It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ixamyakxim: Gotta ask - why go crazy? It was "on my radar" since they updated the card with shots of the game (on my radar meaning "hmm this looks interesting I'll have to keep an eye on it" and not "OMG BUY BUY BUY!!!"). Prior I was turned off by the mention of "hand drawn visuals" - until I saw what they meant - it's gorgeous.

Does it have a severe frustration component? I don't mind party wipes and restarts in a game like this - it's more about the journey, the loot and the learning / levels. But if it's annoying as hell that's a different matter...
I mentioned it that way because I think the difficulty is going to kick a fair number of people's asses, including my own.
But at the same time, I think it'll be a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for watching my own people go insane, the mixture of wanting to see how crazed and broken they can be while still achieving goals.
CarrionCrow:
Ah good deal. In a traditional RPG I think limping allow with a constantly destroyed party is a pain in the ass, because my "goals" might be something like advancing the story or exploring new areas, while also growing my party.

In a roguelike seeing how far one can go with an increasingly fu*#$ed group is part of the charm - because you can fire it up and start all over again ;) Losing your main character in a traditional RPG = SAVE SCUM TIME! Losing your main character in a roguelike = "Well, time to see how the Level One Newbie does on dungeon floor 47" time *evil smile*

So good to see you think this one will stay on the side of fun - I was nervous for a moment there!
Ixamyakxim: Ah good deal. In a traditional RPG I think limping allow with a constantly destroyed party is a pain in the ass, because my "goals" might be something like advancing the story or exploring new areas, while also growing my party.

In a roguelike seeing how far one can go with an increasingly fu*#$ed group is part of the charm - because you can fire it up and start all over again ;) Losing your main character in a traditional RPG = SAVE SCUM TIME! Losing your main character in a roguelike = "Well, time to see how the Level One Newbie does on dungeon floor 47" time *evil smile*

So good to see you think this one will stay on the side of fun - I was nervous for a moment there!
Well, between characters starting with both positive and negative traits, stress stacking up mental damage and the potential for more and more defects, the fucked up party part is inevitable, I think.

I played the first real run of the game and had quite a few laughs, even as I took more and more mental and physical injuries. Thinking I can keep that going as long as I don't get foolishly attached to people. The graveyard's going to get full.
EndreWhiteMane: Howdy all, hope y'all are doin' OK today.
Just waiting for UPS to show up with my replacement computer, hopefully a working one this time. ;)
Ixamyakxim: Hey I missed this first go around - what happened?
First one was locking up/crashing. Probably bad RAM so back it goes. :-)
I want a pony!
FearfulSymmetry: Hi! And thanks. :) How are you yourself?

I'll see if I can at least fit some yoga into my days. :P
I'm alright... can't wait for Spring :)
It's really been proper cold Winter lately. But it's nice to stay inside and enjoy a relaxing evening.

Alrighty, yoga sounds good!
superstande: Alrighty, yoga sounds good!
*totally does pilates* *ducks head, chagrined*
superstande: I'm alright... can't wait for Spring :)
It's really been proper cold Winter lately. But it's nice to stay inside and enjoy a relaxing evening.

Alrighty, yoga sounds good!
Yep, it's finally gotten cold over here as well. Luckily I've been able to stay indoors mostly. :)

Haha, it does! Now to free up some actual time for it.

Ixamyakxim: *totally does pilates* *ducks head, chagrined*
Pilates is good too. :P
Just updated my list, now it's back over 50. Son of a bitch.
I hate snow.....well and public which acts surprised when having snow in winter.....

Oh and good evening everyone *big hugs and waves* :)
Post edited January 19, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: I hate snow.....well and public which acts surprised when having snow in winter.....

I like snow... Used to have really fun snowman-building contests with my neighbour as a kid. I wish I still had a neighbour willing to do that. And I wish I had the snow required to build a snowman :-p

Anyway... *big hug*
ElTerprise: I hate snow.....well and public which acts surprised when having snow in winter.....

Good evening. =)

Hopefully the bad weather isn't making your cold that much worse.
The "no fast travel" rule in Skyrim is getting closer and closer to getting broken. I'm not sure I can handle another back and forth ping pong between Whiterun and the Throat of the World, not to mention the Dawnguard/Dark Brotherhood quests that send you all over Skyrim. That's not even taking into account the side quest morons that say things like "hey I know that we're in Riften, but I left a potato in a cave above Solitude, could you go grab it for me? I'll give you 20 septims!".
NoNewTaleToTell: The "no fast travel" rule in Skyrim is getting closer and closer to getting broken. I'm not sure I can handle another back and forth ping pong between Whiterun and the Throat of the World, not to mention the Dawnguard/Dark Brotherhood quests that send you all over Skyrim. That's not even taking into account the side quest morons that say things like "hey I know that we're in Riften, but I left a potato in a cave above Solitude, could you go grab it for me? I'll give you 20 septims!".
Everything you just described? That was Skyrim for me in a nutshell. Piddly side quest after piddly side quest, bouncing around everywhere.
NoNewTaleToTell: The "no fast travel" rule in Skyrim is getting closer and closer to getting broken. I'm not sure I can handle another back and forth ping pong between Whiterun and the Throat of the World, not to mention the Dawnguard/Dark Brotherhood quests that send you all over Skyrim. That's not even taking into account the side quest morons that say things like "hey I know that we're in Riften, but I left a potato in a cave above Solitude, could you go grab it for me? I'll give you 20 septims!".
I think you are crazy :-)
I have absolutely zero patience for getting around in large open worlds without fast-travel. I usually complain when fast-travel spots are too far apart. In New Vegas, I can't fast travel to the Las Vegas strip - I can only fast travel to the gate and have to enter myself. That's 12 seconds that don't go fast enough :-p