It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I think there's something wrong with me.

Right after I mention trying to veer away from platformers after the last shitshow, what's the first thing I put on?
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. Another platformer.
*post for getting to see the new page...*
j0ekerr: So I was kinda busy with random stuff during that time, and missed this. I just only found out by browsing through Humble's store.

I just thought I should remind everyone about it.

Oh, and thank you Endre for telling me about Bionic Dues.
-----
Checking more of the Humble sale, I stumbled upon this. I remember seeing it about a year or so ago, slashed down to 3 bucks. I thought it looked cool back then, but its multiplayer-only nature kept me back. Fast forward to now and it's been cut down to less than a buck. So I go to Steam to check it out and... Yep, it's been abandoned, by both the community and the devs. Empty servers, with only a few russian guys in them.

A pity though, it still looks like a damn cool thing.

Oh, and Valkyria Chronicles has a lighter discount than past sales.
Still a damn good game though. If you don't mind the exceedingly weeabo storyline that made me facepalm so hard I was in danger of squashing my eyeballs against the back of my skull.
Seriously, how does logic work in Japan?!
One of the reasons why I dislike multiplayer games. Would rather have a game that's in good shape regardless of other people.

Think I saw somewhere that Valkyria's getting a remastered version. Not sure why, the bit I played of it looked good as is. Guess Sega wants to drain the title of every penny they can get.
*pokes head in room* Helloooo~ ^__^

I have keys available for the Kingdom Wars - Starter Pack and the Kingdom Wars - Ultimate Founder Pack if anyone is interested.

Details:

Kingdom Wars - Starter Pack
an amazing starter pack including 120 crowns and a powerful Ice Dragon, 15$ value*

Kingdom Wars - Ultimate Founder Pack
Enter the world of Kingdom Wars as a veteran VIP. Ultimate Founder Pack comes with everything that game shop has to offer - absolutely free, including the highly priced singleplayer campaign, 24 city slots and over 50$ in other features and benefits.

*This bonus requires you to install the free Kingdom Wars client on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/227180/

To Redeem - Start a new town, Login, Click on the Bank Icon, Click on Redeem Code, and enter the code.

Anyone interested?
CarrionCrow: I think there's something wrong with me.

Right after I mention trying to veer away from platformers after the last shitshow, what's the first thing I put on?
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. Another platformer.
We already know something is wrong with you :-p
At least Manhattan Project is a good one, if I remember correctly (which I don't. It was 14 years ago, and I only played the demo.) Maybe it will be redeeming.
genkicolleen: *pokes head in room* Helloooo~ ^__^
*welcome hug*

CarrionCrow: I think there's something wrong with me.
AgentBirdnest: We already know something is wrong with you :-p
Good that you wrote it, so I did not need to :P
Post edited January 23, 2016 by moonshineshadow
FearfulSymmetry: Hey all, how's the weekend treating you? :)
Good day, Ms Metry. It's okay so far. Full of ups, downs, and some laundry :-) Quite pleasant overall though. How about yours?
AgentBirdnest: Good day, Ms Metry. It's okay so far. Full of ups, downs, and some laundry :-) Quite pleasant overall though. How about yours?
Hi Agent. I read that you're having some health problems, though? Hope those get a bit better soon. :| Ah yes, laundry. There always seems to be an incredible amount of that around. :P

I've been working on my essay all day and it's still only half done. I've got a sore neck from all the peering into books I did today. :P But at least it should be done after tonight. And I'm kind of nervous for my surgery Monday, although I know that won't help anything. :P
j0ekerr: General consensus is that they're okay. Not exactly great games but they rate as slightly less painful than playing with a Lemarchand's box.
Sexy vampires fighting Nazis... That was all I needed to hear to buy it :-p

*adding Lemarchand's box to wishlist* :-)
FearfulSymmetry: Hi Agent. I read that you're having some health problems, though? Hope those get a bit better soon. :| Ah yes, laundry. There always seems to be an incredible amount of that around. :P

I've been working on my essay all day and it's still only half done. I've got a sore neck from all the peering into books I did today. :P But at least it should be done after tonight. And I'm kind of nervous for my surgery Monday, although I know that won't help anything. :P
Yeah... some odd symptoms. Lightheadness, shaking, and some awful nausea, but I don't seem to have caught a virus :-\ I should hear about my blood results in a few days. I'm sure it's nothing. My diagnosis will likely say "Massive Wuss" :-p

*big hug, and hands Fearful an ice-pack for her neck*
You're right, being nervous won't help anything... and I doubt telling you not to worry will help either :-p In any case, I hope it goes well. We'll be waiting here for you with hugs when you return.
Post edited January 23, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
genkicolleen: *pokes head in room* Helloooo~ ^__^
*Big hug* for popping in. Happy New Year to you too! :-)
AgentBirdnest: We already know something is wrong with you :-p
At least Manhattan Project is a good one, if I remember correctly (which I don't. It was 14 years ago, and I only played the demo.) Maybe it will be redeeming.
Uh huh...smartass. ;P -laughs-

Aside from some crankiness on the game's part initially, it's been working well. Nice little game with plenty of content for the 1.50 I paid.
moonshineshadow: Good that you wrote it, so I did not need to :P
And another ;P for you as well, lady.
Post edited January 23, 2016 by CarrionCrow
I decided to take a look at some of the other source books in my bundle of holding purchase, starting with Iron Edda: world of metal and bone.
Oh my God! It boils down to vikings on giant mystical mechas!
j0ekerr: I decided to take a look at some of the other source books in my bundle of holding purchase, starting with Iron Edda: world of metal and bone.
Oh my God! It boils down to vikings on giant mystical mechas!
Damn it, you are not helping my attempt to actually keep a non-insane budget.
AgentBirdnest: *Big hug* for popping in. Happy New Year to you too! :-)
*giggles and hugs* Thanks~!
CarrionCrow: Damn it, you are not helping my attempt to actually keep a non-insane budget.
So here's the basic setting.
Ragnarok may or may not be coming but the dwarves have begun mass-producing Destroyers (yes that Destroyer, although notoriously less OP), which are basically iron replicas of long dead Jottun (because Loki), and are stomping everyone else. Except for the gods who are all safe and cozy in Asgard because they're dicks.
After the initial stompings, some men find out how to unearth the bones from the corpses of Jottun and merge with them wearing them like a suit of armour, (again, because Loki), and are able to stand up against the Destroyers.

Cue epic battles.
----
Btw I just looked at Humble and saw that Blades of Time was up for $4,50-ish.
It might not be the most polished game. But it's a decent enough brawler, which runs well on middle to low end systems and still manages to look good. And unlike Valkyria, its plot cheese is more endearing than annoying.
I was laughing at the dialogue from the very start of the intro sequence.
Post edited January 24, 2016 by j0ekerr