It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Moi aussi. The NOLF games and Giants are three of my five favourite games, after all :-)
Have you played any other LSL games? Are they any better?
No, it's the first one I ever tried :)
Woohoo! The 6000 word essay is done! Finally!

Blegh. Now I have just one essay to go before Monday.

How are you all doing?
FearfulSymmetry: Woohoo! The 6000 word essay is done! Finally!

Blegh. Now I have just one essay to go before Monday.

How are you all doing?
\o/ 'Grats, Fearful! And g'luck with the last one :-)

Doing okay here. Haven't been feeling quite 100% today, but not 0% either, so... Not too bad I guess ;-)

Other than the constant bombardment of essays, how's life treating you?
Oh wow... somehow the forum has gone crazy in the last days. Tons of thread with titles that make no sense or strange speculations and stuff... makes the decision to stay in here better and better o.O

AgentBirdnest: Random question time!!
I know there are threads about it, but, well... What were your favourite and least favourite games that you played in 2015?
Oh that is easy. Favourite games I played last year were Gothic and Lands of Lore :P
Or did you perhaps mean games that are not part of the annual replay? ;-)

From the games I played for a first time last year, I enjoyed Timelapse the most. Great and beautiful adventure and it reminded me of Myst.
Least favourite was Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery. It was just... bleh... and I did not like the graphics at all. One of the games that made me glad I stopped buying bundles a few years ago.
Good evening everybody!

I think I'm just going to wage a policy of isolationism towards the media and world. Not much I can do except maintaining my own mental health and being a nice person to those around me. Getting emotionally overinvolved in stuff, like I tend to do, just ends up with me in a psychiatry, and I have no wish to repeat that scenario (I'm still taking pills, pffrt).

I did read the latest scientific american though; That's a magazine where you can at least witness some rare actual progress.

My favourite game of 2015 would be Sword of the Stars 1. I got the anthology on DVD through a local vendor, and the game has a cool mix of mostly-assymetrical gameplay between 6 races, involving both 4x management and cool RTS tactical fleet combat with outdated visuals that really ooze appeal. Slop in a massive semi-random tech tree, masses of ship parts, components and types, and a mod, and it's scratching all my right (and left) itches.

And you can easily mod the fleet size limit to something more akin of your current specs (game is quite old).

The least favourite would probably be Command and Conquer 4 (yes, bought it for 3 euri on a sale because a few people said they liked it and didn't get the hate). Steam actually says I played it for 5 hours?

No, never again....*caressess his tiberian sun box while whispering NOD propaganda lines in a Gollumy voice*
l0rdtr3k: Watch a Seltzerburg movie.
Might be good, I am interested. Thank you. By the way, the movie "The Black Chicken or Underground Inhabitants" was Ukrainian, mainly about a small boy and him adapting his new environment as he is given away by his parents to some school for boys. I was more interested in the appearances of people and surroundings, as they were old. People would wear white leggings and pompous clothes, and even those white fluffy wigs. Overall, somewhat interesting film to see just because it is very different from the movies we are used to watch nowadays. Though I would skip a channel if this came up on TV.

But something else was way more interesting. The place I've been in, is not a grand cinema. That is more like an apartment, that has one biggest room turned into homemade cinema of sorts. Watching movies there is free, it happens on Thursdays. We (me and the old woman that I am renting a room from (long story)) came a bit earlier. On the right wall there was a small showcase of photos, related to some historical events. I went to check them out, I was interested. And then... I don't know why - maybe because of my somewhat classy looks - a small group of people came after me to see the same showcase and even asked me questions about the photos, the gallery. I knew next to nothing, so answered what I could deduce from looking around. I felt special.

And then after the film ended, people started going out slowly. Some of them looked at me and thanked me for the nice evening and for the film. I wished them well, but imagine how good I felt afterwards.
Vnlr: Good evening everybody!
Good evening!
moonshineshadow: Oh wow... somehow the forum has gone crazy in the last days. Tons of thread with titles that make no sense or strange speculations and stuff... makes the decision to stay in here better and better o.O
Couldn't agree moar. It has become quite difficult to understand whether or not people talk seriously most of the times. But I found a good solution! Movie watching and game playing!
Post edited January 21, 2016 by Dessimu
moonshineshadow: Oh wow... somehow the forum has gone crazy in the last days. Tons of thread with titles that make no sense or strange speculations and stuff... makes the decision to stay in here better and better o.O
Dessimu: Couldn't agree moar. It has become quite difficult to understand whether or not people talk seriously most of the times. But I found a good solution! Movie watching and game playing!
Now this I can relate to ;)

Of lately I've been positively getting sick with stuff that is going on everywhere (rather more literally then I'd like). It's not very much of a solution but I'm burrying my head in the sand for the moment being.

...That's my 150 pages of maths for today, I'm going to listen to some of my horrible musical produce now...
AgentBirdnest: \o/ 'Grats, Fearful! And g'luck with the last one :-)

Doing okay here. Haven't been feeling quite 100% today, but not 0% either, so... Not too bad I guess ;-)

Other than the constant bombardment of essays, how's life treating you?
Thanks! I'll be starting on that tomorrow. :P

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll get back up to 100% soon. :)

Pretty good, trying not to think too much about the upcoming surgery. :P I'm just taking it easy for now as I don't want to strain myself too much before then. So I haven't been doing much apart from essay writing and sleeping. :P
Yep, it was pretty funny at first, but now half the threads seem to be insane and it's just overkill ...
Post edited January 21, 2016 by FearfulSymmetry
FearfulSymmetry: Thanks! I'll be starting on that tomorrow. :P

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll get back up to 100% soon. :)

Pretty good, trying not to think too much about the upcoming surgery. :P I'm just taking it easy for now as I don't want to strain myself too much before then. So I haven't been doing much apart from essay writing and sleeping. :P
Kiekeboe :p (long time no see!)

And yes, good luck with the essay! I hope you get great reviews!

Surgery? I should hope it is not too serious an operation? :s
Good evening everyone *big hugs and waves* :)
is this possible to stop the time? :P
l0rdtr3k: Watch a Seltzerburg movie.
Dessimu: Might be good, I am interested. Thank you. By the way, the movie "The Black Chicken or Underground Inhabitants" was Ukrainian, mainly about a small boy and him adapting his new environment as he is given away by his parents to some school for boys. I was more interested in the appearances of people and surroundings, as they were old. People would wear white leggings and pompous clothes, and even those white fluffy wigs. Overall, somewhat interesting film to see just because it is very different from the movies we are used to watch nowadays. Though I would skip a channel if this came up on TV.

But something else was way more interesting. The place I've been in, is not a grand cinema. That is more like an apartment, that has one biggest room turned into homemade cinema of sorts. Watching movies there is free, it happens on Thursdays. We (me and the old woman that I am renting a room from (long story)) came a bit earlier. On the right wall there was a small showcase of photos, related to some historical events. I went to check them out, I was interested. And then... I don't know why - maybe because of my somewhat classy looks - a small group of people came after me to see the same showcase and even asked me questions about the photos, the gallery. I knew next to nothing, so answered what I could deduce from looking around. I felt special.

And then after the film ended, people started going out slowly. Some of them looked at me and thanked me for the nice evening and for the film. I wished them well, but imagine how good I felt afterwards.
Vnlr: Good evening everybody!
Dessimu: Good evening!
Dessimu: Couldn't agree moar. It has become quite difficult to understand whether or not people talk seriously most of the times. But I found a good solution! Movie watching and game playing!
You don't know who Seltzerberg are? Lucky bastard,they are the hacks responsible for the "spoofs" movies like Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans.
bela555: is this possible to stop the time? :P
According to Dio Brando,yes.
Post edited January 21, 2016 by l0rdtr3k
ElTerprise: Good evening everyone *big hugs and waves* :)
Good evening to you! *exchange a hug and a mug of hot chocolate*

doing well I trust? :)
bela555: is this possible to stop the time? :P
Technically, if you move at extreme (like, silly) speeds or through intensely curved space time zones-somethings or somewhatevers, yes, time will go along at a slow crawl for you while the outside worlds keeps going normally...

...I believe...I dropped out of physics towards biology for a reason :p
Post edited January 21, 2016 by Vnlr
l0rdtr3k: You don't know who Seltzerberg are? Lucky bastard,they are the hacks responsible for the "spoofs" movies like Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans.
And there I was, thinking you offered an actually illuminating mover to watch... Now give me something worthwhile!
Vnlr: Good evening to you! *exchange a hug and a mug of hot chocolate*

doing well I trust? :)
Good evening *big return hug*
Thanks for the chocolate :)
I'm ok - bit exahausted from indoor football but otherwise fine. What about you?