It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Random curiosity... Have your favourite game genres changed over time, or remained mostly the same? Any genre that you hated, but now love (or vice-versa)?
Not really. Still like the same type of games as years back. And that is actually good otherwise I'd get into trouble with going through my backlog :P
ElTerprise: Hey Agent *big hug*
Good question actually. Well i never really liked FPS's and platformers that much when i was younger and i'm perfectly fine with both now - desptie being somewhat bad in platformers ^^

Have to think to think more about it before i can give you a more detailled and elaborate answer :)
*rug*

When I was really young, I didn't have a favourite genre. I didn't even classify games by genre. To me, games were just games. Looking back though, I mostly played platformers and adventure games as a kid. Over time, I really started to hate platformers, but I've grown to love them again just in the last 3.27 years. I kinda stopped playing adventure games as I got older too, but I play a lot of them in the last couple of years, and it is one of my two favourite genres now.
The first game I ever played was a racing game, and I loved it, but now I don't enjoy racing games at all.
I used to hate RPGs, and now I like them (I still don't play too many of them, and I'm very picky about which ones I do play.)
FPS has been my favourite constantly since I was about 13.
l0rdtr3k: Time for to go to bed now.
G'night peeps and have a nice weekend and remember,winners don't do drugs.
They also never click on Blob's links :-p
Good night.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
EndreWhiteMane: (...)
Have you tried out the Chernobyl game by any chance? I took a closer look at it and it might be some decent fun but i'm not sure if i should get it :)

AgentBirdnest: *rug*

When I was really young, I didn't have a favourite genre. I didn't even classify games by genre. To me, games were just games. Looking back though, I mostly played platformers and adventure games as a kid. Over time, I really started to hate platformers, but I've grown to love them again just in the last 3.27 years. I kinda stopped playing adventure games as I got older too, but I play a lot of them in the last couple of years, and it is one of my two favourite genres now.
The first game I ever played was a racing game, and I loved it, but now I don't enjoy racing games at all.
I used to hate RPGs, and now I like them (I still don't play too many of them, and I'm very picky about which ones I do play.)
FPS has been my favourite constantly since I was about 13.
Well it was probably the same for me but i do remember that i never really liked FPS - first one i then played was UT99 when i visited a friend. I don't really remember the first game i played but i know that Age of Empires 1 was one of the first games i had. And i still love RTS games although i tned to prefer the Paradox style grand strategy game RTS rather than the AoE / RoN / EE / C&C style of RTS :)
l0rdtr3k: Time for to go to bed now.
G'night peeps and have a nice weekend and remember,winners don't do drugs.
Good night.
But i won't click that link ;)
Post edited January 17, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Good night.
But i won't click that link ;)
Will you click this one?
EndreWhiteMane: (...)
ElTerprise: Have you tried out the Chernobyl game by any chance? I took a closer look at it and it might be some decent fun but i'm not sure if i should get it :)
No I haven't, with my backlog it may be a while. (years?) :-)
zeogold: Will you click this one?
Don't know. But when you're asking i probably shouldn't but then again there is a good chance that it might be blocked any - in case it is a music video or something like that :)

EndreWhiteMane: No I haven't, with my backlog it may be a while. (years?) :-)
Okay. Thanks. But i guess i can spend 0,54€ without knowing much of its qualities. :)
Edit: But i also have a huge backlog....decisions.... :)
Post edited January 17, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Definitely. I also like the sarcastic or cynical approach but that could be subsumed under humour as well ;)
How are you btw?
whoops... I'm doing fine :)
Only 12 hours late with reply... got into watching some movies from netflix. I closed it around Summer , and now checking it out there's lots of new stuff. And got this Hola App, which is quite useful in Finland - where movies usually come too slowly.

by the way - after fixing a freezing issue with resolution change - Underrail is to me already an instant classic - and I'm still in tutorial :)
Post edited January 17, 2016 by superstande
AgentBirdnest: Random curiosity... Have your favourite game genres changed over time, or remained mostly the same? Any genre that you hated, but now love (or vice-versa)?
There's a thread for that.
CarrionCrow: Trying to get all of them out of the way as quickly as I can. (When I'm not getting distracted by the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of collectibles...)

Saints Row 4 definitely has its moments, usually when it comes to the rifts and the later stages of mind over murder. Fucking infuriating at some points.

Asylum has a much more focused area and story. City's good if you feel like screwing around for hours on end, but it definitely lacks the focus of the original.

Prototype is very good at making the player do exactly that. With the later movement-related side quests/missions/whatever you want to call them, you spend as much time if not more wrestling with the camera and controls as you do actually trying to get through them on time.
ElTerprise: Understandable. Did the same with the AR missions and with some side activities in other SR games.
Oh i remember those. As much as i like the Saints Row games - some of their side missions were really unbalanced....

Yep. And that's really beneficial. City might have had the better and more fluid combat system but Asylum was definitely more focused. Someone described Asylum as some kind of 3D-Metroidvania - i don't think that this is generally a wrong assessment...to some degree..
Well both City and Origins had those problems - especially because the city felt empty and many of the side quests and collectible searches were really tedious...

O.o....seems like they forgot about QA and playtesting before release.....
Although it did feel empty (they all do after finishing them, in my opinion), I think Arkham Origins had the best side quest. Anarky's questline was great thanks to strong writing, although the missions were simple enough.

I don't know, Asylum was definitely a LOT more focused but...well actually I'm gonna stop that train of thought. I was going to say that I prefer City to Asylum...but I'm not so sure that I actually do.

I played City first and loved it and I think it's a case of rose tinted bat-glasses. I think the story was a bit better in City than Asylum in terms of dramatic flair but Asylum felt like it could've been an actual episode of Batman The Animated Series or a standalone movie. Both of them got a bit tedious to travel around in at the later stages of the game, although I'd say Asylum was a bit more annoying in terms of that, simply because it felt like the loading screens were a bit more frequent in it.

Origins took forever to "get going" (several hours) but...I actually really liked the story in it. My only gripe writing wise is that it seemed to bungle up the start of the Harley/Joker relationship (but I could be remembering incorrectly or have the context wrong) and a few other potential continuity errors. Gameplay wise it was the most polished of the three, although it had way more bugs than the first two. Its DLC was better than City's, although it was basically a rehash of the classic Batman: The Animated Series episode so it would've been hard to get too bad, in my opinion.

Huh, so I guess I actually do prefer Arkham Asylum over City BUT Origins might actually be my favorite of the three.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by NoNewTaleToTell
Good morning everyone *big hugs and waves with some snow* :)

superstande: whoops... I'm doing fine :)
Only 12 hours late with reply... got into watching some movies from netflix. I closed it around Summer , and now checking it out there's lots of new stuff. And got this Hola App, which is quite useful in Finland - where movies usually come too slowly.

by the way - after fixing a freezing issue with resolution change - Underrail is to me already an instant classic - and I'm still in tutorial :)
Glad to hear that. IYes that can happen when watching stuff on Netflix :)

Sounds good. Underrail is also on my list of games to get at some point.

NoNewTaleToTell: Although it did feel empty (they all do after finishing them, in my opinion), I think Arkham Origins had the best side quest. Anarky's questline was great thanks to strong writing, although the missions were simple enough.

I don't know, Asylum was definitely a LOT more focused but...well actually I'm gonna stop that train of thought. I was going to say that I prefer City to Asylum...but I'm not so sure that I actually do.

I played City first and loved it and I think it's a case of rose tinted bat-glasses. I think the story was a bit better in City than Asylum in terms of dramatic flair but Asylum felt like it could've been an actual episode of Batman The Animated Series or a standalone movie. Both of them got a bit tedious to travel around in at the later stages of the game, although I'd say Asylum was a bit more annoying in terms of that, simply because it felt like the loading screens were a bit more frequent in it.

Origins took forever to "get going" (several hours) but...I actually really liked the story in it. My only gripe writing wise is that it seemed to bungle up the start of the Harley/Joker relationship (but I could be remembering incorrectly or have the context wrong) and a few other potential continuity errors. Gameplay wise it was the most polished of the three, although it had way more bugs than the first two. Its DLC was better than City's, although it was basically a rehash of the classic Batman: The Animated Series episode so it would've been hard to get too bad, in my opinion.

Huh, so I guess I actually do prefer Arkham Asylum over City BUT Origins might actually be my favorite of the three.
I think you're right with the sidequests in Origins. Also liked the crime scenes in it. I thought of something like the destruction of the TITAN canisters in City and whatnot as somewhat tedious....

While i liked the City i always felt that it dragged on a bit in the end - cannot even really say why i felt that way. But it was a great follow-up to the Asylum storyline. The Origins story wasn't bad either although i would have liked to see another main antagonist in it.

Origins is definitely not as bad as many people claim. I had huge technical issues with it in the beginning but when those were more or less fixed i really enjoyed it. Still haven't played the story dlc though - but what you said about it sounds promising. Better than the Harley Quinn one from City which i found a bit disappointing....
zeogold: There's a thread for that.
You mean there are other threads here? ê__ê
Meh. There is another thread for it :-)
ElTerprise: Good morning everyone *big hugs and waves with some snow* :)
*shapes snow into a ball and throws it back at you* :-p
Post edited January 17, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: *shapes snow into a ball and throws it back at you* :-p
Hey :O........ :D
*big hug* How are you doing?
Who's ready to get hugged today?
ElTerprise: Hey :O........ :D
*big hug* How are you doing?
n__n *return hug*
Feeling a bit... meh. I slept pretty well, but am still exhausted. Lots of little things (I think side effects from a medication; things like difficulty sleeping and appetite problems) have been building up recently, which wasn't too bad at first, but when they persist for over a month it's a real pain in the arse. Otherwise, I'm in a decent mood, and am fairly relaxed today, so it's a win.
How about yourself?
Played some Skyrim and got into/out of Blackreach and in record time. Actually this is probably my favorite trip through it, not because of how easily I got through Blackreach, but because...well...I don't know. I don't like the Dwemer ruins in general (I hate the "bronze bronze BRONZE N' GEARS" steampunk aesthetic) but Blackreach itself is interesting.

This is probably my favorite Skyrim playthrough in general, not sure why other than I put off doing nearly any quest until I was in my late 10s level wise, so everything feels more satisfying (better rewards, better loot in dungeons, better enemies etc etc). I haven't really dungeon dived at all, didn't touch the main quest until I was around level 30 and have probably done less than twenty quests in total.