It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Yay. Hopefully you'll feel better soon :)

Also having a lovely headache and not feeling too good today....
It'll pass eventually, it always does.

Wonderful. Hope you're not coming down with the flu while trying to do school stuff.
superstande: good morning again! especially to Crow! :P
ooh... German beer... *drools uncontrollably*

this is one of my favourite all-stars, Hoegaarden. The one in the picture was really well-made, brewed in this nice place in Estonia... just awesome!

And Greetings to ToxicTom!!
Good afternoon. ;)

Having a decent enough day so far?
Empress_Owl: **Big waves with lots and lots of coffee** :)
Thank you, Owl lady. Can always use more coffee.

-waves back with a fresh mug in one hand and a Mountain Dew in the other- =)
Post edited January 27, 2016 by CarrionCrow
oh whoops... Hoegaarden is Belgian... sorry!
Dammit... you see what happens when people stop drinking!
ElTerprise: Peanuts might be possible...but i doubt that anyone would have garlic snails with beer - but who knows :)
Maybe some bread or something like that?

Why should we? It's just some sort of banter between the North Germans and the South Germans i guess mostly because some of the South Germans customs or their culture is projected over the entirety of Germany ;)

And there would be a more practical problem on where to set the border. :P
Or tiny tomatoes... cashew nuts... guacamole and tacos... slurp :-p',',,','
Eeeer... ?
',',',,',' :-| ... uh oh.
EndreWhiteMane: Easy now, she was just kidding. :-)

Peanuts with beer are so the salt in the peanuts makes you thirsty, so you drink more beer. That's why they're usually free.
It's a big bartender conspiracy. :-)
Memo to myself : do not make lame jokes about the Berlin Wall either ,',',',,' :-\ (lol)
Ho, and yes, definitely true about the bartender conspiracy :D
Post edited January 27, 2016 by Empress_Owl
CarrionCrow: Good afternoon. ;)

Having a decent enough day so far?
Doing good; enjoying Black Books season 3 from netflix... dark but so fun :)
moonshineshadow: South German is not equal to Bavaria -.-
Well from a Hamburg viewpoint it is (well technicall all of Germany southern the Elbe river) :P
But you're of course right. Although the Brezel we were talking about earlier is nothing genuine Bavarian if i'm not mistaken. And i didn't had Bavarian culture in mind - was thinking about regional cuisine and something like that...

EndreWhiteMane: Easy now, she was just kidding. :-)

Peanuts with beer are so the salt in the peanuts makes you thirsty, so you drink more beer. That's why they're usually free.
It's a big bartender conspiracy. :-)
Me too...as i said just some banter :)

But a pretty good one actually :)

True. Although it seems like the article might be a bit narrow with its Berlin/Bavaria focus ... at least it seemed that way to me...

CarrionCrow: It'll pass eventually, it always does.

Wonderful. Hope you're not coming down with the flu while trying to do school stuff.
That's good.
I don't think it's something serious...but thankfully i don't have that much to do for university :)

Empress_Owl: Or tiny tomatoes... cashew nuts... guacamole and tacos... slurp :-p',',,','
Eeeer... ?
',',',,',' :-| ... uh oh.
Don't take what i said too serious :D
Sounds delicious :)
Post edited January 27, 2016 by ElTerprise
People are incredibly frigging silly sometimes.

The roommate doesn't want to get the internet for themselves, then they go and buy a tablet. I set up an appointment to get wireless internet here so they can at least download games onto it, then they say they want to use it on business trips, thinking that the local podunk ISP will somehow have wifi connectivity all over the western U.S. After I explain to them that odds on that one are pretty low, they turn around and say they want to get the internet, which is exactly what I told them they needed in the first place, and they refused to do, after they impulse bought the tablet.
-facepalm-
CarrionCrow: No need to apologize. Just hope that things will even out, get better, less stressful for you and yours soon.

Also, if that headache doesn't go away within maybe the next day or two, you should probably have it checked out. Going to the doctor's a huge pain in the ass, but you don't need some stress-induced problem knocking you flat while you're trying to deal with everything.
EndreWhiteMane: Glad to see you Tom! I sincerely hope everything starts to get better for you and the family soon.
You've had a rather rough time of it, you deserve a break.

Hello everyone.
*Huge hugs *to you too. Yes, if the headaches persist I'll probably have to do something about it.
Sadly, a break will not be possible for the time being... I'm responsible for a huge new stage of my project that will hit the customers in the next few weeks and there are already lots of extensions and upgrades planned that need to be integrated ASAP. :-/

Empress_Owl: I need to try some German beer anyway. I wonder if I could find some arouond here... any brand you'd recommand ? :)
Depends on what you like, harsh/bitter or sweet, "normal" or wheat beer?

For me, the representative of "typical German beer" is Radeberger, which is probably available world-wide. It's like the lowest common denominator of what "good German beer" is like, a "standard". It's my "I want some beer but nothing special" kind of beer. A lot of my friends don't drink it any more, because it's so... boring. Back in the days of East Germany it was considered a very special treat, since it was produced almost exclusively for exporting and hard to come by even in Saxony.

Another standard beer which is probably available almost everywhere would be Becks. This is a typical representative of Northern German beer, lighter taste - some would say more "watery" (but not as thin as American beer like Bud). I prefer the beers more from the south, although when I was at the North Sea it was okay to drink.

That's another thing about beer - how it tastes is greatly influenced by the location you drink it in. For instance there is a very sweet beer from near my hometown called "Lausitzer Porter" (it can't be called "Bier" in Germany, because it contains sweetener). When I'm with my parents I don't like it - it's too sweet for me. But in Leipzig it's ok to drink. And this is not because of different bottlings (which can also influence the taste). I even took a bottle from my parent's cellar home to test this. It really doesn't taste as sweet here. Also Eibauer Schwarzbier - also from around the corner of my home town - is really delicious when drunk where it originates and even in Dresden. In Leipzig I find it tastes a little more bitter and loses a bit on drinkability - still good, but not as perfect.
When I was on holiday in Turkey I really liked the Turkish beer Effes. It's rather light and there in the sun and with the salty humidity of the Mediterranean sea it was perfect. It's available here too and I've tried it - tastes like shit IMO.

Currently my favourite beer for "tasting it" (as opposed to just "having" a beer) would be Landskron Edition No. 1 - with whisky malt. Unfortunately it's rather expensive: 10€ for 0.7l.
CarrionCrow: People are incredibly frigging silly sometimes.

The roommate doesn't want to get the internet for themselves, then they go and buy a tablet. I set up an appointment to get wireless internet here so they can at least download games onto it, then they say they want to use it on business trips, thinking that the local podunk ISP will somehow have wifi connectivity all over the western U.S. After I explain to them that odds on that one are pretty low, they turn around and say they want to get the internet, which is exactly what I told them they needed in the first place, and they refused to do, after they impulse bought the tablet.
-facepalm-
O.o.....that's really silly...but i'm not overly surprised. i also know someone who bought a mobile device with them only having ethernet at home....
CarrionCrow: People are incredibly frigging silly sometimes.

-facepalm-
You mean they need 4G right? Otherwise I'm confused as to how this would help them in traveling.
toxicTom: [huge message about beers]
Wow... thanks !!! :D this is really interesting.
I take back what I said, you seem to have pretty nice stuff too :)
I like slightly bitter beers... and wheat beers too, as my favourite one contains wheat :-)
Goddamn it. I truly hate dozing off.

toxicTom: *Huge hugs *to you too. Yes, if the headaches persist I'll probably have to do something about it.
Sadly, a break will not be possible for the time being... I'm responsible for a huge new stage of my project that will hit the customers in the next few weeks and there are already lots of extensions and upgrades planned that need to be integrated ASAP. :-/
Please do if it doesn't at least ease up.
It's not fun, it's stressful, it's a pain to shove into a busy schedule and still sucks ass even when you have the free time to spare, but it beats you being seriously harmed by some underlying thing.

Shit...okay then, just try to get what rest you can in between running yourself ragged.
ElTerprise: O.o.....that's really silly...but i'm not overly surprised. i also know someone who bought a mobile device with them only having ethernet at home....
-laughing while shaking my head- When I saw that they'd bought not just one, but two tablets, I figured they'd lost their mind. But then again, they're heavily anti-internet while using my connection to grab whatever they want online, so it's not like it made any real sense to begin with anyway.
EndreWhiteMane: You mean they need 4G right? Otherwise I'm confused as to how this would help them in traveling.
No need to be confused. You're absolutely right, that is what they need. I don't use cell phones, don't use tablets, so my experience with mobile internet is nonexistent. As such, I was calling it by the wrong name.
CarrionCrow: Goddamn it. I truly hate dozing off.

toxicTom: *Huge hugs *to you too. Yes, if the headaches persist I'll probably have to do something about it.
CarrionCrow: Please do if it doesn't at least ease up.
It's not fun, it's stressful, it's a pain to shove into a busy schedule and still sucks ass even when you have the free time to spare, but it beats you being seriously harmed by some underlying thing.

Shit...okay then, just try to get what rest you can in between running yourself ragged.
ElTerprise: O.o.....that's really silly...but i'm not overly surprised. i also know someone who bought a mobile device with them only having ethernet at home....
CarrionCrow: -laughing while shaking my head- When I saw that they'd bought not just one, but two tablets, I figured they'd lost their mind. But then again, they're heavily anti-internet while using my connection to grab whatever they want online, so it's not like it made any real sense to begin with anyway.
EndreWhiteMane: You mean they need 4G right? Otherwise I'm confused as to how this would help them in traveling.
CarrionCrow: No need to be confused. You're absolutely right, that is what they need. I don't use cell phones, don't use tablets, so my experience with mobile internet is nonexistent. As such, I was calling it by the wrong name.
Why don't you?
CarrionCrow: -laughing while shaking my head- When I saw that they'd bought not just one, but two tablets, I figured they'd lost their mind. But then again, they're heavily anti-internet while using my connection to grab whatever they want online, so it's not like it made any real sense to begin with anyway.
Having a tablet while being anti-internet is rather weird indeed especially since tablets are basically paper weight without any internet connection - whether it be wifi or 4G ;)
GreenDamsel: Why don't you?
Not a fan of phones in general, would rather use a laptop than a tablet, and I've already got a desktop that I prefer to any laptop I can think of.
ElTerprise: Well that is rather weird indeed especially since tablets are basically paper weight without any internet connection - whether it be wifi or 4G ;)
That's funny. I told them just about that exact same statement.
CarrionCrow: No need to be confused. You're absolutely right, that is what they need. I don't use cell phones, don't use tablets, so my experience with mobile internet is nonexistent. As such, I was calling it by the wrong name.
No you weren't wrong, internet IS what they need. I just got confused as to what they meant they were getting to provide it.
I corn-fuse easily, Iowa, corn, get it? :-)