It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FearfulSymmetry: Woohoo, a game I'd pre-ordered over a year ago was finally released today! So awesome to be able to play this over the coming days. :)

How are you all doing today? :)
Hey. Great news - which game is it if i may ask?

I'm good thanks - how are you?
EndreWhiteMane: Hi Ray Santa! Doing fair here today.
You doing alright?
*wave, hug or cookie*
Hey Endre - good to hear. I'm good and thanks for the cookie :)
Post edited December 22, 2015 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Hey. Great news - which game is it if i may ask?

See my reply to Endre above. :) I particularly like Moacube - the studio - because they make an innovative kind of visual novel. The designs are always stunning. The backgrounds are very pretty and they are always careful about adding small details like lighting and movement. I found their previous game, Cinders, to be quite enjoyable as well, especially as the game had a kind of hidden tracker that assigned a personality to the main character based on your choices, and that in turn influenced the story. From what I've played of the demo of this game, it's even better than the previous, and I like that it's made by a small studio that is very serious about listening to its fans and implementing feedback.

I'm doing quite well. Did some shopping earlier today (it was super busy because of the pre-Christmas rush) and I still have some translation work to do now. :) Good to hear you're doing well yourself.
EndreWhiteMane: Hiya Fearful, what game's out?
*hug with cookie*
FearfulSymmetry: Solstice, a visual novel. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them. The game is not officially out yet but it was just released for pre-order owners today. I've been looking forward to this one for quite a while. :)

*thankfully eats cookie* *big hug* How are you feeling today?
Looks kinda cool, I'm more into 'choose your own adventures' which I'm really starting to enjoy on the tablet at night.
Not real good but I have a doctors appt later that hopefully will help.
FearfulSymmetry: Woohoo, a game I'd pre-ordered over a year ago was finally released today! So awesome to be able to play this over the coming days. :)

How are you all doing today? :)
ElTerprise: Hey. Great news - which game is it if i may ask?

EndreWhiteMane: Hi Ray Santa! Doing fair here today.
You doing alright?
*wave, hug or cookie*
ElTerprise: Hey Endre - good to hear. I'm good and thanks for the cookie :)
You're welcome and if you're looking at Underrail I say go for it.
It's very well made and the first few hours have been quite fun.
Post edited December 22, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Looks kinda cool, I'm more into 'choose your own adventures' which I'm really starting to enjoy on the tablet at night.
Oh yes, I like those too. Have you checked out the Choice of Games games on Steam? Some of them are quite enjoyable. As I mentioned to ElT, I particularly like this studio because I feel like they're pushing at the limits of what visual novels can do, and as such their products are notably different from most visual novels.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the visit to the doctor will be at least somewhat helpful.
EndreWhiteMane: You're welcome and if you're looking at Underrail I say go for it.
How about the story thus far? One of the reviews said that the storytelling wasn't that impressive, and as I'm a sucker for story, I've been holding off on purchasing for a bit.
Post edited December 22, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry
EndreWhiteMane: Looks kinda cool, I'm more into 'choose your own adventures' which I'm really starting to enjoy on the tablet at night.
FearfulSymmetry: Oh yes, I like those too. Have you checked out the Choice of Games games on Steam? Some of them are quite enjoyable. As I mentioned to ElT, I particularly like this studio because I feel like they're pushing at the limits of what visual novels can do, and as such their products are notably different from most visual novels.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the visit to the doctor will be at least somewhat helpful.
EndreWhiteMane: You're welcome and if you're looking at Underrail I say go for it.
FearfulSymmetry: How about the story thus far? One of the reviews said that the storytelling wasn't that impressive, and as I'm a sucker for story, I've been holding off on purchasing for a bit.
So far I'd call the story 'generic', nothing very new and different but I think the choices and immersion make up for it.
Everything so far seems coherent and well done, i certainly haven't been bored yet.
If you liked Fallout 1 and 2 it's pretty much a sure winner, though in several ways different from those games.
EndreWhiteMane: So far I'd call the story 'generic', nothing very new and different but I think the choices and immersion make up for it.
Everything so far seems coherent and well done, i certainly haven't been bored yet.
If you liked Fallout 1 and 2 it's pretty much a sure winner, though in several ways different from those games.
Haven't played those yet, although I do own them from the free promo when they went off GOG. I guess I'd better play through those classics first at any rate before getting Underrail. :P Thanks for your thoughts.
Bummer...just found out why some Linux distros are constantly losing the ethernet connection on my laptop....darn kernel bug..

FearfulSymmetry: See my reply to Endre above. :) I particularly like Moacube - the studio - because they make an innovative kind of visual novel. The designs are always stunning. The backgrounds are very pretty and they are always careful about adding small details like lighting and movement. I found their previous game, Cinders, to be quite enjoyable as well, especially as the game had a kind of hidden tracker that assigned a personality to the main character based on your choices, and that in turn influenced the story. From what I've played of the demo of this game, it's even better than the previous, and I like that it's made by a small studio that is very serious about listening to its fans and implementing feedback.

I'm doing quite well. Did some shopping earlier today (it was super busy because of the pre-Christmas rush) and I still have some translation work to do now. :) Good to hear you're doing well yourself.
Game looks interesting although i'm not at all into visual novels :)
That being said - i might give the demo a try. Sounds like a really good developer from the way it acts :)

Glad to hear that. Yes i know that - Barely survived the downtown yesterday :P

Cool thanks...might do that whil it still has the launch discount..but i'm not sure if i'll have the time to actually play it anytime soon plus my backlog is huge already :)
But i'll definitely keep it on my wishlist then.

Edit: And i still haven't played ye olde Fallouts ;)
Post edited December 22, 2015 by ElTerprise
*waves to ElT and Fearful* :-)

EndreWhiteMane: So far I'd call the story 'generic', nothing very new and different but I think the choices and immersion make up for it.
How's the difficulty? I'm a newbie at this type of game. Would hate to buy it and get stuck after 11 minutes :-p
Post edited December 22, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: *waves to ElT and Fearful* :-)
Hi Agent *big twug*
How are you?

AgentBirdnest: How's the difficulty? I'm a newbie at this type of game. Would hate to buy it and get stuck after 11 minutes :-p
With turn-based combat and all the saves you want it' can be taken at your own pace.
There is no manual but between the help system, tool tips and wiki I've done fine and I'm no pro at these either.
Can't believe I'm saying this but,Alone in the Dark 3 isn't all that bad.
ElTerprise: Hi Agent *big twug*
How are you?
Sounds like someone wants to get hugges again.
ElTerprise: Hi Agent *big twug*
How are you?
*double twug*
I'm a bit tired, and really bad at FTL, but feeling good otherwise :-p
ElTerprise: Game looks interesting although i'm not at all into visual novels :)
That being said - i might give the demo a try. Sounds like a really good developer from the way it acts :)

Glad to hear that. Yes i know that - Barely survived the downtown yesterday :P
Yep, they'll probably put the demo up publically when they officially release the game. :) And yes, they're great people. They also upgraded all pre-order owners to the deluxe edition for free because there were some delays in releasing the game. I felt that was a really nice gesture as well.
Hi Agent! *big hug* How's it going? :)
Post edited December 22, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry
Conversational Free-for-all Thread Song of the Day

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

The First Noel
Post edited December 22, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
FearfulSymmetry: Hi Agent! *big hug* How's it going? :)
GAAAHHH!! ',,',','',':-O ..... Ho... sorry, I was falling asleep ô__û
Doing good today. Didn't get quite enough sleep, but no matter. I'm not too tired to smile :-) Even had the energy to go for a walk in the hills today in pissing rain, which was quite lovely (and I'm being totally sincere - the rain is very refreshing!)