It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Empress_Owl: Guten Tag, German thread ! :)
Wie geht es ihnen ?
**Big hugs with sausages and insipid beer** :-D
Bonjour *big hug* :)
PalioDeMonte: You cannot hide!
Hihi... *surrendering hug* >__o
Hello Palio! I hope your day is going well(?)
Post edited January 27, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
toxicTom: *Big hugs!*

But... insipid beer? We're not Americans, you know.... *puzzled*
Aw... I didn't mean to offend you, Herr Toxic...
The fact is I don't really know what German beer taste like, but when I see the insane quantities you're able to drink at a row, it must not be some very strong merchandise... ;-p hihi
moonshineshadow: Can I just get a normal hug? Please?
Aaaaaw... :-> of course you can, pretty little kitteh...
**Big normal hug**
ElTerprise: Bonjour *big hug* :)
Bonjour ElT !! :)) **bigger hug**
Post edited January 27, 2016 by Empress_Owl
PalioDeMonte: *waves for everybody, hugs for those who like and of course some tea...*
Hi *big hug*
Glad to hear you're doing good :)
PalioDeMonte: Is Leipzig a good place for kids - besides the Zoo?
Hmm... I lack comparisons. I grew up in a more rural area (and a different time). I guess it also depend on the area of the city. Ours is rather interesting, very heterogeneous regarding social backgrounds and cultures. I think there places that are a lot worse. And there are a lot of offers and attractions for kids - the big one is currently training circus arts (and loving it).
Empress_Owl: Bonjour ElT !! :)) **bigger hug**
*even bigger return hug with some great tasting german beer* ;)
moonshineshadow: Can I just get a normal hug? Please?
Empress_Owl: Aaaaaw... :-> of course you can, pretty little kitteh...
**Big normal hug**
Yeah :-)
*big return hug*
Empress_Owl: Bonjour ElT !! :)) **bigger hug**
ElTerprise: *even bigger return hug with some great tasting german beer* ;)
Ok... I need to taste that "great tasting" beer, and compare it to my favourite belgian beers... when would you be available... ? >:-|
**even even bigger hugs with pretzels**
toxicTom: Hmm... I lack comparisons. I grew up in a more rural area (and a different time). I guess it also depend on the area of the city. Ours is rather interesting, very heterogeneous regarding social backgrounds and cultures. I think there places that are a lot worse. And there are a lot of offers and attractions for kids - the big one is currently training circus arts (and loving it).
Sounds quite cool - and training circus arts is an awesome adventure for kids. I really hope everything will be fine soon!

AgentBirdnest: Hihi... *surrendering hug* >__o
Hello Palio! I hope your day is going well(?)
Yes, everything's going well, but I should better get back to work than chat around with you guys ;)
CU!
Empress_Owl: The fact is I don't really know what German beer taste like, but when I see the insane quantities you're able to drink at a row, it must not be some very strong merchandise... ;-p hihi
I'm more impressed with the insane quantity that lady is able to carry...
Generally it's not possible to say what "German beer" tastes like. There are just too many varieties. From very bitter (Jever) to sweet and palatable (Pupen-Schultzes Schwarzes). And there's beer with rather mild taste ("Helles") and beer with "full aroma" (mostly "Pilsener"). And finally there's low alcohol beer (Dünnbier, "halbstark", ~2.5%) to strong beer (Bock, ~12%).
The beer in the image above is some Oktoberfest beer, those are between 5.9% and 6.3%, well above the average of 4.5% to 5.5% of most brands.

That said, I've seen French people drink wine from canisters...
PalioDeMonte: Yes, everything's going well, but I should better get back to work than chat around with you guys ;)
CU!
Good to hear! CUL8R then. May the rest of your day continue to go well! Glück!
Empress_Owl: Ok... I need to taste that "great tasting" beer, and compare it to my favourite belgian beers... when would you be available... ? >:-|
**even even bigger hugs with pretzels**
Good question. And the other question would which "great tasting" beer you want to try :)
Pretzels? That's so South German :P
*bigger hug* :)
toxicTom: I'm more impressed with the insane quantity that lady is able to carry...
Generally it's not possible to say what "German beer" tastes like. There are just too many varieties. From very bitter (Jever) to sweet and palatable (Pupen-Schultzes Schwarzes). And there's beer with rather mild taste ("Helles") and beer with "full aroma" (mostly "Pilsener"). And finally there's low alcohol beer (Dünnbier, "halbstark", ~2.5%) to strong beer (Bock, ~12%).
The beer in the image above is some Oktoberfest beer, those are between 5.9% and 6.3%, well above the average of 4.5% to 5.5% of most brands.

That said, I've seen French people drink wine from canisters...
Hmmm..... very interesting. Now I want to drink beers >:-| pffft...
I need to try some German beer anyway. I wonder if I could find some arouond here... any brand you'd recommand ? :) The beers I like are usually around 8,5-9%... either blond or dark...
From canisters ?... haha :D wow.
ElTerprise: Good question. And the other question would which "great tasting" beer you want to try :)
Pretzels? That's so South German :P
*bigger hug* :)
Any, as long as it's "great" :)
How that, "South German"... >:-| ... I know about East and West Germanies, but never heard about a "South" one... did you make it up ?... what do you eat with your beers in North Germany, then ?... :)
**Even bigger hug**
Post edited January 27, 2016 by Empress_Owl
Hey there, everyone. Back again, think I fell asleep at the desk for a bit.
Empress_Owl: Any, as long as it's "great" :)
How that, "South German"... >:-| ... I know about East and West Germanies, but never heard about a "South" one... did you make it up ?... what do you eat with your beers in North Germany, then ?... :)
**Even bigger hug**
Good :D
I was merely referring to the South German region ;)
Pretzels is such a cliché and while it is of course available here up in the North and i guess there are people having those with beer, i actually cannot think of something local which would be typical to have when drinking beer.