It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good evening everybody !
Hope you're all feeling well...
**Big hugs with wine**
AgentBirdnest: Bah... I'm well enough to complain ;-) I don't have a pole. Maybe I could just dance with a mop instead? :-)
There is a bit of snow, for a change. It's usually to warm and too dry here, but we've had a strange winter. It's very cool to see this otherwise brown city covered in white.

*big amazing hug*
No pole? Did they kick you out of the strip club already? You did remember the $1 bills? :-)

Most places seem to have strange weather these days. Probably due to fluctuations with the sun, or a change of the Earth's axis. And of course we humans like to help as well with all the pollution. :-)

I love the snow, when we get it. The countryside looks so lovely, and we get to make snowmen and have snowball fights, which is a lot of fun.

Empress_Owl: Good evening everybody !
**Big hugs with wine**
*big evening hug for the lovely Owl who I hope has survived Monday with minimal injuries* :-)
Post edited February 01, 2016 by ddickinson
**Big hugs with wine**
Hiya Empress!
*squeeze*
ddickinson: I have never heard of that language. I mainly stuck to C or code similar to C. Strange... you mention geography and that you are not an evil scientist, yet now you are learning programming. No doubt to create evil code and for hacking as part of your evil mad scientist role. :-)

*big silly hug*
I'd like to learn C++ at some point. R is a much more limited language which is onyl suited for statistics...
Well i already knew some BASIC - which i learned in school but that's not of any use anymore ;)

*big return hug*

**Big hugs with wine**
Good evening Owl *big hug*
I'm fine - what about you?
ElTerprise: I'd like to learn C++ at some point. R is a much more limited language which is onyl suited for statistics...
Well i already knew some BASIC - which i learned in school but that's not of any use anymore ;)

*big return hug*
C++ is quite a good langue from what I saw. C# is similar, but has more safety steps in place. This makes it a bit slower, but safer for a lot of things (but due to this you can do things in C++ that you can't with C#). Both are object orientated languages, so learning either of them will give you a decent understanding of other programming languages that are also objective based.
ddickinson: I jumped opening the door to the library when the thing happens. :-)
Yeah, I kind of was prepared for that one. ;-)

Good to know that the camera is "optional". I'll see how I'm going to use it.
toxicTom: Yeah, I kind of was prepared for that one. ;-)

Good to know that the camera is "optional". I'll see how I'm going to use it.
There is a really nice effect on the camera later on in the game which I thought was nice. It's funny you mention the lack of weapons, I have heard a few people complain about that. But that is the point of the game. They complain that they could just pick something up and use it as a weapon in real life, but it is a game, not real life. They don't complain on FPS games when you can't open a door yet have a shotgun. In real life I would just shoot open the door.

I don't think you will miss too much without the camera. Maybe use it when you think you are looking at something important, just in case you get a note. I wonder why they made it require to hold the camera to get notes, as it seem a little silly. Maybe to encourage people to use it all the time. I got used to it rather quickly and forgot it was there, if that makes sense. If you need any tips on the game, feel free to ask. And I hope you enjoy it. It is not perfect, but it is a prime example of what Indie developers can do.
ddickinson: C++ is quite a good langue from what I saw. C# is similar, but has more safety steps in place. This makes it a bit slower, but safer for a lot of things (but due to this you can do things in C++ that you can't with C#). Both are object orientated languages, so learning either of them will give you a decent understanding of other programming languages that are also objective based.
C++ is one of the most useful languages to know, because it's so universal. And it really teaches you the basic of (high level) object oriented programming. C# and Java are easier in that you don't have to worry about memory allocation, garbage collection and stuff like that, but I find it rather useful to understand how it really works under the hood before moving on to more abstraction.
toxicTom: C++ is one of the most useful languages to know, because it's so universal. And it really teaches you the basic of (high level) object oriented programming. C# and Java are easier in that you don't have to worry about memory allocation, garbage collection and stuff like that, but I find it rather useful to understand how it really works under the hood before moving on to more abstraction.
I knew someone could explain it better than I could. :-)
ddickinson: C++ is quite a good langue from what I saw. C# is similar, but has more safety steps in place. This makes it a bit slower, but safer for a lot of things (but due to this you can do things in C++ that you can't with C#). Both are object orientated languages, so learning either of them will give you a decent understanding of other programming languages that are also objective based.
Thanks. I know literally nothing about C++ or other C related languages :)
ElTerprise: Thanks. I know literally nothing about C++ or other C related languages :)
Well I am far from an expect, so consider me to know almost nothing about those languages. :-)
ddickinson: Well I am far from an expect, so consider me to know almost nothing about those languages. :-)
But even then you know a lot more than me about them :)
ElTerprise: But even then you know a lot more than me about them :)
I am pretty sure you could Google it and know more than I do in a few minutes. :-)
I just touched on it all when I was at university (and forgot most of it due to never needing it). I do know HTML and CSS a bit more in depth, but not really programming like C.
ddickinson: I am pretty sure you could Google it and know more than I do in a few minutes. :-)
I just touched on it all when I was at university (and forgot most of it due to never needing it). I do know HTML and CSS a bit more in depth, but not really programming like C.
But what if i'd use another search engine *silly hug* ;)
I see. Well i used to know a bit about HTML (learned a bit of it in School as well) but i completely forgot it :)
ElTerprise: But what if i'd use another search engine *silly hug* ;)
I see. Well i used to know a bit about HTML (learned a bit of it in School as well) but i completely forgot it :)
I am pretty much sure the same applies. A few minutes you will know more than I remember about it all. :-)