It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Best thing is that they offer the last year's FIFA (not to mention outdated Sims)...oh well...not interested in that anyway.

Good evening everyone :)
Good points. And it's not a matter of distribution deals, it's their own products. They just aren't willing to include them.

Good evening to you as well.
Painted_Doll: Good evening . Listen some oldies .
Thanks for the link. Could really listen to some oldies now :)
How are you doing?

CarrionCrow: Good points. And it's not a matter of distribution deals, it's their own products. They just aren't willing to include them.

Good evening to you as well.
Hey Crow. How are you?
Yup...looks like cheap way for them to make some money. I guess they're betting on those who want to play Battlefield or Inquisition. The rest seems like filler for me...i mean if they actually are willing to put their recent stuff in it than it might be a good deal ... but that's unlikely as were talking about EA ;)
ElTerprise: Thanks for the link. Could really listen to some oldies now :)
How are you doing?
I'm fine thanks . Listening that radio station .
edit : I also feel old .
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Painted_Doll
ElTerprise: Hey Crow. How are you?
Yup...looks like cheap way for them to make some money. I guess they're betting on those who want to play Battlefield or Inquisition. The rest seems like filler for me...i mean if they actually are willing to put their recent stuff in it than it might be a good deal ... but that's unlikely as were talking about EA ;)
Doing all right here. Slowly coming out the other end of a mood shift, feels like.

That might work short-term, but they're not bringing enough to the table to keep people interested for more than a month.

Agreed. They will be very hesitant to rent for pennies when they want 60 dollars apiece, plus all the DLC transactions they can get out of every customer.
Very silly move on their parts when you consider that they could be getting thousands of sales on old properties if they were willing to run them through GOG. Speaks to their greed, not wanting to split the pie with anyone, happier with 100 percent of nothing than 70 percent of something real.
I hope they will not remove all their games from Gog .
Painted_Doll: I hope they will not remove all their games from Gog .
They might, in the end. They're not exactly big on sharing.
What wins out - greed, or complacency?
Post edited January 12, 2016 by CarrionCrow
Painted_Doll: I'm fine thanks . Listening that radio station .
edit : I also feel old .
That's good to hear. Why do you feel old?

CarrionCrow: Doing all right here. Slowly coming out the other end of a mood shift, feels like.

That might work short-term, but they're not bringing enough to the table to keep people interested for more than a month.

Agreed. They will be very hesitant to rent for pennies when they want 60 dollars apiece, plus all the DLC transactions they can get out of every customer.
Very silly move on their parts when you consider that they could be getting thousands of sales on old properties if they were willing to run them through GOG. Speaks to their greed, not wanting to split the pie with anyone, happier with 100 percent of nothing than 70 percent of something real.
Well that's good to hear.
Sure - but long-term thinking is usually not a strength of those publishers which want the fast coin....
Well if i see that correctly DLC is not included in those games...which means that customers who want the full experience still need to buy the DLC...which will be useless the moment they'd cancel the subscription...

Yes...that's a real pity.
That would utterly stupid - but hardly surprising. They could sell the games on Origin then in a working condition (unlike Steam) after they received the GOG fixes....
Post edited January 12, 2016 by ElTerprise
Hi Fredistas! *hugs and waves*

I'm sitting on the train to Cologne at the moment, drinking a beer, playing some Banner Saga and just wanting to drop in for a moment. Hope you all are doing good so far :)

Btw, I don't think game subscription services are bad thing, but considering that I got most of the games in the vault from Humble Bundle or EA's own 'On the House', I don't think it's interesting at all for me. Maybe, after I've finished Dragon Age I and II, but by that time Inquisition will be so cheap that I'll prefer to get it without subscribing. I prefer something like the humble monthly subscription - I'm quite disappointed that I missed it this month's bundle with Grim Fandango and Talos Principle. On the other hand, $ 12 is just too much for my taste.
I don't think they will. Their games here are so old, there is hardly another place to find an audience willing to pay for them. I mean, we're the weirdest nerds around ;)
But I don't expect them to add any new games, unfortunately...
Post edited January 12, 2016 by PalioDeMonte
PalioDeMonte: Hi Fredistas! *hugs and waves*

I'm sitting on the train to Cologne at the moment, drinking a beer, playing some Banner Saga and just wanting to drop in for a moment. Hope you all are doing good so far :)

Btw, I don't think game subscription services are bad thing, but considering that I got most of the games in the vault from Humble Bundle or EA's own 'On the House', I don't think it's interesting at all for me. Maybe, after I've finished Dragon Age I and II, but by that time Inquisition will be so cheap that I'll prefer to get it without subscribing. I prefer something like the humble monthly subscription - I'm quite disappointed that I missed it this month's bundle with Grim Fandango and Talos Principle. On the other hand, $ 12 is just too much for my taste.
I don't think they will. Their games here are so old, there is hardly another place to find an audience willing to pay for them. I mean, we're the weirdest nerds around ;)
But I don't expect them to add any new games, unfortunately...
I don't think that subscription based games services are bad but considering the failure of previous attempts and the lackluster line-up of EA's attempt won't make that worthwile...
And in the case of Inquisition i guess it's better to wait for the GOTY get on sale rather than subscribing to play the Digital Deluxe Edition...
ElTerprise: I don't think that subscription based games services are bad but considering the failure of previous attempts and the lackluster line-up of EA's attempt won't make that worthwile...
Yeah, that line up. Some Battlefield, some Fifa, all Dragon Age... Not so interesting. But as I said, I prefer subscriptions like Humble Monthly, XBox Gold or PS Plus - pay your subscription, add games to your library every month, download them, play them 5 years later if you want to...
PalioDeMonte: Yeah, that line up. Some Battlefield, some Fifa, all Dragon Age... Not so interesting. But as I said, I prefer subscriptions like Humble Monthly, XBox Gold or PS Plus - pay your subscription, add games to your library every month, download them, play them 5 years later if you want to...
Yes i agree. Those are fine. Had a PS Plus subscription for some time and the "free" games were mostly really good. Not to mention the discounts etc...
Still not sure about Humble Monthly...also feel that it might be a bit expensive.
And the thing is that EA didn't even bother to include the recent FIFA 16...they put 15 in it which is pointless....
For the 3rd time it's started snowing today.
pimpmonkey2382.313: Hey I got that steam key for tew 2010 if you want it.
Thanks, I'm definitely up for giving it a try. Maybe I'll work in making a promotion that's a mix between ECW, 97/98 WCW and 2003-2005 TNA.

You're not snowed in are you?
Anyone here want a cuddle?
*slow wave at slow thread*

Good evenoon, Fred. Every had better be feeling excellent.
Post edited January 13, 2016 by AgentBirdnest