It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crewdroog: lol

alright, i have to be up very very early for stupid work. good night everyone!
Goodnight, Crew. Sleep well and pleasant dreams.

*big goodnight hug*
ddickinson: I think the refund system on Steam should be a bit more strict to prevent people using it like a trial service for games, especially as the chances are Steam still keeps its cut of the sale, meaning the developer/publisher would lose money each time. I don't know if that is how it works, but someone once told me some of the mobile stores do that, so I would think Steam would not want to miss out as well. That way there is no risk to Steam as they would profit no matter what if they kept their commission.
Right now, I think the time limit on game refunds is 2 hours. That should be sufficient to cut off at least some of the people doing what you mentioned. I also think the refund is at Steam's discretion, so if people keep using it frivolously, they'll refuse to return the money.

Not sure on that one, haven't ever looked into it. Hopefully the process is more discerning, since I've seen a few titles where the developer really deserves to have to pay it back, since they put out broken crap.
Crewdroog: hell yeah, i'm a t-rex dammit. how else am i gonna wipe?
-laughing hard- Now there's a mental image.

Have a good night, sleep well. =)
Post edited January 31, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Right now, I think the time limit on game refunds is 2 hours. That should be sufficient to cut off at least some of the people doing what you mentioned. I also think the refund is at Steam's discretion, so if people keep using it frivolously, they'll refuse to return the money.

Not sure on that one, haven't ever looked into it. Hopefully the process is more discerning, since I've seen a few titles where the developer really deserves to have to pay it back, since they put out broken crap.
Sorry, I was mainly referring to those games on Steam that are actually DRM free. You could buy it, make a backup, then refund it. That way you get the game and the money back. Something I bet GOG is very careful about when giving refunds.

But business is all about money. Steam would lose money (even if only a little) by giving refunds. By keeping their commission there is no risk at all to them, just the developer. Which is fine if the game deserves to be refunded, but not those nice developers who are just the victim of people abusing the refund system.
ddickinson: Sorry, I was mainly referring to those games on Steam that are actually DRM free. You could buy it, make a backup, then refund it. That way you get the game and the money back. Something I bet GOG is very careful about when giving refunds.

But business is all about money. Steam would lose money (even if only a little) by giving refunds. By keeping their commission there is no risk at all to them, just the developer. Which is fine if the game deserves to be refunded, but not those nice developers who are just the victim of people abusing the refund system.
No need to apologize, I didn't get what you meant initially. If anything, people abusing the system like that just lead to Steam cracking down on things more and more.

I think they would do it in some cases, then refuse to give refunds all together after a while. Pretty sure it says emphatically that each refund request gets reviewed before you get your money back.
CarrionCrow: No need to apologize, I didn't get what you meant initially. If anything, people abusing the system like that just lead to Steam cracking down on things more and more.

I think they would do it in some cases, then refuse to give refunds all together after a while. Pretty sure it says emphatically that each refund request gets reviewed before you get your money back.
Maybe, but can you see Steam putting much effort into it and checking each case? I guess it depends if they keep their commission. If they do, then they really have nothing to lose as long as they have the monopoly. If they did not still profit from it, then they would no doubt review each review.

Anyway, I should at least try to get some sleep. I hate not being able to sleep like this as last time it lead to a set back for my health due to a prolonged lack of sleep. hopefully that is not the case this time.

Goodnight, as always it has been lovely chatting. Take care, and I hope you have a good rest of the day.

*goodnight hug*
Animals fed, me fed, dishes done and now I'm getting very sleeee....py.
ddickinson: *goodnight hug*
Night DD, I hope you sleep very well.
Post edited January 31, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Night DD, I hope you sleep very well.
*quick goodnight hug*

Take care, lovely Endre!
ddickinson: Goodnight, as always it has been lovely chatting. Take care, and I hope you have a good rest of the day.
*goodnight hug*
*big good night hug* Sleep well :-)
ddickinson: Maybe, but can you see Steam putting much effort into it and checking each case? I guess it depends if they keep their commission. If they do, then they really have nothing to lose as long as they have the monopoly. If they did not still profit from it, then they would no doubt review each review.

Anyway, I should at least try to get some sleep. I hate not being able to sleep like this as last time it lead to a set back for my health due to a prolonged lack of sleep. hopefully that is not the case this time.

Goodnight, as always it has been lovely chatting. Take care, and I hope you have a good rest of the day.

*goodnight hug*
I think they do in order to keep people from screwing them over. It's a way to protect their revenue.

I hope so too. Get as much rest as you can so you can feel better. Have a good night. =)
Soup! Soup!
Get it while it's hot!
ten dollars a plate! special price! only today!
superstande: Soup! Soup!
Get it while it's hot!
I'll take it all in exchange for this solid silver skull with ruby-encrusted eyes I got from snowkatt.
superstande: Soup! Soup!
Get it while it's hot!
zeogold: I'll take it all in exchange for this solid silver skull with ruby-encrusted eyes I got from snowkatt.
*serves zeogold a big plate of steaming hot veggie soup with bits of fresh catfish*
'ere ye go! ... I'm sure that silver skull is tasty, but try some of this too :P

alright, I'm off for The Classic Sessions... trying to playthrough Eye of the Beholder 1... hope it goes better than my attempt last time, with Albion .. it ended with pure rage quit :)
Post edited January 31, 2016 by superstande
superstande: alright, I'm off for The Classic Sessions... trying to playthrough Eye of the Beholder 1... hope it goes better than my attempt last time, with Albion .. it ended with pure rage quit :)
Hey there, good morning and good luck. You're tangling with a tough one there. Hopefully you can kick its ass before it drives you nuts. ;)
zeogold: I'll take it all in exchange for this solid silver skull with ruby-encrusted eyes I got from snowkatt.
superstande: *serves zeogold a big plate of steaming hot veggie soup with bits of fresh catfish*
'ere ye go! ... I'm sure that silver skull is tasty, but try some of this too :P

alright, I'm off for The Classic Sessions... trying to playthrough Eye of the Beholder 1... hope it goes better than my attempt last time, with Albion .. it ended with pure rage quit :)
Thanks.
*wraps it up to go*
This will prove very useful.
superstande: alright, I'm off for The Classic Sessions... trying to playthrough Eye of the Beholder 1... hope it goes better than my attempt last time, with Albion .. it ended with pure rage quit :)
CarrionCrow: Hey there, good morning and good luck. You're tangling with a tough one there. Hopefully you can kick its ass before it drives you nuts. ;)
Good Morning, Crow!
You are getting up already? ... well why not...
Thanks, I'm going to try to be persistent. Just descended to level 3, I think so, at least. No level indicator available.
There has been one hard puzzle already, but once I understood the principle, it was alright. I'll try to be brave :)
Post edited January 31, 2016 by superstande