It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Hey there. =) Getting ready to sing 1 billion bottles of beer on the wall in its entirety, a single line at a time, in Moonshine's chat.

How's your day going?
Oh that sounds evil - and it seems like a real challenge :)

Quite good - although i'm tired after i returned home from my sister's birthday which was in another city :)
Currently browsing through the DRM-free Humble Winter Sale offers....
ElTerprise: Oh that sounds evil - and it seems like a real challenge :)

Quite good - although i'm tired after i returned home from my sister's birthday which was in another city :)
Currently browsing through the DRM-free Humble Winter Sale offers....
Quick math time - the verse, "one billion bottles of beer on the wall, one billion bottles of beer, you take one down, pass it around, nine hundred ninety-nine million, nine hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall" has 40 words in it.
So, ballpark estimate, if you do all one billion rounds, it'll be roughly 40 billion chat messages.

Ya know...I think I could do it...
Food for thought.

That's good to hear. Always nice when someone has a pleasant time and a safe trip.
Post edited January 24, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Quick math time - the verse, "one billion bottles of beer on the wall, one billion bottles of beer, you take one down, pass it around, nine hundred ninety-nine million, nine hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall" has 40 words on it.
So, ballpark estimate, if you do all one billion rounds, it'll be roughly 40 billion chat messages.

Ya know...I think I could do it...
Food for thought.

That's good to hear. Always nice when someone has a pleasant time and a safe trip.
I know....that's why it is a real challenge :P
I mean we're talking about merely 4*10^10 messages - sounds like it could be done in a couple of years ;)

Thanks. :)
Post edited January 24, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: I know....that's why it is a real challenge :P
I mean we're talking about merely 4*10^10 messages ;)
I wonder if that would break the gog chat system :D
ElTerprise: I know....that's why it is a real challenge :P
I mean we're talking about merely 4*10^10 messages ;)
moonshineshadow: I wonder if that would break the gog chat system :D
Now that's funny.
Unlikely. It's protected by duct tape and dumb design decisions :D
ElTerprise: Unlikely. It's protected by duct tape and dumb design decisions :D
*laugh*
That is of course the best protection ever ;-)
Well...crap. Have to run errands before the game starts.

Back in a bit.
Good evening everyone .

I almost made a post in the Gog gifting thread .
ElTerprise: Yes. The time went really fast for that one...but i'm looking forward to it. The last trip i had was definitely worth and i expect that one won't be any different. Plus i'm going to visit Copenhagen and it's surrounding areas again :)

I would prefer that too because i'd hate to miss an insomnia or similar sale which means either now or at the end of February in case GOG actually want to hold an Insomnia sale of course :)

Yes. I know that from my GIS software too...
Well, I hope you have a great time there! :) I'm not sure I've ever been to Copenhagen. I might well have as a child - I do remember going to Denmark a few times - but I'm not sure about the city.

Yep, the thought of missing an insomnia sale is a terrible one. :P
AgentBirdnest: But how am I supposed to tell who is "foreign" and who isn't? Everyone is foreign in here :-p

Hahaha... Adults just don't understand how important presents are. They need to be very careful with that threat :-) Very cool story, but I hope you won't have any random expulsions of blood this time >__o
I mean foreign in the sense of something like a foreign bacteria that sneaks in and makes you sick. So I guess you'd be on the watch for the virtual equivalent of germs, A.K.A. spammers and the like. ;) (I'll just keep talking until something sticks. :P)

Exactly! Although, when I told this story to the anesthesist he immediately proceeded to one-up my parents. "Oh, if children don't behave I always tell them they'll have to come back to do the surgery all over again. That always gets them ..."

Well, fingers crossed for no vomiting. But apparently some bleeding from the nose is quite likely.

I do always bring up the tasty topics, don't I? :P
Post edited January 24, 2016 by FearfulSymmetry
moonshineshadow: *laugh*
That is of course the best protection ever ;-)
Exactly. Literally invincible ;)

CarrionCrow: Well...crap. Have to run errands before the game starts.

Back in a bit.
See you later :)

Painted_Doll: Good evening everyone .

I almost made a post in the Gog gifting thread .
Hello. Nice new avatar :)
How are you?

FearfulSymmetry: Well, I hope you have a great time there! :) I'm not sure I've ever been to Copenhagen. I might well have as a child - I do remember going to Denmark a few times - but I'm not sure about the city.

Yep, the thought of missing an insomnia sale is a terrible one. :P
Thank you :)
I've been there once - for a weekend. It's a really nice city :)

It definitely is :P
ElTerprise: Hello. Nice new avatar :)
How are you?
I'm fine , thank you .
Painted_Doll: I'm fine , thank you .
Glad to hear that :).
Watching a few episodes of "not the nine o' clock news" is strangely relaxing when you are upset about everything in general...

So you are headed to Copenhagen EIT? Scandinavia does have some beautiful cities and villages; Gothenburg jumps to mind, the museum of fine arts is worth a visit by itself...

I myself prefer the countryside though, cities have too many humans cramped together in one place, always makes me very nervous ;)

I also had this wickedly evil plan for one of the players in my roleplaying group *abusive DM smirk*
Okay, back. Thankfully, both the list and the lines were short. Didn't have to spend hours doing miserable shit.