It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: It's a mixed bag. Nintendo's trying to put another console together to get the taste of Wii-U out of people's mouths, Square-Enix is busy chopping every upcoming game they can into salable pieces. Capcom seems to be doing better, happier customers along with Street Fighter 5 on the way to be their flagship product for years to come.

Yes, Konami is doing a great job of stopping legendary franchises in their tracks. For such greedy people, they seem to have a strong aversion to making money. Maybe it's just too hard for them. They'd rather go the cheapest, easiest way they can.
Konami just felt that there's a lot more money to make from pachinko parlors. The development cost is merely a fraction of that of a videogame, and they get to exploit their old stablished IPs which means they don't have to invest a single dime in new designs. And think of all those bored gambling-addicted japanese constantly putting in quarters.
It's like an alcoholic dad pimping out his daughters.

As far as I know, the Wii-U is not a bad console itself, it's just that its gimmick didn't impress anyone.
Post edited February 03, 2016 by j0ekerr
*hugs everyone*
ddickinson: I once read that learning Japanese is similar to learning Spanish as the pronunciations are quite similar. I am not sure how accurate that is, or if I am remembering it correctly, so if I am wrong then just ignore me. :-)

Ah yes, the tentacles. Those poor school girls of Japan, constantly at risk of random sex starved tentacles. But I guess they need something to take their minds of their giant boobs which must give them horrible back pains. :-)
Not really, japanese has some weird syllables that don't have a direct correspondence, like "tsu" and all of the W sounds, the letter is in the spanish alphabet, but it's not used, just like k.
You could also compare it to italian, or finnish in the fact that each grapheme corresponds to only ONE phoneme. Which said in a less snobby way means. You get one sound to each letter and that's it! Unlike English whose pronunciation is all over the place. Seriously, how many different ways do you need of saying the letter "a"? It's downright confusing.That's why I didn't understand spelling bees in movies when I was a kid, and thought that american kids must be very stupid for not knowing how to write a word they just heard.

Breast size is not uniform. There are two factions, the oppai and the pettanko supporters and they are at war about wether large or small is best.
pimpmonkey2382.313: *hugs everyone*
Good morning!

Sorry to hear about your recent health worries. I really hope that the doctors will be able to offer something to help.

How are you feeling today?

j0ekerr: Not really, japanese has some weird syllables that don't have a direct correspondence, like "tsu" and all of the W sounds, the letter is in the spanish alphabet, but it's not used, just like k.
You could also compare it to italian, or finnish in the fact that each grapheme corresponds to only ONE phoneme. Which said in a less snobby way means. You get one sound to each letter and that's it! Unlike English whose pronunciation is all over the place. Seriously, how many different ways do you need of saying the letter "a". It's downright confusing.That's why I didn't understand spelling bees in movies when I was a kid, and thought that american kids must be very stupid for not knowing how to write a word they just heard.

Breast size is not uniform. There are two factions, the oppai and the pettanko supporters and they are at war about wether large or small is best.
I guess English pronunciation is down to the language being made up of several, Old English primarily, but then there are German, French, Latin, and others influences scattered around. But at least it keeps those foreigners on their toes while trying to speak English. The English speaking regions tend to be more supportive and accepting of people speaking broken English, yet I have heard of some places that won't give the time of day for someone not speaking their language correctly.

I have no idea what Oppai and Pettanko is, but given Japan and the topic I can probably imagine. :-)
Just a quick Good afternoon everyone *big hugs and waves*
Hope you're all doing at least ok :)
ElTerprise: Just a quick Good afternoon everyone *big hugs and waves*
*quick return hug and "good afternoon"* Hope the same for you, Mr Space Fish :-)
ElTerprise: Just a quick Good afternoon everyone *big hugs and waves*
Good afternoon, ELT!

How is your day so far?

*return hug*
AgentBirdnest: *quick return hug and "good afternoon"* Hope the same for you, Mr Space Fish :-)
Hey Agent *big hug*. Thank you. I'm fine. How are you?
I see you're playing FTL again :)

ddickinson: Good afternoon, ELT!

How is your day so far?

*return hug*
Hey DD *big hug*
I'm fine but the class is quite demanding today. What about you?
ElTerprise: Hey Agent *big hug*. Thank you. I'm fine. How are you?
I see you're playing FTL again :)
Good to hear. I'm doing pretty well today. Feeling a bit better than yesterday, and still smiling as always :-)
Yeah... I'm definitely not a "Survivor" when it comes to FTL XD
ElTerprise: Hey DD *big hug*
I'm fine but the class is quite demanding today. What about you?
Glad to hear you are doing fine. Are you done with your classes for today?

I am doing about the same, although Agent keeps tempting me to get FLT, which I might do when it comes on sale. :-)
I just had lunch, the TV was on. They were talking about politics.

Aaah politics.

Does anyone remember the great cock-up of the 2000 presidential election?
That was cute.
ddickinson: Glad to hear you are doing fine. Are you done with your classes for today?

I am doing about the same, although Agent keeps tempting me to get FLT, which I might do when it comes on sale. :-)
Do it! Do it!
And remember that there are two ways of playing FTL.
One is the filthy casual way.
The other is to don some red and black pajamas, then get somebody to press the buttons for you while you sit behind them on a high chair and say "Divert all power to aft shields", "Increase engine power to 90%", "Fire all proton torpedoes on my signal!" and "make it so" at random intervals.
j0ekerr: Do it! Do it!
And remember that there are two ways of playing FTL.
One is the filthy casual way.
The other is to don some red and black pajamas, then get somebody to press the buttons for you while you sit behind them on a high chair and say "Divert all power to aft shields", "Increase engine power to 90%", "Fire all proton torpedoes on my signal!" and "make it so" at random intervals.
It was recently on sale on Humble for 75% off, so as soon as it gets 75% off on GOG I might pick it up.

Who the hell wants to be a Star Trek captain? I would rather be some kick arse captain who is not just a stickler for the Federation. But Patrick Stewart was the best captain. :-)
ddickinson: I am doing about the same, although Agent keeps tempting me to get FLT, which I might do when it comes on sale. :-)
>:-)►
What's really great is that the game can be pauses at any moment. You can take time to think, order your crew to different spots, manage your power, and target the other ship while paused. Or just take a little break to slow things down if the action gets too intense.
Plus, who doesn't like mind-control? Nothing like mind controlling an enemy mantis and letting him tear up his own crew :-)

[/evil] :-)
AgentBirdnest: Good to hear. I'm doing pretty well today. Feeling a bit better than yesterday, and still smiling as always :-)
Yeah... I'm definitely not a "Survivor" when it comes to FTL XD
Me neither.... xD
Thank you. Glad to hear that :)

ddickinson: Glad to hear you are doing fine. Are you done with your classes for today?

Thanks. Not yet. Class will go on for some hours ...
That doesn't sound too bad. FTL is a great game :)

Alright. My break is over. Wish you all a great day. Take care and see you later :)
AgentBirdnest: >:-)►
What's really great is that the game can be pauses at any moment. You can take time to think, order your crew to different spots, manage your power, and target the other ship while paused. Or just take a little break to slow things down if the action gets too intense.
Plus, who doesn't like mind-control? Nothing like mind controlling an enemy mantis and letting him tear up his own crew :-)

[/evil] :-)
Ha, I already know all that, so your evil taunting failed. :-p

*rips off Agent's pointy beard and runs away, turning Agent from this: >:-)► to this: :'-( *

ElTerprise: Thanks. Not yet. Class will go on for some hours ...
That doesn't sound too bad. FTL is a great game :)

Alright. My break is over. Wish you all a great day. Take care and see you later :)
Well good look withy our class and have a lovely day. *big studying hug*