway but that would drive me nuts(er).
One of the comments on the release thread mentions the AI being bad. I wonder why it is not on Android as well, perhaps they are unable to manage two builds, one for each device? I just wish they (mobile porters) would put some effort into it for the PC customers, and maybe, you know, not charge us more for the exact same thing. At least if they put in some effort for the port it could be justified, but just a lazy port charging so much.

But anyway, ignore me, I am in quite the cynical mood today. I just seem to be complaining about the gaming industry today.
ddickinson: That is true, especially with her new secret army. :-)

Secret army? ô__ô

Yeah, it sounds like 1849, which is $5 for the mobile version, and like $17 for the PC version... which I don't understand. I saw a couple reviews that didn't look so hot on metacritic, but didn't read them yet.
EndreWhiteMane: Weird thing is it doesn't appear to be available for Android, just iPad.
ddickinson: One of the comments on the release thread mentions the AI being bad. I wonder why it is not on Android as well, perhaps they are unable to manage two builds, one for each device? I just wish they (mobile porters) would put some effort into it for the PC customers, and maybe, you know, not charge us more for the exact same thing. At least if they put in some effort for the port it could be justified, but just a lazy port charging so much.

But anyway, ignore me, I am in quite the cynical mood today. I just seem to be complaining about the gaming industry today.
A Brit being cynical? Go figure. :-)
AgentBirdnest: Secret army? ô__ô

Yeah, it sounds like 1849, which is $5 for the mobile version, and like $17 for the PC version... which I don't understand. I saw a couple reviews that didn't look so hot on metacritic, but didn't read them yet.
Yes, one so incredible the US will fall in no time. An army beyond measure, made of France's finest, all ready and eager to fight and die for their Empress and the new French Empire! But don't worry, you are her Agent, I am sure she will spare you.

I remember that game being over-priced as well. That is another game that seemed to lack any real effort for the PC port. GOG sure likes to turn down full PC games but loves these poor mobile ports. :-)

EndreWhiteMane: A Brit being cynical? Go figure. :-)
I know, I must be special.

Or I could just be tired, warn out, annoyed, and some other things and letting them get to me a little. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: A Brit being cynical? Go figure. :-)
ddickinson: I know, I must be special.

Or I could just be tired, warn out, annoyed, and some other things and letting them get to me a little. :-)
Well, lets talk about one that looks good then, Thea: The Awakening looks awesome. I don't need it right now but I can certainly see my buying it soon.