It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

XxXSprayvWarXxX: No problem. I understand that!

I'm so sick, that I'm on the cough and watching some movies.
Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon.

zeogold: I don't know anything about politics. I'm just here to overuse the "overly-patriotic American" jokes.
No worries, I mean no offence by my comments, just some friendly banter. But you never know, some people take things too seriously so I thought I would just check you where not being fully serious. But luckily so far the Americans on the thread are lovely people who are smart enough to know better.
zeogold: I don't know anything about politics. I'm just here to overuse the "overly-patriotic American" jokes.
ddickinson: No worries, I mean no offence by my comments, just some friendly banter. But you never know, some people take things too seriously so I thought I would just check you where not being fully serious. But luckily so far the Americans on the thread are lovely people who are smart enough to know better.
Me neither. I make it a rule never to take things too seriously or to let myself be taken too seriously either. Otherwise, we get places like this, essentially the polar opposite of this thread.
Post edited January 31, 2016 by zeogold
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Thank you so much! Jurassic World.
zeogold: Where're you getting all these movies? Redbox?
ddickinson: No worries, I mean no offence by my comments, just some friendly banter. But you never know, some people take things too seriously so I thought I would just check you where not being fully serious. But luckily so far the Americans on the thread are lovely people who are smart enough to know better.
zeogold: Me neither. I make it a rule never to take things too seriously or to let myself be taken too seriously either. Otherwise, we get places like this, essentially the polar opposite of this thread.
I don't know what Redbox is. I just purchased them from my local technology store.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: No problem. I understand that!

I'm so sick, that I'm on the cough and watching some movies.
ddickinson: Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon.

It's okay. Thank you so much! :)
Post edited January 31, 2016 by XxXSprayvWarXxX
zeogold: Where're you getting all these movies? Redbox?

Me neither. I make it a rule never to take things too seriously or to let myself be taken too seriously either. Otherwise, we get places like this, essentially the polar opposite of this thread.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: I don't know what Redbox is. I just purchased them from my local technology store.
Yeah, I deleted that comment, but apparently you caught me. It dawned on me that you'd have no idea what it is since you're from Greece. I just kinda have this tendency, since everybody speaks such perfect English, to automatically assume everybody else is an American (it comes from BEING an American, really).
zeogold: Me neither. I make it a rule never to take things too seriously or to let myself be taken too seriously either. Otherwise, we get places like this, essentially the polar opposite of this thread.
Probably because there are grown ups in here, so we tend to just ignore anyone who is being a jerk. People take things way to personally when it comes to politics and things, especially online.
We've had trouble with heating for the last few days. Now it has died completely, not even warm water.
There has been a technician around this morning, trying to keep the system running until the replacement that they need arrives (not before tomorrow...), but obviously it didn't work for long. Slowly it's becoming very cold in here.

:-(
ddickinson: Probably because there are grown ups in here
Me and virus girl count?
XxXSprayvWarXxX: I don't know what Redbox is. I just purchased them from my local technology store.
zeogold: Yeah, I deleted that comment, but apparently you caught me. It dawned on me that you'd have no idea what it is since you're from Greece. I just kinda have this tendency, since everybody speaks such perfect English, to automatically assume everybody else is an American (it comes from BEING an American, really).
Hehe! I'm so quick! :) It's okay, I understand what you are trying to say! :) No problem.
ElTerprise: That's the one i have. I use it for single cups regularly and the good thing is that the pods you need for it are actually fully biodegrable :)
That looks nice...
Now trying to figure out how to justify buying another device that makes coffee.
toxicTom: We've had trouble with heating for the last few days. Now it has died completely, not even warm water.
There has been a technician around this morning, trying to keep the system running until the replacement that they need arrives (not before tomorrow...), but obviously it didn't work for long. Slowly it's becoming very cold in here.

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that! Wish you luck getting warmed up!
toxicTom: We've had trouble with heating for the last few days. Now it has died completely, not even warm water.

Sorry to hear that. It is very cold in your part of Germany?

zeogold: Me and virus girl count?
Who is virus girl?
zeogold: Me and virus girl count?
ddickinson: Who is virus girl?
The sick one. XxXSpray-somethin'-or-other-that-I'm-too-dang-lazy-to-type-out.

XxXSprayvWarXxX: Hehe! I'm so quick! :) It's okay, I understand what you are trying to say! :) No problem.
Her.^
Post edited January 31, 2016 by zeogold

Frigging wonderful. Figuring the technician already got paid, any chance of getting them to come back since their jury rig failed?
zeogold: The sick one. XxXSpray-somethin'-or-other-that-I'm-too-dang-lazy-to-type-out.
What makes you think XxXSprayvWarXxX is a girl?
ddickinson: Probably because there are grown ups in here, so we tend to just ignore anyone who is being a jerk. People take things way to personally when it comes to politics and things, especially online.
This, and also the (perceived) anonymity tempts people into very aggressively "conveying" their views, or even outright trolling. I doubt most people would be as impolite and rude if you would talk to them face to face.

On the other hand, the old "atheist" thread was a positive example that a civilized discussion is possible even about very sensitive and touchy subjects. But maybe that was just the "exception proving the rule".