It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vnlr: The Japanese do have a very interesting history, but rather too much bloodshed to my liking (although we Westerners really can't just judge others by the amount of bloodshed in their histories, we have plenty of that ourselves, maybe even more than most).

Belgium is, at best, an incomprehensible mess; Even most Belgians haven given up trying to understand their country :)

and [url=https://soundcloud.com/vnlr-1/elegy-du-pays-mosan-no-2]Here, maybe not the most cheerful stuff around, but I hope it will be of some support/comfort :)
Part of who we are. We are animals, and animals do enjoy some bloodlust now and then. But it is not really the bloodshed I like, I am a historian at heart, so I do find wars and things fascinating form a historical aspect, but as with any nation, there is often much more than just the bad aspects of a nation. I enjoy the Japanese mythology, their class system with the Samurai and things, their castles and architecture.

Thank you for the music. I will bookmark it and give it a listen tomorrow as I can't listen to it at the moment due to it being quite late.

*big thank you hug*
ddickinson: Part of who we are. We are animals, and animals do enjoy some bloodlust now and then. But it is not really the bloodshed I like, I am a historian at heart, so I do find wars and things fascinating form a historical aspect, but as with any nation, there is often much more than just the bad aspects of a nation. I enjoy the Japanese mythology, their class system with the Samurai and things, their castles and architecture.

Thank you for the music. I will bookmark it and give it a listen tomorrow as I can't listen to it at the moment due to it being quite late.

*big thank you hug*
All too unfortunate and all too true :(
Although I often detect a hint of cynical amusent in myself when reading books on the evolution of warfare. Takes quite a species to perfect genocide to such a degree that it nearly becomes an art of great strategists. When all kinds of mad destructive technologies get involved, it gets even funnier in a horrible way. But that might just be despicable me ...

I still think we'd be better of if we switched to a matriarchal system, but then I'm a total weirdo :D

Far eastern architecture and mythology are indeed very interesting. I've always loved Buddhist art and the great castles. As a communist of sorts, I'm not a big fan of class structures though :p

Edit: "the man with the hammer" just came past - I think I'm slowly creeping of bedwards :p
Post edited January 31, 2016 by Vnlr
ddickinson: I feel at a loss with just the number I have at the moment, I don't know how I would be if I had all the games you do (I hope that comes off right, I don't mean that in a mean way). I guess someday your list will run out, unless you buY all the shovelware, there seems to be an endless supply of that. :-)
-laughs- It's okay. I honestly never intended to end up with as many as I have now. It just kept growing, and growing, and growing.
Thankfully, I have no intention of going that far. If it's good to me, I'll grab it. But I'm not grabbing everything just for the sake of having it all.
@DD: hahaha on the new pic. a reacher would be nice. and yeah, i was feeling bad about derailing the thread too. :)
ddickinson: I feel at a loss with just the number I have at the moment, I don't know how I would be if I had all the games you do (I hope that comes off right, I don't mean that in a mean way). I guess someday your list will run out, unless you buY all the shovelware, there seems to be an endless supply of that. :-)
CarrionCrow: It just kept growing, and growing, and growing.
Thankfully, I have no intention of going that far. If it's good to me, I'll grab it. But I'm not grabbing everything just for the sake of having it all.
lol taking things out of context.
Post edited January 31, 2016 by Crewdroog
CarrionCrow: -laughs- It's okay. I honestly never intended to end up with as many as I have now. It just kept growing, and growing, and growing.
He, I feel a bit blessed with my very niche RTS/4X interest in games now; I think I just about own all the games that interest me, that have been released in ever, both board and video games. And that's really not that many games :)

On the other hand, nothing new gets released that scratches my itches, ever, and I'm always stuck with the same 50 games ... pro's and cons I guess ...

Although I will occasionally buy something that looks like it could be fun here on GOG. Saint's row has been a blast so far :)

Anyway, good night everybody! Stay well! (Or have a good night's rest worth of recovery)!! *good night hugs, hands his massive cap to Agent for now*
Vnlr: All too unfortunate and all too true :(
Although I often detect a hint of cynical amusent in myself when reading books on the evolution of warfare. Takes quite a species to perfect genocide to such a degree that it nearly becomes an art of great strategists. When all kinds of mad destructive technologies get involved, it gets even funnier in a horrible way. But that might just be despicable me ...

I still think we'd be better of if we switched to a matriarchal system, but then I'm a total weirdo :D

Far eastern architecture and mythology are indeed very interesting. I've always loved Buddhist art and the great castles. As a communist of sorts, I'm not a big fan of class structures though :p

Edit: "the man with the hammer" just came past - I think I'm slowly creeping of bedwards :p
I think any system would fail to some extent, as I said, it is our nature. We do the same things really these days that we did in the dark ages. The only real difference is we discovered better technology to kill each other with.

I would not say I like class systems, Britain being well know in it's past for her class system, one that to some extent still exists, but I do find them interesting how different nations developed them.

Have a nice journey bedwards. Goodnight and pleasant dreams.

CarrionCrow: -laughs- It's okay. I honestly never intended to end up with as many as I have now. It just kept growing, and growing, and growing.
I can see how people build big collections these days, especially on Steam and with all the bundles. At least you only pick up games you would like to play, I have seen some pick up games just for the sake of it, as though they were trying to collect them all.

Crewdroog: @DD: hahaha on the new pic. a reacher would be nice. and yeah, i was feeling bad about derailing the thread too. :)
It would be nice, but I am not sure how practical it would be after you get the toilet paper. :-)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qTvQjNStmFM/U5hHfebdIpI/AAAAAAAARuo/MIE5iQbiDYI/s1600/trex+crap.jpg
Post edited January 31, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: I think any system would fail to some extent, as I said, it is our nature. We do the same things really these days that we did in the dark ages. The only real difference is we discovered better technology to kill each other with.

I would not say I like class systems, Britain being well know in it's past for her class system, one that to some extent still exists, but I do find them interesting how different nations developed them.

Have a nice journey bedwards. Goodnight and pleasant dreams.

I can see how people build big collections these days, especially on Steam and with all the bundles. At least you only pick up games you would like to play, I have seen some pick up games just for the sake of it, as though they were trying to collect them all.

It would be nice, but I am not sure how practical it would be after you get the toilet paper. :-)
hmm, i guess the neighbor's front yard will still have to do.
Crewdroog: hmm, i guess the neighbor's front yard will still have to do.
The phantom T-Rex teepeer (no idea how to spell that one).

And the picture I was too late to add to my earlier post. :-)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qTvQjNStmFM/U5hHfebdIpI/AAAAAAAARuo/MIE5iQbiDYI/s1600/trex+crap.jpg
Crewdroog: hmm, i guess the neighbor's front yard will still have to do.
ddickinson: The phantom T-Rex teepeer (no idea how to spell that one).

haha omg i want that on a t-shirt!

nah, I just rub my butt across the lawn. the grass stains suck though :(
edit: It IS on a t-shirt!
Post edited January 31, 2016 by Crewdroog
ddickinson: The phantom T-Rex teepeer (no idea how to spell that one).

Crewdroog: haha omg i want that on a t-shirt!

Endre won't be very happy about this.

And it must suck when you hit a sprinkler while dragging your butt across the lawn. :-)
ddickinson: I can see how people build big collections these days, especially on Steam and with all the bundles. At least you only pick up games you would like to play, I have seen some pick up games just for the sake of it, as though they were trying to collect them all.
Yeah...that's pretty nonsensical to me. I've bought way too many things, but even I'm not going to buy things just to buy them.

ddickinson: And it must suck when you hit a sprinkler while dragging your butt across the lawn. :-)
Nonsense! It works like a bidet!

ddickinson: And it must suck when you hit a sprinkler while dragging your butt across the lawn. :-)
well if it's on, it's a free colon cleanse. stupid yuppies paying good money for that, pssh, i get it for free!
CarrionCrow: Yeah...that's pretty nonsensical to me. I've bought way too many things, but even I'm not going to buy things just to buy them.
How ever will you cope with the exciting sales once you own all the GOG games you want. :-)

Speaking of sales, I was reading that since Steam introduced refunds they have stopped doing flash sales and things during their promos, possibly to prevent refunds due to the price change of games. Not sure how true that theory is, or if it e even true as I don't follow the Steam sales.