It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

superstande: ;) I hope so.
Not saying there's anything wrong with Risen... It might be a perfect game for someone else.
Games are frustrating by design. That's what allows for the feeling of accomplishment when you make the frustration go away.
I don't get it, Bethesda's quest and dialogue writing tends to be awful but their in-game lore books tend to be pretty decent, what gives?! I'm spending my night reading up on some of the Elder Scrolls lore because why not? There's a lot of stuff going on in the lore that leads a lot of weight to the actions in the game but is almost never referenced in-game, which seems like a lot of lost potential.

and I'm listening to Heaven Sin by Neon Zoo, a pretty decent industrial/electro rock album. You can grab it for free (along with their other album O) legally at http://neonzoo.bandcamp.com/album/heaven-sin
*hugs and waves*
moonshineshadow: *hugs and waves*
*big Moon hug*
Good morning :-)
moonshineshadow: *hugs and waves*
AgentBirdnest: *big Moon hug*
Awww that is cute :-)
*more hugs*
AgentBirdnest: *big Moon hug*
moonshineshadow: Awww that is cute :-)
*more hugs*
*prepares to go all grabby grabby on moon *
Hope you're ready because I'll not hold back on the hugs today.
NoNewTaleToTell: It does run and look good but the main character's voice acting is just awful. Gameplay wise it seems like a enjoyable but shallow and generic hack n' bash game. I put about an hour of actual gameplay into it and another hour or two just flipping through the various languages, the German, French, Japanese and Russian voice acting is all solid, it's just the English voice acting that stinks.

Those are my thoughts on it at least. I might pick it up again one rainy day but I really doubt it.

Speaking of bad but enjoyable games, check out The MDickie Show by MDickie. He basically made a Jerry Springer Show parody brawler, complete with voice acting! Of course the voice acting is all done by MDickie because he's a one man show (harharhar, see what I did there?) but somehow it fits the game. From what I remember you play through episodes of the show, choosing to be the "good" guest or the "bad" guest. You'll sit through the opening statements and then it breaks out into a fight, the fighting is crude compared to his later games but it's passable (by amateur-ish standards).

Show topics included a former president vs a a captured alien that just wanted to go home, a wife confronting her husband because he was...uh... a bit too friendly with the family horse, and a boss vs his handicapped employee.

www.mdickie.com just head over to the download section to grab it. If it doesn't run well then go to the game's folder and just use the windowed version.
It does, doesn't it? However its voice acting (to me at least) wasn't of the kind "Hell, the things I'll do for a paycheck." bored and disinterested But rather of the "Hell If I'm doing this, let's go all out" kind. And it turned out hammier than Kim Kardashian's legs. Like I said, cheesier than a dairy. After the initial incredulity, I actually grew fond of the voice acting and found I enjoyed its hamminess, as I laughed my ass off while I listened.
But that's different people different strokes.
As for the mechanics itself. Yes indeed it is shallow, but not all games can have the depth and mourning atmosphere of Dark Souls. And I was in the mood for a simplistic hack-n-slash brawler with decent enough controls. Although some of the boss battles can be more than a bit... confusing.
CarrionCrow: Yeah, consoles are fine. Hell, the differences between the two are getting smaller and smaller as time goes on anyway.
There is no difference whatsoever since the last gen. the PS3 and 360 were basically custom built computers with a specialized OS. The main difference with PCs was that their processors used a different architecture. That small difference has even disappeared in the current gen with both Sony and Microsoft switching to Intel processors. Just like Apple did.

So remember kiddies, when you're playing your games on your PS4. You're playing on what's basically a games-oriented Mac.

Somewhere in hell Steve Jobs is laughing.
trentonlf: Seems that way for sure. I have a PS4 and its great for me :-)
CarrionCrow: I'm envious. Out of any console that's out now, that's the one I'll be picking when I can.
Same here, I owned both Xboxes and while I was decently satisfied with them, enough to even develop a shred of brand loyalty (The first xbox's Ninja Gaiden is one of the best games I've ever played). The Xbone stomped that little bit of affection I had for the brand into dust.Those retarded launch-day marketing ideas, like the always online, the locking of games to devices and their unsurprising backpedalling about the kinect being a necessary feature which remains even to this day largely unsupported, left me resenting the console rather than wishing for it.
Post edited January 24, 2016 by j0ekerr
superstande: Yeah... and I think I've established that for me point'n'click is a way more relaxing genre than 3rd person rpgs... My wife used to get annoyed at my cursing while playing Risen :)
Point and click can in fact be very relaxing, except when you start screaming at the screen about what the fuck does it want you to do now. You've used every single possible combination of items in your inventory and you're stuck. Then someone tells you that you have to throw that plate of pasta in the restaurant to the painting in the museum so that they will take it down for cleaning while you hide behind the fern then you punch the wall behind the painting and discover the monkeywrench you need to loosen the nuts on the captain's bycicle so that you can use the wheel as a gear in the machine of doom.

At which you want to throttle the script writer.
----
PS: Barefoot monkey has been working overtime recently.
Post edited January 24, 2016 by j0ekerr
I hate when people title their grand exit threads as "Thanks for all the fish." Not just here (I count three of them here), but on any forum. It's old. It's been done so many times. As if a grand exit didn't already make me roll my eyes, people have to attach that clichéd line to it, and I assume they think they are being clever and original.
If you really must get everyone's attention and sympathy, can't you please just say "Thanks for the good times" or just "I'm leaving" .... or, preferably, "I'm leaving, and I am arrogant enough to believe that I am one of the most important people here, that everyone loves me, and that everyone wants to hear why I don't like them anymore."

For the record, it was a random forum I was browsing elsewhere on the internet that sparked this little rant. Not this one. :-p
AgentBirdnest: For the record, it was a random forum I was browsing elsewhere on the internet that sparked this little rant. Not this one. :-p
*extra big hug*
That saying never made sense to me and I never bothered to look up where it is from :D
"Thanks for all the cheese" would be more appropriate anyway.

Morning all.

Also: Holy crap, a chat notification!
Thank you BM.
Post edited January 24, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Morning all.

Thank you BM.
*big hug*
Yep, they are working again. And first thing I did is turn them off, I don't want to see these numbers for chat messages, they are sometimes frightening :P

Thank you BM.
moonshineshadow: *big hug*
Yep, they are working again. And first thing I did is turn them off, I don't want to see these numbers for chat messages, they are sometimes frightening :P
That's because everybody loves you. I'm thrilled to see a "2". :-)

Thank you BM.
moonshineshadow: *big hug*
Well,you do run one of the most popular giveaways on the site só that's a given.