It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Been shooting up rebel scum in tie fighter.
NoNewTaleToTell: Happy belated birthday thread!
Howdy, cool new avatar. How's it going?
EndreWhiteMane: 87,000 posts Crow, are the lights getting dim at your place? Think I saw a little flicker here.
GOG servers be drawin' the juice! :-)
CarrionCrow: -laughs- I never knew you had cameras installed at my place...
I meant my lights flickered. :-)

Ooooo 10 to go!
pimpmonkey2382.313: Been shooting up rebel scum in tie fighter.
What type of joystick do you have? I've been looking for one.
Post edited January 03, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
NoNewTaleToTell: Happy belated birthday thread!
EndreWhiteMane: Howdy, cool new avatar. How's it going?
CarrionCrow: -laughs- I never knew you had cameras installed at my place...
EndreWhiteMane: I meant my lights flickered. :-)

Ooooo 10 to go!
pimpmonkey2382.313: Been shooting up rebel scum in tie fighter.
EndreWhiteMane: What type of joystick do you have? I've been looking for one.
Don't have one yet, been using a PS3 controller. Though a friend of mine has one for me he just hasn't sent out yet.
CarrionCrow: Good afternoon/evening. =)

Haven't seen you in a bit, how've you been doing?
Hello! Yeah, I decided to take a couple of week break from the forums. I'm doing good here, how are you?

Hey there, a-okay here, how's the time of day treatin' ya?
CarrionCrow: Good afternoon/evening. =)

Haven't seen you in a bit, how've you been doing?
NoNewTaleToTell: Hello! Yeah, I decided to take a couple of week break from the forums. I'm doing good here, how are you?

NoNewTaleToTell: Hey there, a-okay here, how's the time of day treatin' ya?
Having an OK evening here, good to see you back.
EndreWhiteMane: I meant my lights flickered. :-)

Ooooo 10 to go!
I was about to say...
If you've got access to magical teleporting video cameras, for the love of god don't waste them filming me. That's a whole lot of awesome wasted on some intensely boring crap ;)
NoNewTaleToTell: Hello! Yeah, I decided to take a couple of week break from the forums. I'm doing good here, how are you?
Doing all right here. Just shut off the game I was playing since it's trying to make my arm fall off.
Beyond that, it's the thrilling experience of deciding whether to play a different game, or just say to hell with it and turn Netflix on for a while.
Post edited January 03, 2016 by CarrionCrow
I forgot how unforgiving being an spellcaster in the earlier TES games is. Low health,having a hard time to hit a rat or a common thief and the fact that you need to sleep every 5 minutes to restore MP but damn,those games are so much fun to play.
l0rdtr3k: I forgot how unforgiving being an spellcaster in the earlier TES games is. Low health,having a hard time to hit a rat or a common thief and the fact that you need to sleep every 5 minutes to restore MP but damn,those games are so much fun to play.
I'm absolutely loving daggerfall right now.
pimpmonkey2382.313: I'm absolutely loving daggerfall right now.
Which class? I'm playing it(again) as a Spellsword right now.
pimpmonkey2382.313: I'm absolutely loving daggerfall right now.
l0rdtr3k: Which class? I'm playing it(again) as a Spellsword right now.
Simular, I was using a battlemage.
EndreWhiteMane: It might run Witcher3 but I don't care, that game is for rich kids.
moonshineshadow: Or for persons whose mum wanted to play the game and gave money to buy it :P
And someday I'll be able to run it :D
Funny when you first said this I thought YOU were the mum that "gifted" it to HER kids. I too have the Witcher in the back of my mind... I do think I want to play it (I'm pretty sure I know I do LOL) but for some reason I'm not chomping at the bit just yet - I think I have enough gaming for the moment that I'm not losing it too much.

I went through this and asked the same thing here when TIE Fighter was released. Strikebot (I think is the name?) suggested a $50 stick called the T-16000 (I was specifically looking for a lefty stick and this one could be adjusted) and lucky enough I actually had a gift card from turning in a few games. I LOVE this stick. I can see why Strikebot is such a raving fan of it. A ton of buttons, awesome "heft" and has performed well in every game I've used it with. And it just feels good in the hands. The buttons are so-so, but the actual shaft and base feel like I'm really flying some crazy craft and not just playing with a toy.

CarrionCrow: Played a little of Killer is Dead already. The story is deranged, but I like that sort of thing, so that's a plus.
I figured you might like the story (I was hoping to plug my way through it as well). For me, at least on console the most glaring offense was the feel of combat. I don't know what it was that didn't work for me but I just couldn't get into it (I'm a bit biased as I'm not terribly skilled / versed at "combo action" games - the last one I put serious time into getting good at was the re-release of Ninja Gaiden). From what I remember, there was something a bit herky jerky about it - or maybe I just had a different expectation for what I wanted from it (I love the idea of seamless ranged / melee action combat).
Ixamyakxim: I figured you might like the story (I was hoping to plug my way through it as well). For me, at least on console the most glaring offense was the feel of combat. I don't know what it was that didn't work for me but I just couldn't get into it (I'm a bit biased as I'm not terribly skilled / versed at "combo action" games - the last one I put serious time into getting good at was the re-release of Ninja Gaiden). From what I remember, there was something a bit herky jerky about it - or maybe I just had a different expectation for what I wanted from it (I love the idea of seamless ranged / melee action combat).
Just getting started, so I can't put in too much info on my experience with it. Despite the mini-game, I'll play through it, I'm sure.
Ixamyakxim: I went through this and asked the same thing here when TIE Fighter was released. Strikebot (I think is the name?) suggested a $50 stick called the T-16000 (I was specifically looking for a lefty stick and this one could be adjusted) and lucky enough I actually had a gift card from turning in a few games. I LOVE this stick. I can see why Strikebot is such a raving fan of it. A ton of buttons, awesome "heft" and has performed well in every game I've used it with. And it just feels good in the hands. The buttons are so-so, but the actual shaft and base feel like I'm really flying some crazy craft and not just playing with a toy.
Thanks, just added it to my (very long) Amazon wish list. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: Thanks, just added it to my (very long) Amazon wish list. :-)
Obviously your mileage may vary if you aren't wedded to the idea of a lefty / righty stick and wanted discrete stick / throttle components but I've been more than happy and haven't looked back. Give me 10 minutes and we can all laugh at the stick I used to play TIE Fighter with the first time around...
OK, so i just bought Pillars of Eternity Royal Edition at the rental store for $36.00. If I love it so much I have to have a DRM free copy I can buy the Hero Edition here and use all of the other stuff from the rental purchase.
That would be 36 + 45 = 81 and I'd still save 9 bucks over the full edition here. (On sale would be even better)
Now, is that a well thought out justification or what? :-)