It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trentonlf: I've noticed that trend lately, consoles get earlier releases. That's ok though since I do like playing on the consoles too LOL :)
Yeah, consoles are fine. Hell, the differences between the two are getting smaller and smaller as time goes on anyway.
trentonlf: I don't think Rise is out yet, was talking about Tomb Raider. I have found it to be more enjoyable than I thought I would, just got to Shantytown so not sure how much more there is.
I LOVED the reboot that came out a few years back. I... actually don't think I had ever played a Tomb Raider prior to that. Fantastic, fun game despite some cliches. Gameplay it was spot on and just a ton of fun. Is that the one you're talking about, or is the brandie new one out yet? Though I do think I remember a shantytown so it's probably the one I played on console a few years back.

Also driveway is all clear, shoveling is done and I have a coffee in one hand, brownie in the other. Plus a bit of hanging out here. Not too bad at all.
trentonlf: I've noticed that trend lately, consoles get earlier releases. That's ok though since I do like playing on the consoles too LOL :)
CarrionCrow: Yeah, consoles are fine. Hell, the differences between the two are getting smaller and smaller as time goes on anyway.
Seems that way for sure. I have a PS4 and its great for me :-)
trentonlf: I don't think Rise is out yet, was talking about Tomb Raider. I have found it to be more enjoyable than I thought I would, just got to Shantytown so not sure how much more there is.
Ixamyakxim: I LOVED the reboot that came out a few years back. I... actually don't think I had ever played a Tomb Raider prior to that. Fantastic, fun game despite some cliches. Gameplay it was spot on and just a ton of fun. Is that the one you're talking about, or is the brandie new one out yet? Though I do think I remember a shantytown so it's probably the one I played on console a few years back.

Also driveway is all clear, shoveling is done and I have a coffee in one hand, brownie in the other. Plus a bit of hanging out here. Not too bad at all.
That is the one I'm referring too, it is very enjoyable so far.
Post edited January 24, 2016 by trentonlf
trentonlf:
I actually wish I hadn't just rented it, as I think it's one I'd like to go back to. Oh well, live and learn ;)

Especially in the first act or two, I think one of my favorite parts of the whole thing was the sense of traversal. It actually *felt* like I was moving about this perfectly real, logically laid out island, moving through different biomes and such. Getting up to the radio station (I think?) ... and then back down again was just great. Not to mention it had the perfect amount of "RPG-ness." Also really liked what I think it called "Metroidvania" aspects. Unlocking / finding the different tools and weapons needed to get to new areas / surpass obstacles.
Ixamyakxim: I actually wish I hadn't just rented it, as I think it's one I'd like to go back to. Oh well, live and learn ;)

Especially in the first act or two, I think one of my favorite parts of the whole thing was the sense of traversal. It actually *felt* like I was moving about this perfectly real, logically laid out island, moving through different biomes and such. Getting up to the radio station (I think?) ... and then back down again was just great. Not to mention it had the perfect amount of "RPG-ness." Also really liked what I think it called "Metroidvania" aspects. Unlocking / finding the different tools and weapons needed to get to new areas / surpass obstacles.
I'm a fan of Square Enix games and this one has not disappointed me so far :)
trentonlf:
Ixamyakxim: I actually wish I hadn't just rented it, as I think it's one I'd like to go back to. Oh well, live and learn ;)

Do you do games through Steam?

trentonlf: Seems that way for sure. I have a PS4 and its great for me :-)
I'm envious. Out of any console that's out now, that's the one I'll be picking when I can.
Post edited January 24, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: I'm envious. Out of any console that's out now, that's the one I'll be picking when I can.
I really like it and am glad my wife got it for me for Christmas ;)
CarrionCrow: Do you do games through Steam?
No not I. I actually physically rented it LOL. Like, walked into a place, paid a few bucks and walked out with a game I had to bring back in a few days! And before you ask, no the place no longer exists. I think that was probably its last gasp :( I actually miss being able to do that. I think it's probably a holdover from childhood joys, but RIP video game rental joint.

I DO have a place nearby that actually DOES rent Blurays / DVDs - and you bet your ass I still use that! ;)
Ixamyakxim: No not I. I actually physically rented it LOL. Like, walked into a place, paid a few bucks and walked out with a game I had to bring back in a few days! And before you ask, no the place no longer exists. I think that was probably its last gasp :( I actually miss being able to do that. I think it's probably a holdover from childhood joys, but RIP video game rental joint.

I DO have a place nearby that actually DOES rent Blurays / DVDs - and you bet your ass I still use that! ;)
Nothing wrong with that, I miss physical rental places.

-laughs- I'd do the same thing if it was available. Closest there is around here is some Redbox kiosks scattered around town.
CarrionCrow: I'm envious. Out of any console that's out now, that's the one I'll be picking when I can.
trentonlf: I really like it and am glad my wife got it for me for Christmas ;)
I can think of wayyyyyyyyyyy worse gifts to get. =)
Good Morning America! :P

Damn this hotel bed! It's way too comfortable!
I managed to progress in Technobabylon for a few hours... But then I fell asleep.
Hmm... Then again... I feel 10 years younger suddenly... :)
superstande: Good Morning America! :P

Damn this hotel bed! It's way too comfortable!
I managed to progress in Technobabylon for a few hours... But then I fell asleep.
Hmm... Then again... I feel 10 years younger suddenly... :)
Good morning. =)

With the bed being that nice, falling asleep sounds like it was inevitable.
Ah well, the game will still be there later.
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

With the bed being that nice, falling asleep sounds like it was inevitable.
Ah well, the game will still be there later.
Yeah... and I think I've established that for me point'n'click is a way more relaxing genre than 3rd person rpgs... My wife used to get annoyed at my cursing while playing Risen :)
superstande: Yeah... and I think I've established that for me point'n'click is a way more relaxing genre than 3rd person rpgs... My wife used to get annoyed at my cursing while playing Risen :)
-laughs- That works. You get less stress, she gets happier, which leads to less stress for both of you.
superstande: Yeah... and I think I've established that for me point'n'click is a way more relaxing genre than 3rd person rpgs... My wife used to get annoyed at my cursing while playing Risen :)
CarrionCrow: -laughs- That works. You get less stress, she gets happier, which leads to less stress for both of you.
;) I hope so.
Not saying there's anything wrong with Risen... It might be a perfect game for someone else.