It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: It's definitely a weird way to do things. But, as I have in other cases, if certain things don't come here, I'll go to the competition. Not my first choice by any means, but if GOG won't sell things like Dex, or Fall of the Dungeon Guardians, or Arcania, or Spellforce 2 Faith in Destiny, I'll rent them.
I love GOG, but I refuse to let them dictate what my options are.
moonshineshadow: Yep, that is the best way to handle things.

Arcania o.O *grumbling how this game should not even exist*
Such a pity they never made another Gothic game after Gothic 2. The series was so good.
moonshineshadow: Only thing I find funny is that gog rejects many games but is willing to risk selling early access games where it is not even clear if they'll ever finish :D
Well maybe because Early Access games are not too niche :P
I mean afaik at least Starbound and Ashed of the Singularity were supposed to come here anyway albeit finished.

But i'd love to know how they decide whether they want to have games here....

CarrionCrow: Wonderful. Always fun having your time wasted.

Can't complain here. Crashed out for a while, seems to have helped a bit. If I can just manage to squeeze in the 40 hours of good sleep I've missed this week, I'll be 100 percent. -laughs-

Started Tales from the Borderlands yesterday, and it's all right. Having trouble getting past the Telltale method of "you've got choices, honest, well not really" thing, makes me feel better about not getting Game of Thrones.

Other than that, I'm figuring it'll be some stuff around the house in between getting my library updated fully.
(Only 1,093 of those to check...I'd curse at the monotony of the task, but there's no one to blame but myself on that score.)
Yep....i was really happy about that to say the least :)

That's good to hear. Think i should find a way to catch up on my missed sleep as well... :)
I heard that TftB might actually one of the best Telltale games despite having the usual Telltale stuff in it while Game of Thrones is apparently the worst of their recent games...

Sounds like fun :)
*tips my evenoon helmet to everyone*

GreenDamsel: Such a pity they never made another Gothic game after Gothic 2. The series was so good.
I feel the same way about FEAR. Too bad they never made a sequel. That game had potential to be a series.
moonshineshadow: *welcome wave*
Well, it is the expected panic like always ;-)
I mean, I can't see myself buying early access games, but that does not mean I mind them being here. If people want to pay for unfished games, I am sure not standing in their way.

Only thing I find funny is that gog rejects many games but is willing to risk selling early access games where it is not even clear if they'll ever finish :D
Well that's not how I see it.
Early access is a fantastic business idea for indie developers short on money. The latter case you point out has been prompted from Steam's lack of curating making their early access system (and greenlight) the equivalent of gaming Mos Eisley.
Put some curating, let in only games that have dedicated developers behind them and it's a way for small time developers to raise some money from their games and actually finish a game that would otherwise have to be abandonded due to lack of funding.

Starbound has been on early access nearly two years though.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by j0ekerr
AgentBirdnest: *tips my evenoon helmet to everyone*

GreenDamsel: Such a pity they never made another Gothic game after Gothic 2. The series was so good.
AgentBirdnest: I feel the same way about FEAR. Too bad they never made a sequel. That game had potential to be a series.
Hmhm. Reading this while listening to the Avatar: The Last Airbender soundtrack. Too bad they never made a movie.
moonshineshadow: It is not really a bad game. It is just a bad game when it comes and calls itself Gothic 4... which it clearly was not. If you can see it as a seperate game it probably is not that bad... and if it had been released without pretending to be Gothic 4 and messing everything up (and with that I mean everything, story, gameplay, atmosphere), I might even have enjoyed it, just as a nice RPG.
I am so glad that Piranha Bytes got the rights to Gothic back... The Gothic 3 Addon (which was really really bad) and Arcania were enough of stupid stuff that should have never been released in the Gothic universe.

And now I'll stop since I could go on about this for hours :P
It's okay, I like seeing you talk about it. Right now, for example - thanks to you, I know the right way to approach it for maximum rage when I actually get that far. =)
j0ekerr: Don't tell me you've gone gallivating on the other threads again? You know how being exposed to sheer undilluted pontificating idiocy irritates your bilious bladder.

About BoH. I fixed the epub and realized that I did their work for them.
Why do I like formatting text so? I must be a frustrated typesetter.
Also from a book design standpoint, Dungeon World is rather... calling it 'poor' is being too nice. It's the equivalent of picking up four plywood panels, putting a corrugated one on top and calling it a house.
A couple, yes. Enough to vent a bit or just shake my head and laugh, then come back here.

-laughs- Maybe you've found your calling in life.

Ended up skipping that series since I'm a bit burned out on medieval fantasy in terms of RPG settings.
Still waiting for the Paranoia, Unknown Armies and Laundry offers to come back around.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by CarrionCrow
Huh - I feel like we might have just had a little earthquake here on the East Coast USA. If so, that'd be the second one here in about 3 years or so - weird!

Curious to watch the news tonight and see if it actually was something or not.
ElTerprise: Yep....i was really happy about that to say the least :)

That's good to hear. Think i should find a way to catch up on my missed sleep as well... :)
I heard that TftB might actually one of the best Telltale games despite having the usual Telltale stuff in it while Game of Thrones is apparently the worst of their recent games...

Sounds like fun :)
Oh, I'm sure.

Fairly certain it'll take some kind of time expansion, something that allows for use of more than a minute in a minute's timeframe.

I also heard that Tales is one of the best. Maybe I just didn't get into the overall mechanics since I didn't latch onto Walking Dead like so many others. Ended up getting it anyway since I enjoyed Borderlands 1 and 2.
Didn't get Game of Thrones because I knew it'd be a scenario where any choices you can make have no weight due to the preexisting story in both book and TV form. They're not going to get creative when they're locked in that hard.

Oh yeah, boatloads. But with update notifications being sporadic at times, I'd rather keep a collection in good shape than try to randomly pick through it all.
cecil: Awesome thanks :-) for several reasons :-)
1. It's my B Day (hence why I was handing out cake)
2. I have met all these awesome people on here who mean more then I can convey well sometimes.
PalioDeMonte: Happy Birthday, then!!! Let's make it awesome!!!!
Thanks it is proving to be quite awesome :-)
CarrionCrow: Oh, I'm sure.

Fairly certain it'll take some kind of time expansion, something that allows for use of more than a minute in a minute's timeframe.

I also heard that Tales is one of the best. Maybe I just didn't get into the overall mechanics since I didn't latch onto Walking Dead like so many others. Ended up getting it anyway since I enjoyed Borderlands 1 and 2.
Didn't get Game of Thrones because I knew it'd be a scenario where any choices you can make have no weight due to the preexisting story in both book and TV form. They're not going to get creative when they're locked in that hard.

Oh yeah, boatloads. But with update notifications being sporadic at times, I'd rather keep a collection in good shape than try to randomly pick through it all.
That kind of time expansion would be awesome :)

I haven't played Walking Dead either but i want to give Borderlands a try because i like the setting despite getting bored in Borderlands 1 - guess it's better played in co-op....
I won't touch the Game of Thrones game suntil i caught up with the TV series and the books....
Getting games from other sites because I have the loyalty of a tick.

I wonder if I should add divide by sheep to the package.

That'd put me at a grand spending total of... Whoa about 2 bucks!
I'm such a big spender!
Post edited January 28, 2016 by j0ekerr
ElTerprise: That kind of time expansion would be awesome :)

I haven't played Walking Dead either but i want to give Borderlands a try because i like the setting despite getting bored in Borderlands 1 - guess it's better played in co-op....
I won't touch the Game of Thrones game suntil i caught up with the TV series and the books....
Walking Dead's main claim to fame is proving that it's possible to write a child character that you don't want to feed through a wood chipper within two seconds of meeting them.

Borderlands 1 has a serious difficulty curve problem. As in, there basically isn't one by the time you start doing the DLC's.
Still going back and forth on getting the Pre-Sequel. I know it's filler, but I like having full series. It's also on sale, which is nice, but it also has the lovely Gearbox issue of having a shit-ton of DLC.
j0ekerr: Getting games off from other sites because I have the loyalty of a tick.

I wonder if I should add divide by sheep to the package.

That'd put me at a grand spending total of... Whoa about 2 bucks!
I'm such a big spender!
-laughs- With spending like that, you're going to get your membership card revoked and everything!
Post edited January 28, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Walking Dead's main claim to fame is proving that it's possible to write a child character that you don't want to feed through a wood chipper within two seconds of meeting them.

Borderlands 1 has a serious difficulty curve problem. As in, there basically isn't one by the time you start doing the DLC's.
Still going back and forth on getting the Pre-Sequel. I know it's filler, but I like having full series. It's also on sale, which is nice, but it also has the lovely Gearbox issue of having a shit-ton of DLC.
Yes. Well i'm going to play that eventually - so i hope it is true. Would certainly be nice to have that :)

I also found the game a bit lacking or bland in comparison to the bit i played of Borderlands 2. Just saw that too....won't get it though because it'll run like ass on my machine anyway but i might also complete the series at some point.
CarrionCrow: Walking Dead's main claim to fame is proving that it's possible to write a child character that you don't want to feed through a wood chipper within two seconds of meeting them.

ElTerprise: Yes. Well i'm going to play that eventually - so i hope it is true. Would certainly be nice to have that :)

I also found the game a bit lacking or bland in comparison to the bit i played of Borderlands 2. Just saw that too....won't get it though because it'll run like ass on my machine anyway but i might also complete the series at some point.
Remember to always play Borderlands in Coop. Should you ever consider playing it message me. I might join and I have a friends who's Borderlands addicted and I bet she just aches to start another character. She has 285 hours played right now...
ElTerprise: Yes. Well i'm going to play that eventually - so i hope it is true. Would certainly be nice to have that :)

It's an unrealistic representation, but they do so in order to keep the player from violently hating a character that's around all the time.

Borderlands 1 is definitely inferior to 2. No question there. Still planning on doing a full 3 runs of Borderlands 2, and there's no way in hell I'd do that with 1.

More than anything, I want to see Borderlands 3. But I'm not getting my hopes up since Gearbox has focused on things like Duke Nukem Forever (which was awful), Aliens Colonial Marines (also awful), and their new IP.