It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: I see... *makes a note to not offend any game which features slutty anime girls* :-)
I have not really played any dating sims, so I don't really know what qualifies a game as one or not. How would you have liked the style to be other than anime? I think the anime helps with the whole silly aesthetics, being more realistic might make it more creepy. I mean the game does involve you getting girls drunk just to sleep with them, which is horrible. I do wish anime would not be so over the top with breasts, they just look silly with all the huge boobs. The costumes were nice though, some of them were very cute.
I do like anime style, but there are lots of variations and HuniePop chose one that doesn't really click with me, esp. the faces. I don't mind it, but there are drawing styles that I like more, that's all.
As for alcohol... the game also features a line about "getting used to tentacle... (rape) (with image)", which even I found a little gross - but still hilarious in the context.

ddickinson: I don't think I have ever played any of the 3D GTA games. I have played the original 2D top view ones, but never the 3D open world ones. I have heard many people praise Saint's Row, so maybe one day I will look into it and see if I would enjoy it.
For me one of the advantages of SR is that (while story mission can be a little longer), for most of the game you can play it in small doses. Just fire it up, try some "activity" or wreak some havoc and save-and-quit. 15-20 minute sessions are possible. That really suits me well under my current circumstances where long gaming sessions are rarely possible.

ddickinson: Be sure to play it in the dark and with headphones, it is so much better. The DLC is often on sale here, so no need to rush, especially as you might not like the game. I found it really fun, it can be frustrating sometimes and drag a little in the middle, but overall it was great. I liked the story and some of the characters and their backstories were good, especially if you get immersed with it all. Let me know what you think if you get around to playing it.
I hope I will find time to check it out on Sunday. It'll probably be in the afternoon - so not really dark :-/
ddickinson: Damn, I should have known that anyone who eats frogs and horses will be okay with eels. :-)

I promise I will tell you on chat when I find out. *big serious return hug*

I could send you a link to the shocking scene if you like, but that might spoil the game if you play it sometime. And it is less effective as you are not as immersed as you would be playing the game. Also, keep in mind I am not the most well travelled with video games, so there could be many more games more shocking, it was just the most shocking I have seen.

We just take turns, but it is fun having someone to talk to while playing and having fun at random things and being scared together. We tended to switch after each big part, or if one of us kept getting killed too often as we were playing it on one of the harder difficulties.
Hehe :-p
Ok... thanks !!! **big thank you happy hug**
Oh, yes... go on, send me the link :) ... i know i won't play it anyway, so... that wouldn't be a spoil... and not being -that- immersed is totally fine, as I'm too much of a wuss to actually take part in the game :-p
That sounds much funny like that indeed... probably less cary if you play it with someone, I think :)
ddickinson: Damn, I should have known that anyone who eats frogs and horses will be okay with eels. :-)

I promise I will tell you on chat when I find out. *big serious return hug*

I could send you a link to the shocking scene if you like, but that might spoil the game if you play it sometime. And it is less effective as you are not as immersed as you would be playing the game. Also, keep in mind I am not the most well travelled with video games, so there could be many more games more shocking, it was just the most shocking I have seen.

We just take turns, but it is fun having someone to talk to while playing and having fun at random things and being scared together. We tended to switch after each big part, or if one of us kept getting killed too often as we were playing it on one of the harder difficulties.
Empress_Owl: Hehe :-p
Ok... thanks !!! **big thank you happy hug**
Oh, yes... go on, send me the link :) ... i know i won't play it anyway, so... that wouldn't be a spoil... and not being -that- immersed is totally fine, as I'm too much of a wuss to actually take part in the game :-p
That sounds much funny like that indeed... probably less cary if you play it with someone, I think :)
Sorry to interrupt, but this has been bugging me for some time:
Can I have an enlarged version of your profile picture? I can tell it's an owl, but it's so tiny, I can't tell much else.
zeogold: Sorry to interrupt, but this has been bugging me for some time:
Can I have an enlarged version of your profile picture? I can tell it's an owl, but it's so tiny, I can't tell much else.
Click on the avatar?

In case this doesn't work for you: https://images.gog.com/1ed4bb83685d0d7a43a70faa472b1f742527340699aad339b88a0ffdc507e083.jpg
Post edited January 29, 2016 by toxicTom
zeogold: Can I have an enlarged version of your profile picture? I can tell it's an owl, but it's so tiny, I can't tell much else.
Wahhh... someone who is not using BE o.O
(if you are using Barefoot Essentials you can click on the avatars of people and see them in a bigger version)
toxicTom: I do like anime style, but there are lots of variations and HuniePop chose one that doesn't really click with me, esp. the faces. I don't mind it, but there are drawing styles that I like more, that's all.
As for alcohol... the game also features a line about "getting used to tentacle... (rape) (with image)", which even I found a little gross - but still hilarious in the context.
Anime is quite diverse, so I can understand people having their own preferences with it. I never heard that line (what is it with anime and tentacles? o_O). I have not really played much of it, so I have probably missed many aspects of the game.

toxicTom: For me one of the advantages of SR is that (while story mission can be a little longer), for most of the game you can play it in small doses. Just fire it up, try some "activity" or wreak some havoc and save-and-quit. 15-20 minute sessions are possible. That really suits me well under my current circumstances where long gaming sessions are rarely possible.
That sounds good, being able to play it in smaller chunks. Do the newer GTA games work like that, or do they require more time per play?

toxicTom: I hope I will find time to check it out on Sunday. It'll probably be in the afternoon - so not really dark :-/
Shame, the darkness makes it more fun, although seeing the controller can be a little hard. :-)

Do you enjoy playing horror games? I have not played many, but I have a few (like Amnesia) that I will get around to trying someday. They are not my favourite genre, but I don't mind being scared now and then on a game. Have fun with the naked twins! :-)
zeogold: Can I have an enlarged version of your profile picture? I can tell it's an owl, but it's so tiny, I can't tell much else.
moonshineshadow: Wahhh... someone who is not using BE o.O
(if you are using Barefoot Essentials you can click on the avatars of people and see them in a bigger version)
Nope, not using it. No idea what it is, and I don't feel like downloading more on my laptop than I've already got on it.
I have never used it. *goes to hide in the corner* :-(

Edit: Oh wait, of course I have, to get my wiki set up. But other than that I have not used it.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: I have never used it. *goes to hide in the corner* :-(
Edit: Oh wait, of course I have, to get my wiki set up. But other than that I have not used it.
*extra big hug* I know, I was just making fun of zeo :D

zeogold: Nope, not using it. No idea what it is, and I don't feel like downloading more on my laptop than I've already got on it.
It is a script for the gog website. It adds some nice features like being able to click on the avatars and for me most important to have a post preview here on the forum :-)
Post edited January 29, 2016 by moonshineshadow
zeogold: Sorry to interrupt, but this has been bugging me for some time:
Of course... there. It's a drunk partying owl :)
toxicTom: Click on the avatar?

In case this doesn't work for you: https://images.gog.com/1ed4bb83685d0d7a43a70faa472b1f742527340699aad339b88a0ffdc507e083.jpg
Ninja'd ..... >:-|
Post edited January 29, 2016 by Empress_Owl
moonshineshadow: *extra big hug* I know, I was just making fun of zeo :D
I know.

I am not sure why I never really used it, I guess I am okay with how the site is. There are things that annoy me now and then, but I just tend to put up with it. I have also been mainly browsing on my tablet while I have been ill, so I would not be able to use the script anyway. But it is nice that we have it and the others useful scripts that make GOG better for some of the users.

*big return hug*

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk89yqrui31qgoiq8o1_500.jpg
moonshineshadow: *extra big hug* I know, I was just making fun of zeo :D
ddickinson: I know.
I am not sure why I never really used it, I guess I am okay with how the site is. There are things that annoy me now and then, but I just tend to put up with it. I have also been mainly browsing on my tablet while I have been ill, so I would not be able to use the script anyway. But it is nice that we have it and the others useful scripts that make GOG better for some of the users.
*big return hug*
https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk89yqrui31qgoiq8o1_500.jpg
Awww *they are so cute hug*
Yeah I have to say, I also don't use many of the things the script adds. Only thing for the forum is the post preview since that makes it easy to see if the quotes got messed up when deleting parts :D
Gonna eat some frog legs... see you later ... :) Bon appétit !
moonshineshadow: Awww *they are so cute hug*
Yeah I have to say, I also don't use many of the things the script adds. Only thing for the forum is the post preview since that makes it easy to see if the quotes got messed up when deleting parts :D
*even bigger panda hug*

http://img14.deviantart.net/6b15/i/2009/250/c/a/panda_hug_by_comicmasterx.jpg

Empress_Owl: Gonna eat some frog legs... see you later ... :) Bon appétit !
Have a lovely lunch. *big hug*
ddickinson: Anime is quite diverse, so I can understand people having their own preferences with it. I never heard that line (what is it with anime and tentacles? o_O). I have not really played much of it, so I have probably missed many aspects of the game.
Tradition...
It's from one of the "secret" characters, so it's possible you haven't seen it.

ddickinson: That sounds good, being able to play it in smaller chunks. Do the newer GTA games work like that, or do they require more time per play?
I've played only GTA3, Vice City and a little bit of San Andreas and IV. I think you need more time per session for GTA, because there are a lot more story missions which are longer and involve lengthy cut-scenes and dialogue (SR has more "activities" - just go there and start them) and you have to travel a lot more and farther. Also in SR you can save anywhere, not just in your hideout (although you end up in the nearest "crib" when you load the game). Also in SR you can just go "freestyle" and ie. race a car trough the city, and you still make some progress, since nearly everything you do (like closely passing other cars, power-drifting, going down the wrong lane... even shop clothes) earns you respect, which is required to level up, while in GTA you actually have to accomplish something to progress the game in any way.

ddickinson: Shame, the darkness makes it more fun, although seeing the controller can be a little hard. :-)

Do you enjoy playing horror games? I have not played many, but I have a few (like Amnesia) that I will get around to trying someday. They are not my favourite genre, but I don't mind being scared now and then on a game. Have fun with the naked twins! :-)
I've not played games I would consider "horror" in a while. I played Among the Sleep for some time, but got stuck in one place. I don't count FEAR or Doom 3 as "horror", since I simply don't find them any scary.
I really liked Silent Hill, but I could only play it at a friend's place (never had a Playstation myself). From my Amiga days I still remember Elvira 1+2 and Waxworks - those were pretty good back then.
There are a few games that I would not count among "horror games" but that had genuinely scary parts that I really likes: Thief, System Shock 2 and STALKER come to mind.
moonshineshadow: Awww *they are so cute hug*
The things I use most are Quick reply and [Ctrl]+[Y]. Sooo useful!
Post edited January 29, 2016 by toxicTom