It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: I don't think anything can be done, but thanks for the offer. Better not stand on my head though - I'm already about to faint while sitting upright :-p

Glad you were able to have a lovely day... *happy hug*

n__o *laughing hug*
I am sorry to hear that. The offer is always open. I hope that what ever is troubling you will pass soon so that you will be feeling much better soon.

*big feel better soon hug*
moonshineshadow: I have to say I really enjoy the games. And on Christmas we got the new Mario Party game and played with the whole family, that was really fun :D
ddickinson: There does seem to be lots of fun games. I like that Nintendo decided to concentrate on good fun games over flashy graphics and things like that. Granted many people hate Nintendo for that, but their games are usually very good.
I never understood why people hate on Nintendo so much, other than they're not "hardcore" enough. Eh.
ddickinson: I see, so a clean skype call. No wonder Agent did not want to take part. :-)

Thank you. I am hoping to have some good news next week with my next set of tests. They have been delayed due to some serious flooding we had over Christmas and New Year that caused some problem for the lab that was processing the results. I don't really mind, floods can't be helped.
We'd have to come up with a whole other format if people wanted dirty calls...-laughing hard-

Okay, that's understandable. But on a purely irrational level, stupid frigging floods. Why can't they manage to avoid the lab?
zeogold: I never understood why people hate on Nintendo so much, other than they're not "hardcore" enough. Eh.
People like to fanboy/girl on things. They seem to like hating one thing while holding the games/consoles they like up high as though they were something special.

CarrionCrow: We'd have to come up with a whole other format if people wanted dirty calls...-laughing hard-

Okay, that's understandable. But on a purely irrational level, stupid frigging floods. Why can't they manage to avoid the lab?
The GOG Skype sex line. :-)

It is a little annoying, but in some ways I don't mind as I don't feel worse, in fact a few things seem to be going okay for the moment, so barring any more setbacks hopefully I will at least get placed out of the danger zone. While that still does not mean okay, it means the likely hood of me having a severe and possibly fatal setback like the two I had over the last few months should be out of the question.

Edit: Do you have those silly phone sex adverts in the U.S. late at night that implies some sexy young lady has nothing better to do during the early hours of the morning than to chat to some random guy or girl?
Post edited January 31, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: snips
*Gasp, looks bewildered, approaches DD slowly, carefully - then moves in for the hug*

I haven't seen you for far too long :D

I hope life is not too hard on you currently? I've seen that you mentioned a few problems ... I really hope you will be very fine and tip top very soon, you have my sincerest best, well wishes :/

I've been introduced into the deeper fineries of Metal Core by my best friend just now ... very unstressing on the mind, I've still got static clouding some of my finer senses ;)
Vnlr: *Gasp, looks bewildered, approaches DD slowly, carefully - then moves in for the hug*

I haven't seen you for far too long :D

I hope life is not too hard on you currently? I've seen that you mentioned a few problems ... I really hope you will be very fine and tip top very soon, you have my sincerest best, well wishes :/

I've been introduced into the deeper fineries of Metal Core by my best friend just now ... very unstressing on the mind, I've still got static clouding some of my finer senses ;)
Hello, Mr Vnlr!

Things have not/are not that good for me at the moment, so I have not been visiting that much lately. But I am trying to make more of an effort to chat here. Thank you for the well wishes, sadly the myriad of things I have going on are likely to end anytime soon, I really appreciate the well wishes.

How are you? And on an unrelated note, my parents are due to visit Belgium next month for a short vacation.
ddickinson: The GOG Skype sex line. :-)

It is a little annoying, but in some ways I don't mind as I don't feel worse, in fact a few things seem to be going okay for the moment, so barring any more setbacks hopefully I will at least get placed out of the danger zone. While that still does not mean okay, it means the likely hood of me having a severe and possibly fatal setback like the two I had over the last few months should be out of the question.

Edit: Do you have those silly phone sex adverts in the U.S. late at night that implies some sexy young lady has nothing better to do during the early hours of the morning than to chat to some random guy or girl?
I'll pass on that. Sure there's plenty of it on the net, people can enjoy such things without me.

Will keep my fingers crossed that you get good news on your lab results. Want you feeling better and back to normal.
CarrionCrow: I'll pass on that. Sure there's plenty of it on the net, people can enjoy such things without me.

Will keep my fingers crossed that you get good news on your lab results. Want you feeling better and back to normal.
Thank you.

So how have you been, has the year been kind to you so far?
ddickinson: Thank you.

So how have you been, has the year been kind to you so far?
You're very welcome. =)

Not too bad here overall. Dealing with some medical crap, need to change things so I don't have serious problems further down the road. Other than that, it's the usual day-to-day, nothing too terribly exciting.
ddickinson: Hello, Mr Vnlr!

Things have not/are not that good for me at the moment, so I have not been visiting that much lately. But I am trying to make more of an effort to chat here. Thank you for the well wishes, sadly the myriad of things I have going on are likely to end anytime soon, I really appreciate the well wishes.

How are you? And on an unrelated note, my parents are due to visit Belgium next month for a short vacation.
I'm very sorry to hear so, I wish you much courage and strength in that case *extra tight hug and a lovely blanket* :(

I myself am doing rather fine, I've spent this whole day sorting through my music (and making some alterations) and pouring through fractals in a lovely little linux package. I did a full wipe of my music profile and got some essentials back in, and that's pretty much it.

I'm also trying to get back into my Chinese language courses since I stopped those for a while to see how things were in university.

And Fractals, fractals are the most bizarre and mindboggling thing I've ever seen in any science (if you count maths as such); I just spent hours zooming in and scooting over little details today :D

Which part of the country are they staying in? Wallonia, Flanders, ... ? :)
Post edited January 31, 2016 by Vnlr
CarrionCrow: You're very welcome. =)

Not too bad here overall. Dealing with some medical crap, need to change things so I don't have serious problems further down the road. Other than that, it's the usual day-to-day, nothing too terribly exciting.
Fingers crossed that you get your medical things sorted out and that you can avoid any serious problems. Other than that I am glad to hear things seem to be going okay.

How are you managing with your gaming backlog? Are you playing more than you are buying, or still just building up your collection with no end in sight? :-)

Vnlr: I'm very sorry to hear so, I wish you much courage and strength in that case *extra tight hug and a lovely blanket* :(

I myself am doing rather fine, I've spent this whole day sorting through my music (and making some alterations) and pouring through fractals in a lovely little linux package. I did a full wipe of my music profile and got some essentials back in, and that's pretty much it.

I'm also trying to get back into my Chinese language courses since I stopped those for a while to see how things were in university.

And Fractals, fractals are the most bizarre and mindboggling thing I've ever seen in any science (if you count maths as such); I just spent hours zooming in and scooting over little details today :D

Which part of the country are they staying in? Wallonia, Flanders, ... ? :)
Thank you. No need to worry, I have no intention of it getting me down, especially when I have a lovely partner at my side.

It's nice to hear you are doing fine. You are learning Chinese? I was considering learning Japanese before all my health problems, but I am not sure I would have the time to do it properly even when I am feeling better. What made you chose Chinese, if you don't m ind me asking?

Fractals? *googles them* Ah, those. :-)

Erm... I will have to get back to you on that one. They did tell me, but my head is all over the place at the moment and I am not the best at remembering things at the moment. I don't think it was any of those places, but I will ask again and write it down for next time.
ddickinson: Fingers crossed that you get your medical things sorted out and that you can avoid any serious problems. Other than that I am glad to hear things seem to be going okay.

How are you managing with your gaming backlog? Are you playing more than you are buying, or still just building up your collection with no end in sight? :-)
Well...it's still a mess. Pretty sure it's impossible to play more than I'm buying. Picked up another 5 a couple days ago.
But on the bright side, my list will run out eventually. It has to.
ddickinson: Thank you. No need to worry, I have no intention of it getting me down, especially when I have a lovely partner at my side.

It's nice to hear you are doing fine. You are learning Chinese? I was considering learning Japanese before all my health problems, but I am not sure I would have the time to do it properly even when I am feeling better. What made you chose Chinese, if you don't m ind me asking?

Fractals? *googles them* Ah, those. :-)

Erm... I will have to get back to you on that one. They did tell me, but my head is all over the place at the moment and I am not the best at remembering things at the moment. I don't think it was any of those places, but I will ask again and write it down for next time.
Give the bad stuff hell >;)

I thought about starting Finnish or Japanese first, but finding teachers for those was rather hard in my provincial surroundings (Limburg isn't really a hub of learning and intellectual pursuits - Both the Netherlands and Belgium regard us as a laughing stock of idiot farmers and suppliers of good ale). Fortunately though, there are quite a few old mining towns nearby, and there are plenty of immigrants living there;

So basicly, I went for Chinese; it somehow fascinated me far more then the many middle eastern languages that abound there, with the sizeable muslim minorities ...

... And it is a lovely language, in all honesty; unfortunately I haven't been able to reach the high notes you're supposed to pronounce some things on since puberty :D

The northern part, above the horizontal axis going through Brussels, roughly, is Flanders; That's the part of the country where they speak Dutch. Below that axis, it's Wallonia, were they have their own brew of incomprehensible French :)
CarrionCrow: Well...it's still a mess. Pretty sure it's impossible to play more than I'm buying. Picked up another 5 a couple days ago.
But on the bright side, my list will run out eventually. It has to.
I feel at a loss with just the number I have at the moment, I don't know how I would be if I had all the games you do (I hope that comes off right, I don't mean that in a mean way). I guess someday your list will run out, unless you buY all the shovelware, there seems to be an endless supply of that. :-)

Vnlr: Give the bad stuff hell >;)

I thought about starting Finnish or Japanese first, but finding teachers for those was rather hard in my provincial surroundings (Limburg isn't really a hub of learning and intellectual pursuits - Both the Netherlands and Belgium regard us as a laughing stock of idiot farmers and suppliers of good ale). Fortunately though, there are quite a few old mining towns nearby, and there are plenty of immigrants living there;

So basicly, I went for Chinese; it somehow fascinated me far more then the many middle eastern languages that abound there, with the sizeable muslim minorities ...

... And it is a lovely language, in all honesty; unfortunately I haven't been able to reach the high notes you're supposed to pronounce some things on since puberty :D

The northern part, above the horizontal axis going through Brussels, roughly, is Flanders; That's the part of the country where they speak Dutch. Below that axis, it's Wallonia, were they have their own brew of incomprehensible French :)
Ah, my voyage into learning another language was going to be self taught, at least at first. Also, like you, being in a rural farming area there are not too many teachers. I really enjoy ancient and feudal Japanese history, so that was kind of my motive. I was keen to try something new, and I could not decide on a language, so I decided on Japanese based on that. Not the best logic, but it was just as a hobby.

I did not know that, or I did and I'm too tired to remember :-). But I will ask them and let you know if I remember the next time I see you.
ddickinson: Ah, my voyage into learning another language was going to be self taught, at least at first. Also, like you, being in a rural farming area there are not too many teachers. I really enjoy ancient and feudal Japanese history, so that was kind of my motive. I was keen to try something new, and I could not decide on a language, so I decided on Japanese based on that. Not the best logic, but it was just as a hobby.

I did not know that, or I did and I'm too tired to remember :-). But I will ask them and let you know if I remember the next time I see you.
The Japanese do have a very interesting history, but rather too much bloodshed to my liking (although we Westerners really can't just judge others by the amount of bloodshed in their histories, we have plenty of that ourselves, maybe even more than most).

Belgium is, at best, an incomprehensible mess; Even most Belgians haven given up trying to understand their country :)

and [url=https://soundcloud.com/vnlr-1/elegy-du-pays-mosan-no-2]Here, maybe not the most cheerful stuff around, but I hope it will be of some support/comfort :)